• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates?
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

looks so good on the equips! interested to see how it'll look on the new wheels. i like the rollers with the s2k too, kinda like an old school vs new school.
      Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

It kinda looks like the ROTSUN of the Roadkill show, but then better executed...
        Lucas
        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
        Originally posted by LCG
        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Man yes! yes! yes!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by Earl View Post
            Updates?
            YES!! I go to school on the east coast, and having the car in CA hinders a lot of possible progress.

Both the Volvo and Z are currently at a shop. The Z is getting a 4 pt cage, bucket seats, and 4 pt harnesses put in.

The plan is to drop the wheels off with them over spring break and they should fit without flares. If they need flares I can install them at the beginning of summer.

I already have all the arms/links from techno toy tuning waiting to go in. And depending on how much I make over the summer I'm heavily leaning towards an RB20det swap.

Paint and the final touches aren't high on the to do list as of now.

Just because people like pictures here is my Volvo when it was getting towed to the shop lol the guy was so mad when he pulled up and saw my car

'82 Volvo 242 build
            '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Loving where this is going and can't wait to see it on the new wheels and with those louvres mounted up.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Well guys, back from the east coast and finally have some time to work on the whips.

Got some gold plastidip and added some graphics to the Z.

It will peel off so I'm just experimenting right now.

I like the drivers side stripes- not sure how i feel about the passenger side circle.

I want to add more lettering and stuff- ideas/suggestions? Going for a war plane/rat rod kinda theme so any thoughts are welcome.

Plans for the summer are basically to get the SSR's mounted, some kind of paint change, and possibly some flares depending on how the wheels fit up.

Also want to install the TTT arms/links but might not get around to this as its my DD for now..

Many more updates to come, thanks!
                '82 Volvo 242 build
                '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Man both the stripes and the circle give the car a crazy awesome look. A 6cyl turbo motor would do it justice IMHO.
                  Awesome car man!

Comment

I'm loving your 240z! I've never even seen one in person before, they are a rare sight in the UK. Yours looks awesome though man, looking forward to updates
                    My '88 Golf GTI - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460

lowered, because it makes the boobies bounce

Comment

I think the stripes and circle both work on their own but not together. I love the stripes because i haven't seen them done that way but I've seen the circle with lettering played up. New paint would change the whole car. 240's are the shit. http://stancewords.stanceworks.netdn...kielanfix.jpeg

Comment

Ya I've just been experimenting so I wanted to try both, although I don't mind it being asymmetrical.

I added another stripe and some lettering on the passenger side.
                        I think it evened it out and it looks a lot like an old fighter plane, which is the look I was going for.
                        My friend taped the lights out with X's which I also think adds to the look.
                        Final touch was another "HLS30" graphic on the ducktail- here's how it came out:

'82 Volvo 242 build
                        '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

I like the dual thinner stripes on the drivers side better. Letters and numbers look good you did it nicely, gave it old school look. I'm digging this.

Comment

Circle on doors would look more better when done sharp not sketchy, if you get what I mean, haha.

Just read the whole thread and I was like "shieeet, not the rotas", until I saw equips. <3
                            Awesome car, man. Looks mean as fuuk!

Comment

Actually it all comes up together nicely. Just the way it is I totally like it. Good work!

Comment

Got the louvers, fender mirrors, and headlight covers mounted.

For the louvers there is a strip of metal the hinges bolt to that slides under the window trim.
                                Got them on without much difficulty, just took a while:

This was the first iteration of the fender mirrors until my friend and I realized they might not have been facing the right way..

But they came out looking pretty nice

Headlight covers were a PITA to get installed since I lost the mounting hardware in the move.
                                Was anticipating removing the headlight buckets so the bumper came off and work began..

That's it for now- might paint it this summer, also have been doing a lot of thinking about motor choice and have recently been thinking carb'd V8 is the way to go, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
                                '82 Volvo 242 build
                                '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Working...
                                X