No announcement yet.

CAtuned E28 build #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited to see the rest. I love the engine bay textured paint you guys use.

Comment

Started following CAtuned on instagram awhile back because they're just awesome. When I make it out to Cali I would love to just be a a shop/tools cleaning boy. Car looks good so far man, e28's are sweet

Comment

So I picked up a limited slip with the gear ratio I wanted, planned on replacing seals and calling it good. Little did I know early e28's used a different diff that has a larger cover and mounts in the center. Pictured first is how the diff should mount and next is mine. I ended up making an adapter plate to make it work and will be welding later to reinforce it. Next the front suspension and steering came out.

Comment

Because I was still waiting for parts to arrive I pulled the carpet next. Black carpet ready to go in. I sprayed the rear piece black instead of trying to find another, and same with the glove box. Also found some original goodies in the glove box as I had never opened it. Pictured last my pistons came, so I took my block to the machine shop. Big thanks to Bimmerheads for helping me get my motor setup figured out. Also i purchased a 535i cluster and sent it to Bavarian Restoration for some work.

Comment

This will be a two part update as I am behind. I got the head assembled thanks to parts from Bimmerheads, running 284 cam, hd rockers, rocker locks, and valve springs. Pictured is valves, cam, then rockers, and also a sneak peak of the interior which will be coming together soon.

Comment

Part two of the update starts with getting the motor back from the machine shop. The block was bored and decked and the rotating assembly was balanced. Here are some pics where you can see the rods were ground and balanced, and crank and clutch were drilled. Also the ring ends are gapped and the motor will be ready to be assembled next week.

Comment

Excited for more. What are you planning for seats?
                Awesome build

Moar lows coming soon...

Comment

Originally posted by KrautnotRice View Post
                  Excited for more. What are you planning for seats?
                  Awesome build
                  I have a set of sport seats for it that need to be recovered

Comment

Time for some progress pics, it's starting to look like a car again and is finally a roller after 6 months of sitting on jack stands. Catuned coils installed and big brakes as well as rear disk conversion. Motor is also coming together nicely. Wheels are just temporary btw

Comment

Great progress Dustin
                      IG:uvebeenrobd
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

looking good man!
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Working...
                        X