Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually your GF (i'm @akings_heir on IG) LOL Yeah know man, more life happens the less life i have for fun stuff. It seems money comes and goes now and nothing sticks, but bills and debt. Well you car is pretty nice as is, so i can see how you can be content ATM

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
      Actually your GF (i'm @akings_heir on IG) LOL Yeah know man, more life happens the less life i have for fun stuff. It seems money comes and goes now and nothing sticks, but bills and debt. Well you car is pretty nice as is, so i can see how you can be content ATM
      Ah gotcha haha. Yeah about that.........
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• No new updates so to speak. I did however ditch some stickers and put a StanceWorks banner on. It's now parked in the garage until it's time for paint in a month or so. Winter weather is here and I'm trying to keep the miles off since I drove it so much this past summer.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Did you take spacers off the rear? Or is that picture fucking with me?

Either way good to hear about the paint. Still going with an OEM black?
          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
            Did you take spacers off the rear? Or is that picture fucking with me?

Either way good to hear about the paint. Still going with an OEM black?
            Nope, they're still on. Still credit card tight in the rear. And i'm sticking with black, just not the OEM gloss black. Going with Obsidian Black Metallic - an OEM Mercedes Benz color.
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Haven't driven the car in a few weeks because I have it garaged for the winter and my roommate's non-running car is parked behind my garage bay. I figured I'd share a few photos from one of the last times I drove it. New paint is only about a month or two away!

Mind you these photos were DM'd to me on Instagram and I cropped them and uploaded them to my Photobucket so I apologize for the lack of quality/resolution.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Looks great dude. New paint has gotta be exciting. When is the BBK coming?
                Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                  Looks great dude. New paint has gotta be exciting. When is the BBK coming?
                  Yeah i'm pumped on the new paint. It'll be such a subtle change to most but a huge change in my eyes. Asides from the metallic finish the only other thing that'll be vaguely noticeable in "before & after" pictures is that my rear badge will be shaved. It's the little details that count.

As for a BBK.......I wish! I do plan on upgrading the rotors/pads at some point as I have done with damn near every car I have modded......but honestly this car's "mod list" is coming to a screeching halt. I still want to go through with the few little things I have afore mentioned but I really want to start concentrating on spending money elsewhere in life. Paying off debt, saving for a down payment on a house........you know........adult stuff. I just want to get the SRT-6 to a point where i'm happy with it and won't feel the need to keep tinkering with it. I know that's easier said than done, but I feel that after I finish up the paint/exterior it'll be golden.
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Tax return filed & accepted. Next stop..........paint!
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Excited to see the outcome...

Comment

• looks great man. the CF is one of those cars I've always liked for some odd reason. you've done well.

13 5.BRO. 425whp/401wtq.

Comment

• Saw this car at hyperfest. Remember your friend going "Yeah he just bought KW coils a week ago and took the collars out, hes an idiot" hahahah Looks good as hell keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by eloc49 View Post
                            Saw this car at hyperfest. Remember your friend going "Yeah he just bought KW coils a week ago and took the collars out, hes an idiot" hahahah Looks good as hell keep it up!
                            Hahaha yeah. That was the problem with this car - there weren't/aren't any "good" options for going low. At the time, KW was the only compay making a "coilover" system for this car. I'm doing air fingers when I say "coilovers" for the simple fact that this car doesn't have a traditional "coilver over shock" suspension setup. The shocks/springs are seperate from one another on all four corners. My options were either some sort of run of the mill lowering springs (definitely no), bags (hell, i'd rather have the springs....sorry, just not a fan of air), or several different "cup kit" options from the likes of H&R, Vogtland, and a few other misc. companies - all of which lacked any form of height/dampening/rebound adjustability. The KW's were the cloest thing to an adjustable coilover as I could get. Since then Ground Control released a similar setup using Koni shocks & GC springs. It's priced a little lower but I got my KW's at a heavily discounted rate so ultimately I think i'd still rather have my current setup (hell, it's at least a little more baller than the GC's haha). The debate of whether or not it goes lower than the KW's is null and void to me for the simple fact that I can't really go any lower as it is. These cars have very shallow fender wells. The contact path of my tire hits my fender tub under full lock and on small bumps. On big bumps I wind up shooting out a smokescreen......lol. The only way to truly go lower at this point is to step down to a smaller profile tire and/or smaller diamater wheels - neither of which I really want to do at this point. But yeah......my friends were like "So let me get this straight - you bought $2,200.00 coilovers (I paid $1,800.00 :P) that are designed primarily for track use.....and you want to disassemble them and remove the collars/locking rings so you can go lower?" ........yep
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Dropping the car off for paint next Thursday and once it's back i'll be having my resonator deleted and my Needswings oil catch can installed. Slow and steady progress.
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• What a beautiful car. I too am one of those people that secretly always loved the crossfire but never let anyone know cause nobody took em seriously. Great car and all the best going forward!

Comment

Working...
                                X