Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vladi View Post
    I think they look good.

I don't know what it is about these Velosters, is it the clever and rebellious design or do they just look good I dont know.

But I like them lots
    With me its the clever and rebellious design for sure!

Comment

bruh, that powder coat failure had me heated! How can you say the wheel is at fault... your paint/powder is only as good as your prep! lol

but anyways. stoked to see further progress
      My 2012 Fit sport build
      My EF sedan build
      LowMonroe:

Comment

In for more bagged KDM.
        Bagged Kia Forte 5 Build HERE

Comment

love this, been waiting to see one of these done for a while

sigpic

Comment

The days of leaving a note after for bash the crap out of someones fender with your car door are long gone I guess. I don't even know how this happens. I park soooo far back and how jacked up most the guy next to me have been parked for a door to hit my front fender close to the front of my car?

Comment

Love the wheels I am biased though colors look awesome too! I love the ral colors!

Comment

Such a funky little car, I wish they were AWD.

Looks good though, nice work on the wheels.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

i have finally found a veloster i actually like! sweet job man! and sorry about the door ding ... probably them crazy kids.

Comment

Thanks.

I am back on the stock wheels for now.

The AMEs taught me two things:
                    1) I cant stand wild colors (I felt awkward driving with them haha)
                    2) I cant stand wheels with a lip on this car, they just look too small on the veloster.

So I was thinking about what to do and then I stumbled across this inspiring pic here on stanceworks and fell in love with the look of these wheels.

SO I started hunting for something similar that would fit me car. After a little searching I came across these on YAJ. They are WORK Sporbos (I guess a discontinued one piece line from WORK years ago). But, the look is similar, the specs are good, and I scored them for cheap!

I will be powdercoating them either gunmetal (like my stocks) or black. I haven't decided yet.

The specs will be aggressive for the veloster with 18x9.5+38 in the rear. But I think I can manage with -4 camber or so. I wanted these rear specs because, according to the WORK spec sheet, this is the first spec where the wheel switches from concave to super concave

I also got bored and debaged the "veloster" and took this artsy rain pic

Now to wait like four months for the snow to stop so I can put the coilovers on.
                    Last edited by dminner; 11-18-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Concav will look great imo.
                      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Finally, nearly a year later...updates. New wheels. Have had coils on for awhile but never took pics....new pics soon with wheels on. Matte black klutches with lips that have been painted gloss black .

Trying to install this weekend. Have to order camber bolts for the front...and will try to stack some camber shims in the rear...wish I knew somebody that has done that before to look over my shoulder...

Comment

From legit wheels to reps, what happened to the works?

I can't believe I missed this build thread, I love sprint grey velosters! I know that feel man about the dent, you can get that removed on the cheap, or take the fender off and knock the metal back into shape yourself. Just be glad it wasn't on a rear quarter.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post

From legit wheels to reps, what happened to the works?

I can't believe I missed this build thread, I love sprint grey velosters! I know that feel man about the dent, you can get that removed on the cheap, or take the fender off and knock the metal back into shape yourself. Just be glad it wasn't on a rear quarter.
                            Well, they didnt arrive in as good of condition as i thought...I didnt have the cash to completely refurb them. Also, I was overly ambitious. I bolted the 9.5s on and there was no way I was making that happen

Oh well, I managed to trade the works for the klutches with tires and I really like them. I wanted black wheels and the specs fit the bill (well like 5mm more aggressive than I hoped but close). Also, just because I don't know...what are the klutches reps of?

And really, the sporbos were from works "economy" cast line so is the quality really much better than the klutches? They just had the name going for them. Actually the klutches seem very nice.

I never keep wheels for long. I will find a winter "project" set I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dminner View Post
                              Well, they didnt arrive in as good of condition as i thought...I didnt have the cash to completely refurb them. Also, I was overly ambitious. I bolted the 9.5s on and there was no way I was making that happen

Oh well, I managed to trade the works for the klutches with tires and I really like them. I wanted black wheels and the specs fit the bill (well like 5mm more aggressive than I hoped but close). Also, just because I don't know...what are the klutches reps of?

And really, the sporbos were from works "economy" cast line so is the quality really much better than the klutches? They just had the name going for them. Actually the klutches seem very nice.

I never keep wheels for long. I will find a winter "project" set I am sure.
                              Klutch uses gravity casting, and work uses low pressure casting for their lower end 1 piece cast wheels. Big difference.

At least klutch didn't try to fake the 3 piece design?

If you like running the klutch wheels, and feel better with them then more power to you. I just believe that credit is due to the original designer as well. Another good thing is that you aren't using bbs center caps

Do you plan on doing anything to the engine?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

The work sporbos were gravity cast too

I dig the looks of the klutches and will run them the rest of the year. Between the klutches and the sporbos I have develooed a better idea of what my car can do spec-wise. Next year I would really like to do color matched tarmacs. But it seems like whenever I have cash they are always sold out.

And no engine mods, I drive like a grandpa and got the car for fuel economy all mods are only for looks.
                                Last edited by dminner; 08-17-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X