11-1/2 ft of cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-1/2 ft of cab

Well after being stuck with my thunderbird way too long and giving up on it, it finally sold a little while ago and I think went to a good home. Havnt seen someone that excited about one of my cars in a long time.

So while going back and fourth for what seemed like forever on what to get, e28, e30, m3, another mk3 (I had like 15) I finally found something that was more interesting to me on craigslist and more kind of what I was looking for. Just couldn't see owning another European car for a while after taking a long break. Also wanted to stick with something American for a while cuz the v8 is kinda fun.

So here is my 91 chevy extended cab on bags.

5 speed
    350 v8
    no interior other than 2 random seats which one was wrapped in a snuggie cuz it was only foam.

I forgot to take many pics like I should have. It was a good price, and yes the wheels are terrible.

Here is when I first picked it up. Yes the tonneau cover was falling off for the ride home and was duct taped on for a quick fix.

truck 1
    truck 2
    truck 3

The air ride "worked" but had some serious issues. Not sure if they guy was lied to about what was installed, or he just lied to me. I thought at first oh I will just leave it alone and spend the money elsewhere, but after a few days I couldn't take it anymore so I swapped in manual paddle valves which was too slow.

truck 4
    truck 5
    truck 6
    truck 7

Unknown compressors which had no leader lines or filters and were very small (would randomly shut off and come back on, ghetto wiring, old valves which were only front back and handled like crap. supposed to be a 10 gal tank which was no and probably had about 1/2 a gal of rusty water in it.

After we pulled the bed, we hit the junkyard for an interior. Ended up getting everything other than the carpet (going back just couldn't handle being there anymore after fighting with too many bolts) for $40.

truck 8
    truck 9

And one more of just the truck.

truck 10
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

The new air management which was ordered from openroadtuning consisted of the following;

Vu4 Manifold
    Dual 480 compressors
    7 Gal Tank
    Switch box
    Dual Gauges

Takes about 6 min for a full tank fill, so going to swap in a edc soon hopefully. Also sadly, forgot to take any pics during the swap over, actually impressed myself with being kind of clean with the tank mount. Everything under the bed.

Plan to go with eastwood elastiwrap since they are local for a color change, and probably going with older style rally wheels and go for a work truck theme for a while so I can just enjoy it.
    Last edited by hinrichs; 06-18-2014, 12:55 PM.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

yes pls continue.

Comment

I love the body style of the old 400's.. And its a Push-speed! Awesome!

Pity it tern't a dually...

Comment

This is badass, can't wait to see more!
          1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
          1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

This is bad ass, in for more. subbed
            The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
            Originally posted by Dubway5887
            I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

congrats on finally selling the t bird! sorry i never messaged you back about the trade. i kinda forgot haha.

but this looks radical! cant wait to see what you do with this

IG: Nick475

Comment

Well had quite a productive weekend for the most part.

Friday after work went for a drive with my friend to check out some stock rally wheels, nothing special but got a decent deal from a very cool guy. Ended up getting 5 15x8 and 2 15x6. Should have grabbed a few of his beauty rings but didn't think of it at the time cuz he had a cool new beetle mounted on a jeep frame and also a very nice cj7, both of which I forgot to take pics of.

wheel add
                wheels 2

Got home, pulled off the 22s and did a quick mock up and was happy. Wood in the back was a little much but it worked.

mock up

Saturday dropped the "new" wheels off at the local tire place and headed to the junkyard to grab the carpet I left behind and to get a few small things. Ended up not getting the carpet since it was for a 4x4 so It had a large hole where the transfer case shifter would be, so I will have to just buy a new one.

Picked up the wheels and threw them on right away. Went a little big, but it works with my "work truck" theme I am going for. Also with some trimming and exhaust work the front will come down another inch or more.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Finally had enough of the matte paint and took a trip to home depot. Was going to try out eastwoods new Elastiwrap but it is harder to peel over the matte so the paint was a good idea in the end.

Went with the good old rustoleum roller job which I had done before with decent results however I sprayed my beetle instead of rolling it on. We did 2 coats and some touch up with spray and it turned out good enough for me.

paint 1
                  paint 2
                  paint 3
                  paint 4
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I was like "yes, love this truck!" Until you rolled on your paint.... lol
                    J/k man, keep up the nice work!

Comment

With a good amount of wet sanding, a roller paint job can turn out pretty well. My problem with bagged trucks is that they usually take up so much of the bed, it ends up not being usable in the slightest, but it looks like you have some good space back there.

Comment

Is the final color like, a cream/off-white?
                        Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
                          With a good amount of wet sanding, a roller paint job can turn out pretty well. My problem with bagged trucks is that they usually take up so much of the bed, it ends up not being usable in the slightest, but it looks like you have some good space back there.
                          Once I finally build the floor section, I will only loose around 4" if that in the center with the way this was done. Ideally I will get a new bed and make the cut even better than the po did.

Originally posted by CBURKE View Post
                          I was like "yes, love this truck!" Until you rolled on your paint.... lol
                          J/k man, keep up the nice work!
                          spending maybe $30 on it was the reason, Im trying to have a very limited budget and didn't have anywhere to spray it like I did before on a beetle which came out slightly better. If the paint wouldn't have been matte I would have dipped it instead.

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
                          Is the final color like, a cream/off-white?
                          Looks good.
                          Almond is what it technically is.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Well since I love my women with big racks, added this last night. Was quite interesting doing it alone.

rack 1

rack 2

rack 3

blending in well

rack 4
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

i love it!
                              this wasn't featured on speed hunters was it??
                              because one of my backgrounds is exactly this truck, but with black rims
                              Like down to the T.

i want this.
                              BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X