Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 ///M3 Vert

So I just bought this piece of junk.

It's a 99, 5-Speed black on black vert, with only 85K miles. Which just happens to be exactly what I've been longing for.

Unfortunately, I think this one might be a little too smashed. I could fix the front end easy enough. Once the frame was straightened, it would all be bolt on. My main concern is of course that rear quarter.

I get bored with cars very easily so I know that if I did end up fixing it up, I would most likely sell it within a few years. So with that in mind, would it be worth putting the money into this car? What will it be worth with a prior-salvage title?

I've been thinking about parting this one out, and then using the money to buy one with a little less damage, or just putting the money from parting it towards something else.

What are these parts even worth? I'm thinking some e30 guy would love to have the motor for a swap or something. And I think I could sell the interior pretty easily, but what else would people even be interested in?

Help me stanceworks! I can't make these decisions on my own. Thank you all for your input!

Chances are if you have to ask, you're not ready.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Don't waste your time or money. Part it out and put the money towards another car.
      2011 Subaru WRX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
        Chances are if you have to ask, you're not ready.
        Nailed it. That's a gonner, which is why they totalled it. If you could fix it easily and still have it be worth something after then the insurance company would have done that because they certainly don't like going around paying off people's cars. Would you rather spend a ton of money to end up having a salvage title or spend the same amount on a car you can drive right now?

Comment

It's not about whether or not I'm "ready" haha. I'm basically trying to figure out if I'm going to get screwed over in the future when I try to sell it. They did total it for a reason, but they also total cars for any old reason.
          If I did put say, $3000 into this car, on top of the 2 I payed for it, I could be rolling around in a pretty nice M3 for only 5 grand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can buy a 5-speed vert with 85K miles and a non shitty grey interior for 5 grand, salvage title or not.

I'm not sure though, and thanks for the feedback

Comment

get a cheap e36 and swap all the good stuff
            lurkin and murkin

Comment

Originally posted by MWyeS View Post
              get a cheap e36 and swap all the good stuff
              That's what I was about to suggest, e36 non-m3's are dirt cheap to buy. Pick up a rust free one, transfer the bits over, and have a lot of fun in it! In theory it shouldn't cost too much to do as you already have the donor car.
              The only setback is that you won't be able to sell it for true m3 money at the end, if the log book states 318is or whatever.
              My '88 Golf GTI - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460

lowered, because it makes the boobies bounce

Comment

Put the running gear in an e30 sedan, part the rest to go towards coilovers, wheels and a nice interior

Comment

The only setback is that you won't be able to sell it for true m3 money at the end, if the log book states 318is or whatever.

Comment

Buy a cheap but good 36 vert, transfer all the bits and bobs, enjoy your car.

Comment

ummm ya about that.. that shits destroyed lol
                      My 95' m3

87' e30 build

Comment

That thing is done for. If you can get it for less than 2k it might be worth parting it out. As far as fixing it? No way.

Comment

I'll probably be making a parting thread soon then, thanks for the feedback everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X