My Mk4 golf from the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mk4 golf from the uk

Hello all this is the build of my mk4 golf. After having 2 fiesta toying with the idea of getting a polo or a lupo, i went for some a bit different and bought a mk4 golf 1.6 16v instead.

Spec: completely standard November 2013

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 100,000 miles, Beige, Petrol, Manual, Service indicator, Drivers airbag, Full size spare wheel, Body coloured bumpers, Heated door mirrors, Trip computer. Air Con, Remote Central Locking, 2 Keys, Full Service History, Electric Windows, Pas, Abs, Mot, Good Condition Throughout

MOT till 20th November 2013
    TAx till 15th October 2014

so im spending the next few days going over the car checking everything to make sure it passes it Mot next month,
    also while i cleaning the interior i found over 7 pounds of loose change so that going towards the new mod.

Here are a few pictures of boris the day i got him home,

mk4 golf by Connor Wallis, on Flickr

as you can see I've started to make it my own with the Status Error sticker.

and here is a rough spec on what I to do,

Rota Force silver 18x8.5 front ET48 15mm hub centric spacer 18x9.0 rear ET35
    upgrade the exhaust, but i'm keeping it hindon
    Full recaro interior with a full re-trim in mind
    25th anniversary body kit for a 5 door
    powerflex bushes all round
    uprated anti roll bar and drop links.

So around february 2014 time i started buying bits for the car, i bought a second hand set of v-maxx coilovers and drop link's picking them up saturday, as well as that i've bought some HID. also i've had the dog bone mount changed and front lower control arms for some polyurethane one's made a huge difference to the car. also a few picture of the coilovers

also a quick test fit of the wheels
    wheels are being repainted in silver or gunmetal undiced at the moment.
    on another note i changed my mind again about my boot build and it end up like this still working on it though so its not done as of yet

will all be wrapped in black suede before it finished,that's all for the time being.

Around april 2014
    plans change on the wheel side of things again Small ish update the wheels are on, yes its a little monster truck looking at the moment but it will be sorted soon.
    While i'm on the subject of wheels, i was told they were 9.5 x18 when in fact they 8.0 x18 so im now running 20mm spacers up front and 25mm at the rear.

Front wheels/tyres setup
    225/40/18
    18x8
    20mm hubcentric spacer

Rear wheel/tyre setup
    255/35/18 (came with the wheels)
    18x8
    25mm hubcentric spacer

On another note i retrimed (Myself) the top half of my interior in purple just to be a bit different, some people may like some may not.

quick interior shot to get the idea

that's all for now there is still more updates to come c+c welcome
    thanks Connor

Love the show of colour inside!!

As I'll say to everything, still needs to go lower haha!
    Instagram: @Lhottekins

Comment

Its been a while since i've done an update on the golf a few bits have change

audio upgrades include
      JL audio Door speakers front and rear
      JL audio Twin 12 inch subs
      JL audio 750w amp
      JL audio bass controller

JL audio twin sub by Connor Wallis, on Flickr

Uprated door speakers by Connor Wallis, on Flickr

also a few other part bought, Around that time was a genuine volkswagen roof rack 5 door model

it stayed that way for a while till i got bored of the lambo reps, so i started looking for a new set of wheels , i found myself looking a xxr 527, bbs ch or rota grids. but came across a set of ex display rota mc3 from there new 2014 range rather cheap so i place's a few bids on them and eventually won them on ebay, then hunt for tyre began, after hearing good a promising reviews on maxxis tyres i went ahead a bought myself some rubber.

wheel spec:
      Rota mc3
      18x8.5J
      et 35 (all round)
      5x100

tyre spec :
      Maxxis Victra Z3
      225/40/18 (all round)

New wheels by Connor Wallis, on Flickr

my golf by Connor Wallis, on Flickr

most recent updates to the car include
      Custom home made gear gaitor
      LED rear lights
      1.8t non recaro seats, great improvements in comfort and support, pictures to follow
      arm rest delete

also i had a small accident involving a concrete post a short while ago, it did quite a bit of damage to the bodywork, so i started looking for a new/second parts. i found myself looking on ebay, gumtree, car forum rooms and scrap yards in the end i found all the parts i need for a small price

Bonnet £40 including hinges
      front bumper £5
      front grill 99p
      front lower lip £ free
      front crash bar, slam panel , radiator and passenger side headlight £50
      bonnet latch and other little pieces £5
      radweld £5.99

total cost just so far of £105

just saving some money to get it painted currently.

That all for now, but there a few other plans i'd like to get done before players in september so we will have to wait and see c+c welcome

Connor

Comment

Working...
      X