Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally starting to make some real progress again.

Next up is a new europlate, fixing my dip, bigger front spacers & rear diffusers.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

i love this so much. Not just because I'm a mopar man but because I've wanted to do this for so long.
      IG: @SRTKR

Comment

Originally posted by srtkr View Post
        i love this so much. Not just because I'm a mopar man but because I've wanted to do this for so long.
        Thanks man.
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
          Haha that's badass man! I'm so torn. I think because of how inexpensive re-dipping your car is that my car will ultimately end up another color eventually regardless. The toss up between the green and that dark gray color is that the green is so classy but the dark gray is so sinsister. I don't know which look I prefer. The green is definitely more unique in my opinion though.
          It won't be nearly as unique and classy in graphite as it is in the green. I vote green. It's not too out there and wild, but definitely one of a kind.
          Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

I second Aitch's opinion. Stay with green!
            on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
              It won't be nearly as unique and classy in graphite as it is in the green. I vote green. It's not too out there and wild, but definitely one of a kind.
              Originally posted by lublub View Post
              I second Aitch's opinion. Stay with green!
              No worries, I have decided to stick with green for now and just have a few of the body panels re-dipped since they are willing to do that for me for free.

I am hoping to have bigger front spacers and my rear diffusers in time for H20i. We'll see how the budget goes!
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Tuner Evolution thinks my car sucks. I'm sure there will be plenty of mostly stock FR-S's, EVO's, WRX's, etc etc bagged on 3-piece wheels to captive the senses though! Lol. #originalityisdead

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Nobody likes Crossfires bruh.
                  Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

Time to make your own carshow. I'll make the flyers.
                    on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Aitch View Post
                      Nobody likes Crossfires bruh.
                      Valid statement.

Originally posted by lublub View Post
                      Time to make your own carshow. I'll make the flyers.
                      Sweet. I'm gonna make a facebook page for the event, make it private and invite on myself and my cat who also has a facebook.

On a serious note........

- I ordered bigger spacers for the front. I'm having Blockstar build me custom brackets that attached between my front bumper and fenders that will make the fenders sit level with the bumper. Currently, after having my front fenders rolled, the fenders do not sit completely flush with the bumper. Even worse, the corners of the bumper make contact with my tires pretty badly under full lock which means once I add the bigger spacers it'll only get worse. So hopefully with the brackets and the new spacers my front will finally be dialed in as well as my rear.

- The dip guys having been flaking HARD. I have been working out of state for the past few weeks and they were supposed to be getting in touch with my roomate (who is good friends with them and originally referred me to them to have my car dipped) to make arrangements for him to drive my car to them to fix the messed up areas. It may or may not be noticeable, but my front bumper, right door/sideskirt and rear bumper all have some pretty rough areas in the dip and they agreed to redo the areas for free - this has been going on since May, still no resolution. The main guy who runs it hasn't been answering any of my texts but I was able to get in touch with the guy who helps him on the side and he said that he would make it happen for me. All I want is for the dip to be touched up long enough to hold me over until I have the car painted which should likely happen within the next 3-6 months.

- That being said, the two colors I have narrowed it down to are Mercedes Benz Northern Lights Violet Metallic & Porsche GT3RS green. Two COMPLETELY different colors, but both of which I think would work extremely well with the car. Just gotta decided between classy and flashy.
                      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• I was tempted to get a cross-fire some what recently. Looks like I should have. You put those wheels on and and holy F*&%$#* $h!#. color is awesome, as is the new color idea, keep up the good work man.
                        l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by drifte View Post
                          I was tempted to get a cross-fire some what recently. Looks like I should have. You put those wheels on and and holy F*&%$#* !#. color is awesome, as is the new color idea, keep up the good work man.
                          Haha thanks man!

I apologize for being so indecesizve on choosing a color. I went through this same debocable two years ago when I painted my Miata. I decided that I wanted something along the lines of an olive green metallic. But i'm very particular on how dark the color should be. Jeep for example offers a pretty awesome olive green metallic for their Wrangler but it's a little brighter than what I was looking for. Anywho I started digging around on Google and stumbled across the exact color I had envisioned in my head.

The color is (appropriately named) "Dark Olive Metallic" . It was a special order Porsche color for 911's and Cayenne's and it's absolutely perfect.

Honestly at this point I am starting to **** my dip. I was debating peeling it off before H20i although my girlfriend is trying to talk me into keeping it through the winter to protect the car from the harsh elements. But now that I have fell in love with a color I am so motivated to save up the $$$ needed to get the ball rolling.

On and on a completely unrelated note, my intercooler pump decided to take a shit. Since my car has a clutch type supercharger, it only engaged when the intercooler pump is on/working. The pump works until it overheats at which point it turns off thus making my supercharger disengage as well. Once it cools down it comes back on. So right now I have an intermittent supercharger. Just lovely. Apparently it's a very widely known/common occuring thing with these cars. I am going to upgrade from the OEM Bosch unit to the more efficient/better flowing Johnson unit. It's just $150 that I didn't want to have to spend right now
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Peeling the dip off this weekend. Gonna rock the black for H20i in all of it's chipping clearcoat, oxidized, scratched up glory

I am forecasting that I will be dropping the car off for paint (full panel-off repsray w/ jams) sometime late November/early December. I also changed my mind on the color again (not going with Porsche Dark Olive Metallic anymore) but I promise that the new color won't disappoint.
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Back in black. Feels good man.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Looks so good in black!

Comment

Working...
                                X