Engine swapped '73 240z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrian,

Stop making me want Z. So awesome. Louvers (Louvres?) too? Unfair.

Sincerely,

Phil
    My Build:

Comment

Yes! love it! Any plans for paint?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
        Yes! love it! Any plans for paint?
        Yes, once I fix the jacked up front end. The driver front side was hit and so the fender needs to be replaced, and I need to get some new sheet metal where the hood hinge bolts to- right now its bolted to the body lower than the pass. side and thats why the hood looks slanted.

Once I get it prepped for paint I have 2 main contenders in mind. Either one would be even a little darker and almost look black except in the sun, but these are the colors I'd base them off of.

1) Lotus Aubergine Purple

2) Not even sure what color this is, but a very dark maroon

In the mean time (I doubt I'll have it painted by end of summer) I'm focusing on suspension and this package came in the other day..

New LCAs front and rear, and front tension control rods and associated bushings from techno toy tuning

My friend has all of my tools since I'm helping him install a lift kit on his jeep so I'll try to get all that in maybe this weekend- so much to do and so little time.
        '82 Volvo 242 build
        '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

i wand a 240z so bad !!! nice work you are doing, impatient to see the paint job!
          https://www.facebook.com/wideworksauto

Rps13 Wide Works Built -> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42909

Comment

Found this set of wheels for a really good price- and knowing that the equips are temporary I went for it.

They are focus racing by ssr 14x6.5 et-1 they really remind me of the HRE 505's that are on Yuta Akaishi's 240z (the rusted out one with black wheels).

The sizes are pretty lame though so I'm having a pair of them widened at Araya wheels.

I think I'll run my rear equips in the front and these in the rear until I can also get the fronts widened which might be this summer.

Don't want to give away too much but think wide and negative offsets- he says lead time is about 3 months so I should get to mock them up over winter break
            '82 Volvo 242 build
            '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

damn whos that good looking guy on page 1?

the arms looking fucking nice man and good pickup on the wheels. will look tight
              my project at the moment:
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37175

Comment

Rebarreled SSR's

Originally posted by scott.k View Post
                damn whos that good looking guy on page 1?

the arms looking fucking nice man and good pickup on the wheels. will look tight
                Oh just some sucker I tricked into working on my car for free hahaha

Well the guy from Araya Wheels texted me about the wheels and said they are pretty much done- he got them done in less than a month which was very surprising.

The specs I gave him stressed lip size over a specific offset so I'm not sure what the final offset comes out to, but its around -40.

They were 14x6.5 et-1 and now they're 15x11 approx. et-40 with a 6" lip.

Hopefully he can get some better pics before he ships them but I'll be able to unbox them when I'm home for fall break.

'82 Volvo 242 build
                '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Looks good dude !
                  +1 on the dark burgundy
                  this will look trick when you lay some paint
                  You should look at dropping an rb30det
                  Very reliable, all day power, easy 600hp
                  keep up the good work

Comment

wow! nice
                    https://www.instagram.com/phet_fresh/

Comment

Post Wheels on the car !!
                      https://www.facebook.com/wideworksauto

Rps13 Wide Works Built -> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42909

Comment

It's been too long man! Can't wait to see those wheels on, they look phenomenal. Keep it up bud
                        My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                          It's been too long man! Can't wait to see those wheels on, they look phenomenal. Keep it up bud
                          For real- I'll hit you up soon I wanna hear about the Volvo!

I haven't seen Naomi in 3 months and won't be home for another month but I'll have plenty of updates over winter break.

These are just random pictures I wanted to get off my phone so I'm putting them here:

Being on the east coast for college sucks- especially the no car situation so I brought some stuff with me to decorate my room- my mom legit asked why I was packing junk into my bag lol she doesn't understand.

Before summer ended I loaded her up with all the parts for my dads car ('72 240z) like Gnose kit, flares, lenses, fender mirrors, 432 wing, etc. And drove it down to the shop in Santa Clara.

She looks pretty squat in the rear with all the extra weight haha

The shop is putting in a simple 4 point roll bar and new seats. I scored 1 Recaro speed off CL used, for a good price- if I can't find another I might have to buy 1 new. And then I got some cypher auto 4 pt harnesses. They're purple since I think I've settled on a purple theme for the car.

That's all I have for now- winter break can't come fast enough
                          '82 Volvo 242 build
                          '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Parts hoard is looking good man, this thing is going to get seriosuly pampered over winter break haha. I didn't realize you came out to the east coast for school, whereabouts? I haven't seen the Volvo since late August, but I've definitely purchased a thing or two for it.
                            My Build:

Comment

My friend got some better pictures of Naomi since after I lowered her.

Gonna try to get the techno toy arms/links in and also fit the new SSR's in the rear. The wheels got delivered so I'll post some pictures of them up soon. I'm thinking 225/50 on a 15x11" which I've seen a number of people do so I just need to find somewhere that will mount them.
                              Last edited by aprophet13; 03-07-2015, 06:28 PM.
                              '82 Volvo 242 build
                              '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

I love the way the Louvers (Louvres?) look with the age on them, but if you plan on painting this thing up all pretty I guess they should be painted.

Comment

Working...
                                X