Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thom View Post
    I meant after painting it :P

Sucks about the health issues man.. Hope Its not rediculous money and you make a speedy recovery man.
    It'll be ridiculous money regardless - a CT scan, an MRI and a biopsy are all pretty pricey i'm sure. But you can't put a value on health. But I appreciate it man.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• These things are so cool. I've gotten to rip around in a non-srt crossfire and it was super, i can only imagine the way an SRT model handles.
      '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
      '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
      '01 BMW 740iL
      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

• Hope the best for you man.

Comment

• Thanks everyone. So I received good news from my doctor on Friday. The tumors are benign.....so I can let out a sigh of relief now. However, they are still growing and will require surgery sooner rather than later. Probably going to schedule the surgery sometime for early next year.
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Glad youre okay bud. Hospitals suck, hope everything goes smooth and you can get back to modding this bad boy
            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
              Glad youre okay bud. Hospitals suck, hope everything goes smooth and you can get back to modding this bad boy
              Appreciate it man. Hoping to tidy up a few things over the winter since the paintjob is probably out of the question for now. Rear diffusers, European side markers, oil catch can, cat-delete and a coolant isolation kit pretty makes up my "winter build" plan.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• A few updated pictures. My buddy wanted to do a full shoot but we ran out of light and he forgot his flash.....doh!

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Looks like it has a spoiler in that first picture... I like it haha
                  IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                    Looks like it has a spoiler in that first picture... I like it haha
                    Haha yeah I can see it. Looks like a big WRC-style wing.
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Glad to hear your health concerns aren't quite as bad as they otherwise could have been. I know that's one of those "thank God I only lost one arm in that car accident" kind of things to say, but still.

The black looks fantastic, and I feel like returning to it adds an element of seriousness to the car. I'm a little biased, but I do love the idea of a Mercedes black on the car. 197 Obsidian is an awesome color, and as much as I love the impossible inky depth of 040 Black, there are days when I wish mine had that little bit of pearl and flake. Of course, you'll change your mind again by the time you respray anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                        Glad to hear your health concerns aren't quite as bad as they otherwise could have been. I know that's one of those "thank God I only lost one arm in that car accident" kind of things to say, but still.

The black looks fantastic, and I feel like returning to it adds an element of seriousness to the car. I'm a little biased, but I do love the idea of a Mercedes black on the car. 197 Obsidian is an awesome color, and as much as I love the impossible inky depth of 040 Black, there are days when I wish mine had that little bit of pearl and flake. Of course, you'll change your mind again by the time you respray anyway
                        Thanks man. And I agree, the black looks alot classier & more sinister overall. I guess you could say that the plastidip was just "a phase" that I went through.

I love the 040 gloss black but trust me when I say that my paint has seen much better days. These pictures were shot in fading light and this type of lighting hides imperfections better than any others. There is plenty of scratches and heavy oxidation to be found all over this car. I can't justify spending a few grand to have a car resprayed the OEM color. I figure that if you're going to pay that type of money you might as well mix things up and give the car more of a custom touch. Especially when the color you are replacing is something as basic as a plain jane gloss black. With that being said, I love this car in black. That's why I am still leaning towards doing Obsidian Black. It stays true to the car's Benz roots, gives it a custom touch, and the metallic helps to hide scratches and swirl marks that are inevitable on black cars. I may very well change my mind again between now and when the car actually goes in for paint (lol) but after having peeled the dip and rocking the black for the last month or so, i'm pretty confident that I want to keep the car a shade of black afterall.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Have you had a look at all at Subaru 18L Java Black Pearl? You'd lose the whole "keeping it MB" thing, but it's lovely:

Comment

• I like it in black, just looks right to me

Comment

• Looks so good in black! I have seen guys swapping the AMG v8s into these
                              C280 Build Thread
                              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                                Looks so good in black! I have seen guys swapping the AMG v8s into these
                                Yeah, there are a few guys on the Crossfire forums with V8 swaps. As cool as it is, I have no plans or desire to do a V8 swap in mine. It already has 330hp stock - mine has an ECU tune, an intake an an axle-back so it's plenty fast as is......lol.
                                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                                X