So I think I can stance: 7G Honda Accord Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I think I can stance: 7G Honda Accord Coupe

What's up Stance | Works. A buddy of mine finally convinced me to start up a build thread of my 2003 Honda Accord Coupe, so here it is.

I'll go ahead and preface this thread with some info about me. I'm a full-time senior in college who's quickly running out of money to pay for school, and my degree typically takes 5 years to finish all the required classes. I also have a girlfriend and no job because I usually have up to three labs a semester that take up the time (and money) I haven't already given to my university. So sacrifices had to be made in regards to where my money goes.

My buddy got me into cars during my freshman year of college, so you're going to see a lot of amateur sh!t on this thread since I've only been into cars for nearly 3 years. Take it easy on me if you can plzz

So enough of my excuses, I'll get started with my car.

My junior year of high school, the wonderful state of Florida decided they didn't want to pay for a bus to take me to school. I was given a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX.

K24A4 5AT.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said earlier, I didn't get into cars until my freshman year of college. I'll go ahead and show you the embarrassing shit I did to this poor car until I learned about the stance scene. ***VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED***

Let's start with this:

The ol' tinted tails. You weren't into cars until you tinted your tail lights until the people behind you couldn't tell when you were braking -_-. Oh and don't mind the panda. High school was dark times.

Are you ready for the next one?

Wow. Such Fast. Very Furious. Many Tokyo Drift. If there are any kids out there reading my thread, Fast and Furious, Need For Speed, and MTV are VERY BAD influences.

***END REALLY BAD STUFF***

Okay, okay no more of that painful stuff. The summer after my freshman year, I gathered up the balls to jack my car up and start taking things apart. Mind you, I've never even changed my oil at this point.

You can probably guess the route I took first.

Fun Fact: The new spring is for the rear and the strut is for the front, lol.

Here's how she sat for like a month:

AWW YEEE paint calipers for extra stopping power. Honda decal just in case you didn't know the make of the car and decided to look at the brakes. Oh and that fuzziness on the wheel face was just tire shine over spray.

Next, I blacked out my headlight housings:

So yeah, my car sat like this for about a month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***Lol, just kidding about the end of the bad stuff earlier, this stuff is pretty bad***

One day, right after a General Chemistry exam, I made a spontaneous decision to get me some new wheels.

All was good until I learned how dumb I was that I had just bought a set of wheels in 5x100 when my car's PCD was 5x114.3. So I had to buy a gigantic set of adapters to fit these things onto my car. I had already sold my stock wheels when I learned this so I was stuck with these new wheels.

I eventually got the spacers/adapters and put the wheels on the car and dropped the car.

I was so low with these hella low profile tires, my jack got stuck and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. In hindsight, I want to smack the old me and this is why:

Unfortunately, I was broke as hell after this mistake and I was stuck with these wheels for about 4 months. I eventually was so embarrassed that I got a new job just to get a proper set of wheels.

18x9 ET35

19 year old me inside a set of General Exclaims 225/45 R18

Much better. But too high

I had been riding on stock struts and Tien S-Techs for about 8 months and I decided the horrible damping and stiff ride had to go. I ate ramen every day for a few months and saved up to buy these:

Megan Street EZs. Say what you want about Megans, but the ride is better than stock (IMO) even though I'm lowered (aside from the scrapes and rubs).

I dropped the car until I could barely turn my tires and my rears couldn't drop anymore.

The car sat like this for a few months:

You notice the peeling paint on the hood and quarter panel? Yeah that got 800x worse in the following months.

I wish I had pictures to show you how bad my paint got, but every time it rained (which is every day in Florida), MORE clear coat would lift up because the rain would find its way underneath the clear coat and then try to evaporate when it got sunny again causing the clear to separate from the base coat. Let me put it this way. When I drove my car on the highway, pieces of paint would fly off my hood and quarter panels.

One day, after a good night of partying, I walk up to my car and I see this.

Hit and run. I guess someone didn't like my car. The fender was caved in so far that it didn't let my wheels spin or turn. This was my first time ever having to deal with insurance. Fun stuff.

At least my car looked cool on the flatbed. The guy towing my car also dented the hell out of my front bumper. Took a video of that happening and filed it with insurance. I got a nasty personal call from the flatbed driver a few days later. Whoops.

I got to drive this beast for the next two weeks while insurance dealt with it.

I'm all for horsepower, torque, and all that, but paying $5 for gas and getting 60 city miles was quite nice. But it made my Accord feel like a top fuel dragster when I got it back lol.

This marked my Junior year of college where my school workload sky-rocketed and I left all my jobs to focus on school. Not much has happened since then and my car is pretty much the same.

I got new paint. I decided I didn't like the yellow tones in Honda's Taffeta white so I went with an Audi Ibis White. It's a much more brilliant white, though most people probably can't tell the difference. I also got window visors, wrapped my roof black, and pushed my rear wheels out about .25".

I had my DSLR stolen from me a few months back, so I don't have many good shots of my car now, but I think you guys get the idea.

I donno what's going with this picture, my phone camera sucks. It shows the fitment in the rear pretty well I guess.

My roof isn't wrapped in this one, but it's my favorite pic right now lol.

Future mods when I graduate and hopefully find a job as a super successful engineer are:
    1) Better wheels
    2) Lip kit
    3) Airbag suspension
    4) Engine mods
    5) New interior

Have at it, everyone!

I'm not your buddy, guy! I'm not your guy, friend! I'm not your friend, buddy!
    refrence

You finally did it. Aw yiss dat underglow. Good times.
    Last edited by RedHeadMetalHead; 07-03-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Don't be too quick to bash on underglow. It's slowly making its way back into the scene. Car has a lot of potential though. I've seen a lot of good looking 7th Gen Accords.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

On a tastefully modded car, underglow actually looks kind of cool.

The car looks great so far, did you ever ditch the tinted tails?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

think so,decided I didn't like the yellow tones in Honda's Taffeta white so I went with an Audi Ibis White. It's a much more brilliant white, though most people probably can't tell the difference. I also got window visors, wrapped my roof black, and pushed my rear wheels out about .25". thanks

Comment

^ Damn spam bots. They're everywhere

Comment

Starting to look quite good! Love seeing these generations done up properly.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

I can dig it. Looking back on past mistakes is always painful.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the positive comments, guys! It's good to know I've made good progress!

Originally posted by jerrychoochoo View Post
                  Don't be too quick to bash on underglow. It's slowly making its way back into the scene. Car has a lot of potential though. I've seen a lot of good looking 7th Gen Accords.
                  True? I never really see it anymore and when I do, it's always on so-so cars. I guess the scene in my part of Florida has some catching up to do. But thanks! I definitely have a bunch of plans for the car once the funds start rolling in.

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                  The car looks great so far, did you ever ditch the tinted tails?
                  I must have applied the paint incorrectly because the tint disappeared over time. My tails are back to normal now lol.

I've been looking into future mods and I want to do a 6MT swap while keeping the K24 engine. I've read up a little on it and it looks like I'll need to find the tranny from an 09+ TSX, but I'll research this more once this becomes more of a reality. But if anyone out there that's done it comes across this thread, would you mind shedding some info on this?

Comment

You need an 04-08 Tsx tranny

Comment

I can dig it x2. Definitely took some steps in the right direction.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Working...
                      X