Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My not so much of a build, RHD AE86 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My not so much of a build, RHD AE86 build.

So I got this RHD Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex from a guy in the military a few months ago, he had to sell it since he was getting stationed back to Japan a few days later and couldn't take it back with him. So my buddy Empyre and I went about an hour away and got the car. It had no heat, it was 16* outside and I had an 85 mile drive ahead of me. The drive went pretty good, shoot forward to the next day and here's the car sitting at home and my dad taking a look at it.

I quickly got rid of this huge old OEM wheel, it was in the way and super worn out

It even had the original manual and insurance booklet that hasn't ever been filled out.

The car was loaded full of all those parts when I got it, full turbo kit, stock wheels and tires, stock struts, other random shit.

The car is pretty solid, there's the usual rust issues for being a 29 year old Toyota, but it's the cleanest of all the other AE86's Ive had so far. The car has some really good stuff done to it, full Megan coilovers, full Poly bushings, Koyo rad, Kaaz 2way LSD, forged internals, supertech valves and springs, HKS High power exhaust, etc... THen he did a few really stupid things, like cut the sunroof roof skin off and put a non sunroof panel on but left all the sunroof interior parts in the car, wired the horn up to a seperate button down by the radio, etc. I've fixed some of the stuff, but haven't had much time to really start working on the sunroof situation. I've been thinking about finding a sunroof skin and putting a sunroof back into the car, but I'm not sure about that yet. Anyways here's a few pictures of the car in various times of my tinkering, I also have an 88 FC RX7 that I'm going to be starting a build thread of my LS1/T56 swap when the time comes to ruin that car haha.

Justin

My buddy Tony giving me the thumbs up of approval for the car.

When the time came to get rid of the old wheel, I went and got an NRG combo deal for the time being until my KEY!S wheel gets here from Jaypan. The NRG adapter is known to not work quite right when it comes to the signal cancelations, so I said screw it and just took the original spots all the way down to the shaft bore lol. It works pretty damn good for what I did, and I could care less about how it looks to be honest.

The most recent pictures of the inside of the car getting it cleaned out so me and a buddy can have some room to go down to FD Atlanta this weekend.

I want this.
    Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.
    Check out my Bowling Pin Shift Knobs!
    My Mighty Max build
    My Honda turd build

Comment

damn this corolla is so clean need to polish up them wheels and more lows

Comment

Thanks Pro-star, I'm actually fixing to lower it a bit more pretty soon and have my wheels redone by my buddy Josh. I'm going to have him redo the faces like they were from the factory (machine face, with black sides) and have new hardware out on.

Justin

Comment

Small update, I went down to FD in Atlanta this past weekend and my distributor oring went out on me and started leaking oil onto the header. It's pretty common with the 4AGE when driving for long periods of time, so I ordered a T3 Dizzy heat shield in silver https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/1...or-heat-shield, a T3 GTC shift knob https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/a...yle-shift-knob and an oring and OEM Toyota Master from Torparts.com.

The other thing I got the was much needed were some new proper lug seat lugnuts for my SSR's, I sprang for the PBM Spline drive gold lug nuts for $100 for 20. I must say I'm super happy with these, and love the machine work and finish on them. While I wait for my stuff from T3 and Torparts to get here, here are a few pictures of my new lug nuts.

Justin

Last edited by bigwhite07; 05-15-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Dan max lugs are cool! I ran a hub for my ruckus by them. Cool car to man!
            Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

That cluster!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
                Dan max lugs are cool! I ran a hub for my ruckus by them. Cool car to man!
                Yeah, this is the first part I've gotten from them, and it won't be the last. Top quality parts for sure!

Justin

Comment

I think I'm in love

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                  Originally posted by nickskater09
                  I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Want

Comment

I love it, dude! 86's are on of my favorites!
                      1993 BMW 325i
                      2001 BMW 330ci vert
                      2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Thanks guys! No updates right now, my car isn't running as I'm rebuilding the dizzy. I still haven't gotten my stuff from T3 due to the fires in California, so I'm just clean stuff up. I did repaint my plug valley cover, and I'll get a couple pictures of that when I get my stuff in.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                        X