No announcement yet.

My landyatch - e38 740iL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did they "align" the rear with those stock wheels? Was it more or a toe adjustment? My rear left toe is tearing the inside of my tire up. I'm at stock height with mine. I'm more familiar with a Honda suspension than these E38's. That's why I'm asking.
    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Originally posted by los02 View Post
      How did they "align" the rear with those stock wheels? Was it more or a toe adjustment? My rear left toe is tearing the inside of my tire up. I'm at stock height with mine. I'm more familiar with a Honda suspension than these E38's. That's why I'm asking.
      the e38 has the rear camber adjustment bolt at the end of the rear control arm, it sits inside the wheel and the toe link is easy to find too, its a little control arm that sits in front of your strut. the adjustment bolt it there it mounts on to the frame. mine was done with the adjustable control arms i built. The place i went to uses lasers to align the wheels so its nice and accurate. only reason why i used the stock wheel in the front is because my bbs tuck too much and he couldn't get the alignment thing to grab on to the rim
      does this help?
      instagram: @artur_bastos

My e38 Build

Comment

• have not posted in a while, ive been busy however i have done a few things to the car!
        nothing major, just little accents and things to make it more unique and more to my liking.

replaced my cabin air filter which by the looks of it was never replaced before

i smashed a fog light out of my own stupidity so replaced them with ones with black housings for a stealthier look

added some lighting!

wired them up so they'll only come on when the puddle lights come (when a door opens, or the car is unlocked). there are oem exterior lit handles but retrofitting them would be a lot more pain in the ass than doing this.
        They are also way brighter in pics than in person. It looks more natural in person.

horrible pic i know, but its oem interior lit door handle. very subtle at night when its on

added better lighting to the trunk as well

some will **** the additions some will like them. I like them so i don't care!

also i decided to change my fitment. i raised the rear a bit and lessened the camber. The wheel is flush now with the fender instead of tucking like it was before. I rides so much better and looks better too in my opinion. It was too much camber out back and the fronts didn't match so it doesnt look good.
        Anyway, went out and took some pics!

My e38 Build

Comment

• Oh. My. Fucking. GOD.

The new fitment just perfected it. It was baller before, but the only thing I wasn't keen on was the rear tuck. As it sits now... brb, creamed my pants.

I demand more pictures ASAP!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• You've done a damn good job=)
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Pretty much what every 7 should be
              I do enjoy the led puddles did you follow some sort of diy or have line made?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• looks way better now. close to perfect and that as good as it can get

i need an e38 for when i get older and wear a suit to work.

Comment

• Perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                    Pretty much what every 7 should be
                    I do enjoy the led puddles did you follow some sort of diy or have line made?
                    neither really. i found the wires that activate the oem door puddle lights and tapped into those.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                    looks way better now. close to perfect and that as good as it can get

i need an e38 for when i get older and wear a suit to work.
                    thanks man. i said I'm gonna start wearing suits everywhere for no reason now lol
                    Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                    Perfect
                    thanks!

My e38 Build

Comment

• This car sucks

Comment

• Looks super clean! I'm rebuilding me a set of BBS RF`s now and also looking for a Clean E38.
                        Seeing you running 12" in the rear makes me wonder how my 13.5 rears will look!
                        Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

• I love this car!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fsiguy View Post
                            This car sucks
                            i know i should sell it

Originally posted by stbk View Post
                            Looks super clean! I'm rebuilding me a set of BBS RF`s now and also looking for a Clean E38.
                            Seeing you running 12" in the rear makes me wonder how my 13.5 rears will look!
                            13.5s eh. sick! doing body work to fit them too?

My e38 Build

Comment

• Originally posted by e38art View Post
                              i know i should sell it

13.5s eh. sick! doing body work to fit them too?
                              probably. but their 18" so i guess it won't be that hard. i wanna go for the poke look and not tuck. but i really don't know until their on.
                              Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

• i'm with dr ak on this one

new fitting is awesome
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X