• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it! are those m3 coupe side skirt? want some for mine

Comment

Originally posted by e34///M View Post
      Love it! are those m3 coupe side skirt? want some for mine
      Thanks dude. They're just the standard M-sport sill covers/skirts whatever they are.

Originally posted by Mähks View Post
      just cut out the metal, best way to get some space

waiting for more pictures :p
      Yeah I think I might have to at this rate, gathering a few quotes for getting them repainted afterwards and then i'm going to do it!

I tried taking some more pictures but I failed and they all came out rubbishly. I'll put a couple up but I **** how high the car is so as soon as I get the rear arches done it's going lower all round.

stokecan2 by hydeh, on Flickr

stokecan1 by hydeh, on Flickr

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by ThayQi View Post
          Beautiful!
          Thanks man!

One more:

stokecan4 by hydeh, on Flickr

Got it through it's MOT the other day, so now I can start focusing on the fun stuff over the next few months. Lower, tidier, louder, faster. Not necessarily in that order.

Comment

Not been doing enough to this car still. A friend made me some poly bumpstops so I could reduce the travel out back and get it rub free, but I still need to roll the arch flat to get some more clearance for when I get it lower.

I've got the car booked in to have the thermostat changed as it takes ages to get up to temperature and on a long run it'll wander below 90C. I could have done it myself, but with it being cold and wet everyday and knowing i'd have to do it outside, I couldn't be bothered.. haha.

I've also ordered a new crankcase breather as I don't think mine has ever been changed!

I took the car to a local meet a little while back, and here are a few photos that I found:

Comment

Haven't updated this in a long time so this might be a long post.

The car broke before christmas:

IMG_20151125_182258 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

IMG_20151125_182312 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

Boosting onto the dual carriageway the car lost power and I was showered in fuel and smoke. At first I didn't really know what was going on, I thought I'd hit the sump on something as it was dark so shut it off and rolled down the hill into a conveniently placed layby. It didn't take long to realise what had happened. Basically the injector decided to fire itself out of the head, shearing the collar and studs and going up through all the engine covers spraying diesel everywhere.

It took me a while to get into fixing it because I couldn't work out what caused it, and I didn't want to put a load of money into fixing it if anything internal was damaged. I'm still not entirely sure what happened, but there was no damage to the tip of the injector so I can only assume the injector was loose (it always stank a bit of fuel) and the pressure of boosting just caused it to break free. I guess if the diesel was leaking out of there it would fatigue the collar anyway? who knows.

So decided to buy a refurbed bosch injector, spent a lot of money on nuts and studs and hoses and things from BMW, and then started getting it fixed.

IMG_20151205_131622 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

Old vs new:

IMG_20151213_121850 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

Spent ages replacing the fuel pressure hose. The old one bent and I found out you could just about get the old one out and the new one in without taking the manifold off, I reckon it saved time overall but it was pretty infuriating.

IMG_20151213_121708 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

New studs, the old snapped ones weren't too fun to get out either:

IMG_20151213_122609 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

All back together except for connecting the leak off pipes:

IMG_20151213_124814 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

Did an oil change to get all the diesel out of the sump, and bought a fault code reader off ebay to clear all the codes and then started it up. After clearing a lot of smoke, it ran fine and I think (touch wood) it's back to life.

I also picked up a new sump, but as the chemical metal putty is holding up on this one, I didn't want to replace it and then damage it straight away. So I got a friend to make up some engine mount spacers for me, give 756_engineering a follow on instagram if you need anything made up for yourself! These are next on the list to fit.

IMG_20160305_091748 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

Got it all fixed in time for a local meet, the SWDubs winter mega meet and it got a bit of love so here's a photo dump:

SWDubs-2016 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

SWDUBS-2016-Brent by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

SWDubs-2016-2 by Jake Tucker, on Flickr

And there's a few clips of it in this awesome video from In Motion Media: https://vimeo.com/153798008

Comment

Alphards <3 Great Car, hope to see it again at Players Show :p

Comment

I really, really, really love Alphards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mähks View Post
                    Alphards <3 Great Car, hope to see it again at Players Show :p
                    Dude I did not put the two together! Was looking at your car for ages at Players Classic, and you guys were talking to my friend with the white e46 with the crazy wide Breytons - I think you gave him some stickers? I'd have said hello if I realised!

I'll be going again this year and hopefully the car will actually look decent so will have to say hello this time.

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                    I really, really, really love Alphards.
                    Right? They're such a good low maintenance wheel and look good on most cars!

Comment

Originally posted by hydeh View Post
                      Dude I did not put the two together! Was looking at your car for ages at Players Classic, and you guys were talking to my friend with the white e46 with the crazy wide Breytons - I think you gave him some stickers? I'd have said hello if I realised!

I'll be going again this year and hopefully the car will actually look decent so will have to say hello this time.

Right? They're such a good low maintenance wheel and look good on most cars!
                      Haha Last year I couldnt make it with my Car.
                      Yes, he got some Stickers from a good friend.

This year we are coming with some more Cars and with much more People

Comment

Players Classic was fantastic last year, really looking forward to it this year.

Love the E46 man, I often see it pop up on instagram and such

Whilst you mentioned Stickers, I've still got a handfull of my page's stickers I can post out for free if you'd like one, would be great to see some cars on S|W rock a candy sticker at shows this year

Comment

So over the winter the cracked paint from cutting and rolling the rear arches started to get rusty, there were already scabs where the rear arch meets the bumper, and the boot lid also had a big scab above the handle.So to keep it looking tidy I decided to get it painted and do the rear bumper while I was at it. A great job by Lou's Autobody: https://www.facebook.com/paintbylou/

I'd highly recommend him, he helped me out when he kept uncovering unexpected situations and the finish was perfect!

In the booth:

Fresh paint:

And then the finished result at this year's Players Classic:

Now to fix the (hopefully) ABS sensor that has triggered my ABS, and DSC light on the dash. I swear this car is cursed.

To fully polish the alphards or not, that's the next question...

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                          Players Classic was fantastic last year, really looking forward to it this year.

Love the E46 man, I often see it pop up on instagram and such

Whilst you mentioned Stickers, I've still got a handfull of my page's stickers I can post out for free if you'd like one, would be great to see some cars on S|W rock a candy sticker at shows this year
                          Definitely don't check on here enough, would have been more than happy to whack a sticker on for the show! I'm undecided if I'm gonna move on or take it to a few more shows yet, but I'd be happy to stick one on in the meantime .

Did you guys get to Players Classic this year? Was an awesome show yet again, never fails to impress.

Comment

What are the specs of your wheels? Thanks!

Nice ride

Comment

Very nice, I like these wheels !

Comment

Originally posted by cholob12 View Post
                                What are the specs of your wheels? Thanks!

Nice ride
                                He should be running Adapters, since Alphards are 5x112, and BMW is 5x120.

He could've had them re-drilled though.

But, Alphards are:

18x8.5 +35
                                18x9.5 +40

Comment

Working...
                                X