No announcement yet.

The Tinman: Driveway V8 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back with another update, we are approaching the day we get to fire it up soon (and hopefully drive it not long after) but I'll dump some more picture of what we've been doing.......

So shortly after my last post these arrived!

From jagsthatrun

Makeshift painting booth for new calipers

Fronts

Rear brakes off

Racing beat sway bar

The old end links

Aaannnddd like new.. kind of.. but new polyurethane bushings

New sway bar bolted in, will soon be done with the rear but waiting on left side calipers to come in...

Grinding off old carpet from mold to glue on new carpet

Ceramic coated headers

Got some titanium wrap and I think it turned out pretty well for my first time..

First header

Figuring out how to wrap second header.. tubes got very close so I got a little creative but I think it turned out well, I assumed over wrapping was better than under wrapping..

Old carpet out and getting some wiring done

Random picture from under the car while installing heat shield..

Cleaned up and replaced inner tie rod, and ball joint on front.. Will be finishing that up soon and then I can get the brakes on, also got stainless steel lines..

After some banging of the transmission tunnel we managed to get one header in

So that's about where we're at, wiring is pretty much done, will be working on getting the other header to fit soon but making progress! Need to get the new carpet in and paint the dash..

Can't wait to drive it so hopefully we have a productive week, my dad is getting knee surgery June 9th so the count down is on.

Comment

Great progress so far OP, can't wait to see it finished.

Years back I met a guy who had a really nice LSX FC and he took me autocrossing in it. I have to say the car drives amazingly well and feels very balanced.

You won't regret going this route over rotary, please keep this updated!

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
        Great progress so far OP, can't wait to see it finished.

Years back I met a guy who had a really nice LSX FC and he took me autocrossing in it. I have to say the car drives amazingly well and feels very balanced.

You won't regret going this route over rotary, please keep this updated!
        Thank you!
        I am sure I won't although I know either one would make me happy.

But exciting update! Don't have too many pictures but I will just dump what I have..

So got the rad a little protected and fitted it back into the car, as well I started ripping apart the doors so that I could clean them up and redo them..

Both headers in, passenger side looks perfect, the transmission tunnel will need to be banged out a big to fit the drivers side and will probably go down to 2.5" piping

Front suspension pretty much done, just need to rebuild the hubs

Finished up the heater core and got it in the car...

Got some fluids and started prepping the car to be started up!!!

Unicorn power

and after some electrical problems (just forgot a ground and had to give the fuel pump some external power..) IT FIRES UP! Fired it up a few times but the footage was so poor I am not going to post it but now it starts up great.. Got a lot of work left to get it on the road but definitely exciting and a big step

Video of it running camera died while recording but yeeeeEEAAAAAHHHHH!

Comment

Please keep the intake like that. ahhaha
          But seriously great stuff man.
          Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by IV. View Post
            I would love to just run the exhaust right out the hood or something like that but because I am dailying it probably not the greatest idea haha

.. Little update though the heater core starter to leak a bit, so I replaced the old hose on it, went to start the car and it was having some trouble, my dad said he saw some smoke coming from the main fuse box so I stopped cranking it, now it seems the starter motor isn't getting enough power to turn it over... So either some wiring problems, bad starter or my dad has reasons to believe it may be a problem with the alternator but not entirely sure right now.. Will hopefully figure somethings out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by IV. View Post
              please don't
              Originally posted by Stupid Kid
              You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

So another little update, started painting up the interior, got BMW charcoal which turned out to look pretty much like the original paint but a little darker/greyer but I think it will look good.

[IMG]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u402/thisisbooty/IMG_0534_zpsc2xztfbu.jpg/IMG]

Also got the front brakes together and on..

And then after like 10 months the car was on 4 wheels again!

Will need to do some adjusting of the ride height/camber but I forgot how good it looked on the ground haha

Also put in the S5 tail lights and got cutting the carpet (No pictures of that)

Also got a 16" rad fan and mounted that up

And that's about it....

Going to hopefully get an exhaust made up this week and start putting the interior/seats back in!

Comment

I'm liking this

Whats up with that kawasaki-chevy shirt?
                  Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
                    I'm liking this

Whats up with that kawasaki-chevy shirt?
                    Thanks!

But that is my dad, he says it's from when chevy used to sponsor the kawasaki motocross team? He is into motocross, we've got like......... 10 bikes? Something like that lol

Comment

Working...
                    X