No announcement yet.

1985 Subaru Brat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super jealous of the nice sti drivers seat. I want it something fierce. You look into swapping to XT6 knuckles? Or is it still torsion bar rear?

Comment

still rear torsion bar, not going with xt6 knuckles, just going to wait until the transmission swap then match the axles, knuckles, rotors, and brakes with the transmission year. That will open my options up for coil overs too, which I'm going to weld in a plate in the rear wheel well to attach to and drill out the front to fit the top hats. also its not just the drivers seat, i have both the driver and passenger STI seat, working on custom seat rails right now to place it low enough to work in the brat.

Comment

It's painted to look like a John Deere.

Comment

never saw this before
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

only reason i kno what this is, is cuase its on My Name is Earl

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              never saw this before

originality is key, plus after the first time i saw a brat i saw its potential and have planned to do this.

Comment

The body work and painting is DONE. The Brat looks incredible, i can't stop looking at it. The EJ22T has been successfully pulled from the 1994 legacy touring wagon that's donating to the Brat. Next on the list is to reassemble the engine (auto tranny had to pull the intake) and clean everything meticulously so that baby shines. I also have to reattach the bumpers, grille, roll bar and rear seats plus seat belts to the Brat, unfortunately this won't happen for a couple of weeks because ill be out of town. When i get back the interior will also be finished up, i just have to cut the carpet to fit and paint the interior plastics.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Check out more photos at my Imgur account http://imgur.com/a/NtUbP

Comment

Those rear seats always were my favorite feature of the Brat, are you still using then or not?
                            Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
                              Those rear seats always were my favorite feature of the Brat, are you still using then or not?
                              yes of course, can't forget the seats, i just took these photos immediately after painting was done, I'm going to paint them to match the sti seats in the cab and then put them back in

Comment

Working...
                              X