Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally finished my wheels
    took the chance to snap a couple pics

for those following this, my BBK project is on hold until November we sold our place and i don't move in to my new house until early November so i don't have a garage until then. i MIGHT acquire some extra spindles to give to the machine shop to work with but will depend on price really.
    instagram: @artur_bastos

My e38 Build

Comment

• SO badass, love it.

- Renato
      TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
      sigpic

Comment

• How did I miss the update with the refinished wheels mounted. Good heavens! Just beautiful.

I'm sitting on a set of 19" Racing Hart C2's. I may have to convince the to let me get an E38 so I can properly rebuild them. You have inspired me!

Comment

• I really, really, really love this!

Comment

• Nice ride, done just right!!
            Personal:
            My IG: https://instagram.com/elleongs/
            My Track GS300 Build: [/B] http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72763
            Business:
            507GARAGE Site: https://www.507garage.com
            507GARAGE IG: My IG: https://instagram.com/507_garage
            507GARAGE Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/507GARAGE

Comment

• Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
              SO badass, love it.

- Renato
              thanks a lot man! I've got some cool stuff in the works

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
              How did I miss the update with the refinished wheels mounted. Good heavens! Just beautiful.

I'm sitting on a set of 19" Racing Hart C2's. I may have to convince the to let me get an E38 so I can properly rebuild them. You have inspired me!
              haha glad i inspired you. finish the wheels and throw them on!

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
              I really, really, really love this!
              THE phil chow!? I'm honoured!

Originally posted by ELLeon View Post
              Nice ride, done just right!!
              thank you!

appreciate all the love!

My e38 Build

Comment

• So i figured its about time i post an update on this thread.....

These events have taken place since last october until now...

Bought an E36 coupe 323is that will become my track car this year or the next provided my E38 project goes well.
                Parked the 7 in October. Battery died, sunroof leaked and i have had nothing by electrical nightmares.
                The body wasn't in the best shape and i had to replace the gas tank as well because it leaked, so heres my fix to all those problems.

98 740i. Unfortunately it not the 'L' but it is MINT. 170,000km, not a spec of rust on the body, and everything works minus the transmission lol. an internal sensor went and as a result it runs like crap. But the car was cheap.

Also got this...

540i 6 Speed swap kit. Transmission, custom driveshaft, mounts, pedals, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, etc etc. $1000!!!
                I've wanted a 6 speed 7 since i bought my first one and when i saw this deal i couldn't pass it up.

And this is where I'm at right now.

Exhaust, driveshaft, and shifter linkage are all out.
                Next i need to figure out how I'm going to delete the auto tranny oil and cooler lines.
                If anyone has some info on that i'd appreciate it!

My e38 Build

Comment

• Unexpected plot twist. I like where this is headed though! Sucks about your original E38. Sometimes, it is just easier (and cheaper) to cut your loses and move onto a example that is in better shape.

Comment

• You have no idea how much I want a manual E38 haha, can't wait to see more progress!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Still gonna be running the style 5s?
                      @sirlowalot

Comment

• did a lot of research in order to figure out how to get more camber in the back. Since there is virtually zero aftermarket for this car i did it stance works style and built adjustable control arms myself. pics to come
                        Just read this over on bimmerforums.com.
                        Great build! Particualry fond because I've got a '98 735iL myself... Did you ever post pictures of the arms? Curious...
                        My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Nice man! Sometimes it's just better to start on a better base, rather than trying to fix all the issues. Your parts were all removable, so definitely worth it!

Excited to see you finish up the swap!

And yes, that is I! You still have the MKV?

Comment

• Originally posted by lamsv View Post
                            Unexpected plot twist. I like where this is headed though! Sucks about your original E38. Sometimes, it is just easier (and cheaper) to cut your loses and move onto a example that is in better shape.
                            exactly, and way less headaches too. i hope lol. this was a good find!

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                            You have no idea how much I want a manual E38 haha, can't wait to see more progress!
                            Originally posted by Jkerem View Post
                            Still gonna be running the style 5s?
                            oh yes. way too much invested into them lol

Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                            Just read this over on bimmerforums.com.
                            Great build! Particualry fond because I've got a '98 735iL myself... Did you ever post pictures of the arms? Curious...
                            i wish we got all the cool models in north america. we never get options!
                            i did sorta post one. ill post a better one when i swap them. nothing fancy honestly but it does the trick

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                            Nice man! Sometimes it's just better to start on a better base, rather than trying to fix all the issues. Your parts were all removable, so definitely worth it!

Excited to see you finish up the swap!

And yes, that is I! You still have the MKV?
                            exactly man, honestly wasn't worth my time and energy chasing electrical issues with the other one.
                            i do have the MKV still yea, but its for sale. got too many toys and she's gotta go! just time to move on you know. I saw a little while ago yours looks good! that BBK is nice man, only one of that style (rear) that I've seen for the MKV. hopefully ill get to finish mine for the E38 this year as well.
                            I'm really hoping that car will be drivable by mid june *fingers crossed* but well see how it plays out. got a lot on the go and don't want to get too hopeful lol

My e38 Build

Comment

• VICTORY!!!
                              well, at least for this portion of the swap.

what i had to use to get the top bolts lol

now just have to wait for the new seals for the 6 speed transmission to come in and change those. clean it all up, resurface the flywheel and it can go in.
                              HOWEVER, while i have access to the back of the engine, is there anything i can check for? Leaky seals, and any common problem item?

if any E38/M62 wizards can chime in id appreciate it!

My e38 Build

Comment

• Dang, this is too awesome. I wanted to do an E38/6 for a long time. It'd make it so much more fun.
                                IG: ossiep

Comment

Working...
                                X