My first build, a 1983 e23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first build, a 1983 e23

So I got my tax refund in the mail on Thursday and bought this gem yesterday. It's a 1983 BMW 733i e23. Thing is pretty ruff, but I think it has a lot of potential. I haven't even started really going through it yet. This is going to be a slow build as I don't have lots of extra money to dump into it, but I just could not pass this thing up! I mean it's a pretty gangster ride. When I look at it it makes me think of the cocaine business in the 80's as well as rolling around to business meetings and country clubs. One of the previous owners was not very friendly to this car as you can see, but it runs and drives, so hey that's good, right? As far as my plans for it, I want to get it as low as I can on some nice wheels, restore the paint and interior, and just get it running right. That's enough talking for now, here is a video and some pictures of this sled...Let me know what you think!

Here is a quick overview of my 1983 BMW 733i I purchased yesterday for my project car. It needs quite a few things but I've always loved older BMWs so I coul...

Just got it home on the trailer...

As it sits now...

1993 BMW 325i
    2001 BMW 330ci vert
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

get that cardinal interior all redone and minor body work and a thorough cleaning this think would look a million times better.

are you thinking of coilovers or air ride?
    [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
    instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

some inspiration for you:

[IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
      instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
        get that cardinal interior all redone and minor body work and a thorough cleaning this think would look a million times better.

are you thinking of coilovers or air ride?
        I don't think coilovers are made for these cars, the only thing I've found so far is H&R springs, so I may just end up cutting them as bad as that sounds. I have some of the "basic" 16" style 42s from my old e46 in the garage that I plan to throw on there until I have money for something nicer.

The plan for tomorrow is to try and get that thing as clean as possible, like you said it will look 100x better! I'll be sure to post pics after I'm done with that part.

Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
        some inspiration for you:]
        That's exactly where I want this thing to be one day!
        1993 BMW 325i
        2001 BMW 330ci vert

Comment

Always in for a E23, pity the interior is trashed cool that its manual and lowish kms

Yeah no one makes anything to lower these guys, got to make it yourself but few guys here have done it so they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Ill be eager to see how well you can just get it cleaned, looks like abit of a project ahead
          BMW E23 build thread

Comment

I'm currently researching paint restoration methods and products. I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law has a buffer I can borrow so next time I go to his house I'll see if I can borrow it. I'm really hoping this paint can be salvaged! I will keep the thread updated as I progress, thanks for all of the encouragement!
            1993 BMW 325i
            2001 BMW 330ci vert

Comment

I just fixed the turn signals and finally found where the front speakers were located. Hopefully this week I'll have time to install the rear speakers I snagged at the junkyard and install and old head unit I had lying around!
              1993 BMW 325i
              2001 BMW 330ci vert

Comment

Working...
              X