Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hipster's Miata, (Honda Beat Content Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milano_red
    replied
    I can't believe I'm just noticing this.

My knew I was missing something in my life, this was it.

Leave a comment:

• _e90
    replied
    THIS IS SO SICK. Subscribing now. Can't wait to see it with a widebody!

Leave a comment:

• Miroteknik
    replied
    lol that interior looks so fun

Leave a comment:

• loekaaz
    replied

I'm so gonna subscribe to this.... Dis gonna b good
    Last edited by loekaaz; 02-06-2015, 04:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Randomofodication
    replied
    Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
    Such an epic build thread haha
    Thanks man! More like a collection of parts at the moment though haha

Leave a comment:

• 99sil-teg
    replied
    Such an epic build thread haha

Leave a comment:

• Randomofodication
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
    I love my Circuit Soul shift knob, but I wouldn't really call a 25mm round artillery haha. Glad to see some updates on this.
    Haha, my bad. I really have no clue when it comes to guns or military things.
    Originally posted by ehDevo View Post
    too cool, love it!
    Originally posted by Hellalime View Post
    Holy balls, in for this one, you just created my favorite build thread
    Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
    Wow, I never heard of this car until now. I love it! Can't wait to see more.
    Originally posted by Azrial89 View Post
    Im really looking forward to seeing this build. Awesome!
    Thanks guys!

So bit of an update, kinda slow at the moment with it being winter and all. Finally got my steering wheel in (don't worry the bolts in the pic were just temporary till the real ones came)

and the front widebody kit came, probably wont get around to fitting it till summer or spring time

found the perfect set of wheels for the car while browsing japan yahoo. they're Work vs-xx, 4x100 14"x6.5. stock wheels are 14x5 and 13x4.5 so it should increase the handling dramatically when paired with a properly sized semi slick.

I did a test fit to see how they looked and to check clearances.

with the widebody kit on I'll be able to clear 195/55r14 tires, hopefully i can track down some decent priced semi slicks for these babies

the clearances are definitely "tight" in the front

and again, widebody in the back should clear some pretty decent sized tires

till next time gents

Leave a comment:

• Azrial89
    replied
    Im really looking forward to seeing this build. Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• TerenceJCruz
    replied
    Wow, I never heard of this car until now. I love it! Can't wait to see more.

Leave a comment:

• Hellalime
    replied
    Holy balls, in for this one, you just created my favorite build thread

Leave a comment:

• ehDevo
    replied
    too cool, love it!

Leave a comment:

• DeltaAlpha9
    replied
    I love my Circuit Soul shift knob, but I wouldn't really call a 25mm round artillery haha. Glad to see some updates on this.

Leave a comment:

• Randomofodication
    replied
    Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    Bump

Hurry up mane. I'm dying over here.

did you get that shirt?
    Don't worry, its still going, just at a slow pace might have a buddy make me a shirt instead

Picked up a few parts from a local guy

Immediately threw the coilovers on the car and headed out to find a semi truck. It's actually capable of clearing a regular trailer while its still attatched to the truck.

and heres the only side profile shot I got, its approx. 1 patio chair high

I only had the coilovers on for about a day and then put back in my old struts because the coilovers where shit. literally thing the spring rate was about 3-4k and the shocks felt blown which all in all made the car handle horrible.

but that isnt too bad, the springs and shocks on the car are actually mugen so it handles amazing on them. would still like something a little stiffer and lower though.

somehow managed to lose my original oil filer cap so replaced it with an rs mach racing one.

finally got my shift knob and threw it on. still however need to shorten the stick so it sits lower. And yes its actually a spent artillery round

Waiting on my vertex wheel to come so i can finally put a quick release on and get in and out of this death trap easier.

And the best for last. I'm waiting on half a widebody kit to come from japan. should be here mid to late november I only liked the front half of one kit and the back half off another so I'll be combining 2 kits essentially. Front half will be rs-mach and the back kit will be back yard special (flares on the purple beat on the first page). Ive orderded just the wide hood and front bumper. I will make my own splitter as im not very fond of the kits splitter, as well as probably add some canards.

I believe once ive got a whole kit assembled that I'll likely have the only widebody beat in the western hemisphere. also just a bit of interesting facts about the kit, notice in the second pic that the car has a white plate? kei cars are registered and have yellow plates, putting this kit on the car exceeds the limitiations of size for a kei car and actually means it needs to be re-registered and taxed as a full sized car

as well I'd like to try and make some J's racing style fenders out of the spare ones i picked up just to make the whole thing a bit more agressive

next update I'll hopefully have some parts here and on the car instead of just travelling across the sea, till next time gents

Leave a comment:

• rice4life
    replied
    Bump

Hurry up mane. I'm dying over here.

did you get that shirt?

Leave a comment:

• DeltaAlpha9
    replied
    Ya, that silver one needed over fenders for those wheels in the back. Awesome that you were able to get a spot in the show last minute though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X