Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having dealt with body shop issues many, many times in my career, I would take the car to the body shop of your choice, ask for a quote, and then ask for that amount back from the original painter. If that amount winds up being a full refund, so be it.

Be prepared not to be friends with this person afterwards, but remember, whether he meant to or not, he is the one that fucked you over by failing to uphold his end of the bargain, not once, but twice. If he's any kind of businessman or any kind of friend, he'll understand how badly he failed you in this instance. If he's neither of those things, then there is no reason to keep him around nor any reason for you to absorb any kind of monetary loss due to his inability to do his damn job.

Comment

• Sorry to hear the problems you've recently had with the paint and bodywork.

All that aside, this is the ONLY Crossfire I've ever liked! It's a quirky car like my Ti, that most ****, but some love. The only thing I would change is the silver pillars, I think that they would look a ton better color matched.
      Check me out on Facebook: Undr8d Empire: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

Check me out on Instagram
      : @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet #Project333ti by @castromotorsport @kingsautobodyshop @excel_motorsports @bimmerheads @mateomotorsports - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1493600

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
        Having dealt with body shop issues many, many times in my career, I would take the car to the body shop of your choice, ask for a quote, and then ask for that amount back from the original painter. If that amount winds up being a full refund, so be it.

Be prepared not to be friends with this person afterwards, but remember, whether he meant to or not, he is the one that fucked you over by failing to uphold his end of the bargain, not once, but twice. If he's any kind of businessman or any kind of friend, he'll understand how badly he failed you in this instance. If he's neither of those things, then there is no reason to keep him around nor any reason for you to absorb any kind of monetary loss due to his inability to do his damn job.
        That's actually exactly what I plan on doing. I have made arrangements to go to another bodyshop tomorrow morning that a friend of mine works at (but unlike the other shop, he simply works there and does not own it). This shop carries a very strong reputation and I have seen some of the work they have done first hand on several of my friend's cars. I am going to see what all work is needed to get the paint job up to par and get a quote. What ever that quote ends up being is what I am likely going to ask for in regards to a refund.

And yeah, that's probably true although I hope that doesn't end up being the case. he's not a super close friend of mine but he's a friend nonetheless and I really hope that we can just settle this like adults. If he elects to take the low road and try to make me seem like the bad guy he'll only be hurting himself. Not to toot my own horn but i'm relatively well known in my local car scene and have alot of friends in the car scene with any and all types of cars. Cars are essentially rolling billboards for the shops that have worked on them so if I am showcasing a poor paintjob people will certainly heed notice to it. I haven't really said much about it publicly (other than here, but this isn't viewed like Facebook/Instagram) and I really don't want it to come to that. It's not my intention to slander someone's business/name but if I comes to that i'll do what I have to do.

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        Sorry to hear the problems you've recently had with the paint and bodywork.

All that aside, this is the ONLY Crossfire I've ever liked! It's a quirky car like my Ti, that most ****, but some love. The only thing I would change is the silver pillars, I think that they would look a ton better color matched.
        Thanks man, I appreciate that. I've always felt that Crossfire's were an overlooked platform oozing with tons of potential. I mean when you really break it down, an SRT-6 is a RWD, supercharged coupe with a leather/suede interior, factory subwoofer, etc etc. On paper it sounds great but I think the Chrysler badge is what made people steer clear of it (despite the fact that the car is 95% Mercedes-Benz). I've always been big into oddities so when it came time for me to start a new project I felt that the SRT-6 fit the bill perfectly. And I love Ti's. A buddy of mine has a M54 swapped Ti with a ginormous turbo on it. I think it makes upwards of 600whp if I have my facts straight. It's slammed on ACS Type-1's too. His IG is @cthoet016 if you're interested in checking it out (if you aren't already familiar with him/his car). As for the silver window trim.....I personally like it. It's unique to Crossfire's and I felt that if I painted it i'd also need to paint my fender strakes and my door handles. I like the silver accents and they tie in well with my wheels.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Oh and here's an obligatory picture to keep the thread skimmers interested.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
            Oh and here's an obligatory picture to keep the thread skimmers interested.
            You know us all to well

Comment

• Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
              You know us all to well
              Lol i'm in sales so I always know my customers.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Alright so....

I contacted the painter/bodyshop with my request. I was very polite/professional in my message and in no way do I feel that the message was malicious or unfair. Ultimately I requested $1,000 back. The paintjob was $2,200 and I felt that asking for $1,000 back was a a decent proposal being as it's just under half of what was paid. I'd rather go with a realistic proposal than to go in guns blazing. He's already responded but I haven't read his message(s) yet since i'm at work and I don't want to be in a pissy mood for the rest of the day should I receive an unfavorable response. I will check to see what he responded with after work tonight.

I also went by another bodyshop yesterday afternoon to get some opinions on the paintjob as well as a quote to redo the car entirely.

Anywho, here are some pictures of some of the more obvious imperfections in the paintjob. Trust me when I say that these are just the tip of the iceberg. There are fish eyes throughout the entire car, areas where they overbuffed it and burned through the clearcoat and several areas where the clearcoat/painted is inconsistent and thus looks wavy. But most of those things are very hard to capture using a cell phone camera, especially since my car is black and reflects everything....lol. I make a few picture collages....if you have any questions as to what you're looking at just let me know and i'll gladly explain.

Last edited by OSSHWA; 06-19-2015, 02:43 PM.
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Can you PM me who painted your car? Would like to avoid this in the future. I know we have a bunch of mutual friends in the area.

Didn't Stefan and Fast Eddies work on/paint Steve's car? Maybe hit Mitch up and see if he is available to paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by pDubs View Post
                    Can you PM me who painted your car? Would like to avoid this in the future. I know we have a bunch of mutual friends in the area.

Didn't Stefan and Fast Eddies work on/paint Steve's car? Maybe hit Mitch up and see if he is available to paint.
                    Will do. And yeah, Fast Eddie's worked on Steve's ZL1 as well as AJ's NSX. And Mitch has been busy wrapping up Carl's custom sheetmetal widebody S2K.
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• this is so sick, love seeing someone go a diff route and kill it! Sorry about the paint man, im sure you will get it squared away
                      Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

• Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
                        this is so sick, love seeing someone go a diff route and kill it! Sorry about the paint man, im sure you will get it squared away
                        Thanks man! And yeah, it'll get sorted in due time. Nothing another wheelbarrow full of money can't fix. Since i'm pretty much at peace with the fact that my paint will just have to be fucked up for this summer's "car season" i'm setting the goal to have it all sorted in time for H20i.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Damn, Wasn't expecting this. I really hope this gets squared away and you get your car back to 100%. I've talked highly of this painter few times, But wow.

Comment

• Love the Car, I Had the same thing happen with my lincoln's paint job/Bodywork that I had a friend do at his work. Basically made the car Scrap and not worth Saving(Warped the roof and messed up quarters which were brand new).
                            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by JASOONIGAN View Post
                              Damn, Wasn't expecting this. I really hope this gets squared away and you get your car back to 100%. I've talked highly of this painter few times, But wow.
                              You and me both man. And yeah, I had never really heard any bad things about him or his work. I've seen a few cars he has painted in person before and they all looked good. I guess he just dropped the ball with my car.

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                              Love the Car, I Had the same thing happen with my lincoln's paint job/Bodywork that I had a friend do at his work. Basically made the car Scrap and not worth Saving(Warped the roof and messed up quarters which were brand new).
                              Yikes, that stinks man. Well thankfully I don't feel as though my car is too far gone. Nothing another $2,000+ can't fix with another refinish. It's a shame because this definitely throws a wrench in my plans for the other parts I had lined up.

On an unrelated note, I cleaned my engine bay up a bit today using Griot's Garage engine bay cleaner & dressing.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Dude the paint turned out horrible man. Definitely push to get at least your $1000 dollars back

Comment

Working...
                                X