Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    Fuck your sunfire!

Looks great, the new wheels really do add to the uniqueness of it. On their own they aren't all that aesthetically pleasing to me, but on the car they just seem to work with the body lines and contrasting accents like they were designed for it.
    Lol "Chrysler Sunfire" I once had a cop refer to my car as "some fucked up Saturn" while I was at a carwash with a group of friends.

And I appreciate it. I feel the same way. Both the wheels and the car are somewhat unorthodox, but they work extremely well in unison.

Originally posted by cheaptalon View Post
    I love it man! It is great to see something out of the ordinary. I hope someday we can meet up and park our weird cars next to each other at a show. Keep on keepin' on.
    Thanks man. MI is Michigan right? Unless you make the trek to H2Oi or something one year then I'm not so sure I ever see that happening, lol. The furthest I usually drive my car for events is like MD, NC & WV.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• That is the best SRT a ever seen broooo

Comment

• Originally posted by adamc90 View Post
        That is the best SRT a ever seen broooo
        Appreciate it man.

There probably won't be any new updates on the car for a while. I'm moving to my new place this week and need to buy a few misc. pieces of furniture which will cut into my car budget for a bit. I am still planning to at least delete my rear cats and resonator before H2Oi though. Honestly beyond that I don't really have any other major plans for the car. I'd like to someday get some AMG calipers from a C63 AMG and possibly upgrade my factory subwoofers to something with a little bit more bass, but otherwise this car is pretty much a done deal in my eyes. Time to start pinching pennies for a new daily project. I love my beater ('97 Civic HX) but I want something a little bigger with more doors to replace it.
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
          I want something a little bigger with more doors to replace it.
          Or a 4 door Tercel

Comment

• Originally posted by nishy View Post
            Or a 4 door Tercel
            Trust me, I'm considering one. They're just hard to find and the ones I do find are usually super beat up and weren't even remotely taken care of. I have a very broad list of vehicles I'm considering to be my new daily.

I'm trying to keep the new daily under the budget of about $7,500.

Towards the higher end of that budget I'm looking at:

-Subaru Baja's (non-turbo models)
            -Honda Ridgelines
            -Nissan Sentra SE-R / SE-R Spec-V's

Towards the lower end of my budget I'm looking at:

-Volvo S80's
            -Toyota Tercel sedans
            -Toyota Echo sedans
            -Scion xA's
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Ridgeline and Volvo get my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                Ridgeline and Volvo get my vote.
                Yeah I'd love to get a Ridgeline. They look pretty nice, sound good when you throw an intake/exhaust on them, they're practical (4-doors, truck bed, 4WD) and best of all they have that Honda reliability. But they're probably the priciest of all the vehicles I mentioned. I found a few Baja's for considerably cheaper. And yeah the Volvo S80 is super rad, but I fear that I'll end up slamming the piss out of it thus making it a terrible daily....lol.
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Would love to see a tercel. It's got all the quirky 90's japanese car appeal with the practicality of a sedan.

Plus they are dirt cheap, easy to work on, cheap parts, and it weighs less than an NA miata.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• I've decided to have my front bumper/lip resprayed and an going to have a clear-bra installed. Because the lip sits relatively low and has lots of sharp angles to it, it's already gotten pretty beat up by rock chips.
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• So I ended up cracking the paint on my front bumper a few days ago. I usually back into my garage, but my genius self decided to pull in forwards and this is what happened....lol. There's a very shallow dip right before the entrance of the garage and very little room to maneuver/turn. Ultimately this led to me turning the wheels at a pretty sharp angle while going through the dip, causing the tire to grab the corner of my bumper which cracked the paint. But I'm not too upset about it, because as I mentioned above, I was already planning to have the front bumper/lip resprayed. I was quoted $165 for a clear bra so I'm definitely going to go ahead with it.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• No new updates, but here's a good picture someone took at a meet over the weekend.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Such an ugly car stock, looks pretty badass now!

Comment

• this car is exactly what i had in mind when looking for my next project.
                            just curious how cramped the interior is?
                            im 6'3/280 lbs. loving the style, but dont want to get my hopes up if im never going to be able to fit in it properly.
                            we recently had a saturn sky at the shop and having to move it around after some suspension work was a nightmare for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greasy63 View Post
                              Such an ugly car stock, looks pretty badass now!
                              I agree that Crossfire's aren't all that appealing in stock form. I had a plan in mind for mine before even purchasing the car, so thankfully it doesn't look like ass anymore

Originally posted by Shanto View Post
                              this car is exactly what i had in mind when looking for my next project.
                              just curious how cramped the interior is?
                              im 6'3/280 lbs. loving the style, but dont want to get my hopes up if im never going to be able to fit in it properly.
                              we recently had a saturn sky at the shop and having to move it around after some suspension work was a nightmare for me.
                              To be completely honest with you, Crossfire's are NOT tall-people friendly car. The roofline/windshield in this car are worse than my old NB Miata. I'm about 5'9 (5'10 on a good day) and if I were any taller it probably just wouldn't work for me. The roof curves down a lot into the side windows, causing my hat to fall off when I turn my head sideways......lol. I've had a few taller friends ride in the car with me and their knees are practically one with the glovebox. Not trying to deter you from getting a Crossfire, because they're genuinely awesome cars. BUT, I'd honestly say that I can't see a person of your size being comfortable in one. But I'd at least find one to sit in before you nix them off your list of prospects altogether.

If you like the styling of a Crossfire but want more room I'd urge you to check out S2000's. You can always put a Spoon hardtop on one to achieve that "hatchback coupe" look of the Crossfire. I have a few tall friends (over 6'0 tall) that fit just fine in S2K's.
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Couple of updates:

As it turns out, you actually are supposed to wait about 30 days after having your bumper painted before applying a clear-bra. So with that being said, I will actually be having my bumper/lip resprayed after Import Expo DC, and will then be having the clear-bra installed just before leaving for H2Oi.

Additionally, I bought some black ZunSport lower grilles. A while back I had talked about doing their upper and lower grilles, but I wound up having my OEM upper grille painted gloss black and I love how it looks. But the lower grilles still looked pretty beat thanks to me plastidipping them black a while back. I was looking into getting new OEM lower grilles but then remembered that you can buy the ZunSport lower grilles separately, and they're even a few bucks cheaper than the OEM ones. Not to mention they're gloss black and will match my upper grille better, whereas the OEM ones are more of a charcoal color. More pics to come once I have them installed.
                                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                                X