Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, lets put a blower on it!... Oh, that didn't go as planned..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
    It's sooooo weird seeing a classic muscle car this dirty....but it's awesome at the same time. Nice looking car and glad to see that you use it!

Hehe, it's a daily driver (When running), and goes in any weather! Though, in the summer, salty roads in the winter would just seize everything :p
    1979 Volvo 245 - "Stålmarken"
    1967 Camaro RS - Murphy's law

Comment

So, yeah..

The motor went in.

'

Would it start? NO. Re-timed the ignition, no go. Changed the distrubutor, got spark, did fire but would not run at idle. Swapped out the cracked intake manifold + new gasket....

IT RUNS!

But... It had a really bad vibration at low rpm, but we thought "what the heck, lets drive too Sweden and see how it goes."

First pit-stop in Sweden, this thing hauls! And used around 26 liters of gasoline after driving 200ish km's. That converts down to 1.3 liters per 10km, not bad.

Everything was fine, untill yesterday. Got stuck in traffic and it started to overheat. So, I drove it to the side of the road too let it cool off and hopped in the 40' Ford. Went back after 4-5 hours, startet her up and drove her too the highway back to the hotell. Aprox 800m from a pull-off spot, It just started to shutter and KABOOM... Sounded like some did fire off a shotgun 1cm from my ear and it just died. Cranked just fine after it stopped, but would not fire, at all. No holes in the block or anything, we were pretty confused.. Pushed it off the highway, locked it up and got wasted at the hotell. A buddy drove 600 km that night and picked it up early this morning. I think the best name for this car is "Murphy's law"...

Comment

This car has been sitting since it ate the last engine. Have now rebuilt the 355 and it's going in within the next weeks! Been busy in the meanwhile turning this rustbucket:

Into this:

Don't mind the height yet, not done!

Comment

Woah, can't believe i missed this! Top work going on here.
          [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
          [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
          Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

since you have the volvo can i have the camaro?

Love both cars
            Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
              Woah, can't believe i missed this! Top work going on here.
              Thanks. Non of these cars will ever be showcar quality, but I find them cool abit "rough" around the edges!

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
              since you have the volvo can i have the camaro?

See more on Know Your Meme

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
              Love both cars
              Thanks!

Comment

Been looking around for wheels for the Camaro, but I just can't make up my mind. Still need to order some shorter springs for the coilovers in the back to level it out.

And I've been doing bodywork on the Volvo. Going bare metal to eliminate all the previous "paint" jobs on misc. parts. Wheelgap from hell, this thing really needs to be slammed.

Comment

Gotten sh*t done this weekend! Engine out and new engine in the Camaro! Started it up and broke in the camshaft and did a testrun. God, I missed the sound of headers scraping along the tarmac. Gave it a bath and blew a collector gasket on the way home, that's roughly it!

Alright, picture time (Didn't bring a real camera, so I shot these with a potato.)

Shorty headers, shorter coilovers in the rear and new wiring is the next things on the list.

Comment

Working...
                  X