No announcement yet.

The old Matt black RA28 celica that's begging for a 1jz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the engine today. It's a Gen3 1GGTE. Plans are to freshen it up, add some bigger injectors, along with some fuel and air management, then turn the boost up just a couple PSI, but nothing crazy. There are plans to later go to a single turbo setup with accustom intake manifold.

When we got it home

Cleaned up with accessories removed

Comment

hot damn
      We're all somebody's daughter

Comment

So we have had shitty weather lately and been deciding what tires to run as 195/60.r15 give too much stretch for our liking. Going for a meaty fitment. Pulled of the manifolds from the 1G. it will need a good clean as it has some crud built up from sitting for a while. Threw a rim on just to get an idea of how it might sit. It needs copious amounts of lowering which will come at some point soon hopefully. Unfortunately we have had some heavy rain and I notices that the boot seal is leaking bad due to some rust spots, so I have begun to tackle them. I'll just grind back to metal, spot weld, and then seal really well. More of that to come later.

Also I'm not sure if there are any other pilots or aviators on here but I went to a hangar opening on the weekend. Guy had some nice stuff. Conquest and a C210 and a sweet heli. no pics of the Kingair unfortunately.

Comment

BEST engine choice. Those things sound so flipping good with a small dia straight through exhaust.
          Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
          Quitters never stance.

Comment

Wow, glad to see a 1g being built here. I would love an exhaust vid when it's all done. The only ones I could find were terribad quality.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I will be sure to upload some vids as soon as it's all done. And they will be good quality

Comment

I have been digging into some of the panels to find any rust that needs attention. These are the worst spots. We will just cut out and weld in some new sheet. shouldn't be hard as they're fairly easy shapes. Also painted the tail light surrounds satin black for fun. Might end up taking off the paint and polishing though. Sorry for bad picture quality

Comment

Had some time today so i put the wheels on. They're running 205/65's all around but it will need something smaller in the front as they look like balloons. I chopped 1 coil out of the rear but haven't gotten to the front yet so its way up in the air. Even the rear looks a bit balooned. The rear guards were slightly rolled but may need some more

And we tested some blue paint on the bonnet but didn't really like it.

Will try cut the front soon, but will eventually convert to adjustable coilovers

Comment

Cut a coil out of the front today. Needs a smaller tyre and some more pulling, then it can go lower.

Comment

Not overly much has happened. Just been working on cleaning the engine. Getting ready to paint the engine now then will do the swap. Decided to leave body work for a while as i have a feeling there will be some cutting, grinding and welding to get in the engine and do a bunch of other modifications. Used gasket stripper to remove the carbon deposits on the head. The CRC stuff says it wont eat alloys so it did a great job on the head. Used a toothbrush and washing machine liquid for the block, and of course a pressure washer on both.

Still sitting in the same spot as last time, just with more dust.

Will hopefully pull the 18r soon

Comment

The front fit isn't doin it for me, are you putting flares on?

Comment

Let's see where this goes, I almost picked one of these up a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by peter_werks View Post
                            The front fit isn't doin it for me, are you putting flares on?

Not putting on flares but will probably drop down to a 15x8 with a 195 in the front to try and bring the wheel a little more inside the guard.

Comment

So got a letter in the mail saying that due to registration being transferred interstate, i will have to take it over the pits to be inspected. Just basically fixing any leaks and cleaning it up a bit. Will take it there all stock to make things nice and easy. Found some dodgies while working on it. Replaced a bunch of wiring and connectors, so she runs smooth now. Just need to pick up new clutch slave tomorrow morning (in 6 hours) and she'll be all ready to go.

Someone had tried to replace the output shaft seal but done a terrible job.

Got a new seal and retainer

The w50 was pretty dirty so gave it a wash

also degreased the engine and gave it the most IDGAF paint job i gave ever done

cleaned up the radiator. Will give it a coat of paint as well

1 of 2 bolts missing. The one in there was not even finger tight.

There was one split pin in the entire steering system and all the ball joint nuts were loose. Steering feels mush better now that its fixed

Also ordered some random stuff for it. Wheel bearings, rubber seals etc.

Comment

Unfortunately this car sat for a long time. Was occasionally worked on, but i got a new job, and my brother has been working away meaning that progress was very slow. The car got sold a few weeks ago, and it killed me to see it go. It was sold to a panel beater, so I'm hoping it's in good hands. Now i just have to figure out what i will do with this spare 1GGTE i have in the shed. Maybe it can go in my E30.

Comment

Working...
                                X