CB650 cafe racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R32SilviaTech View Post
    I love cleaning carbs, as long as they weren't in underwater storage previously. My brother gave me a rack from his 75CB550. I thought I would never get those carbs working again. After many hours cleaning and soaking parts, as well as a carb rebuild kit, and new floats it worked out. Other than needing a sync they fired right up. If you need any advice let me know. Work looks great so far!
    as far as rebuilding carbs it makes me want to die. i rebuilt the carb on one of my vw bugs and it was just annoying and tedious, and that was only 1 haha. i think my friends dad might do it because i think i may just end up wanting to just kill someone if i do it myself.

hopefully i will have this fired up and going in a week or 2
    [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
    instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

ordered some new carbs and they should be here sometime this week! hopefully that all this thing needs...
      [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]

Comment

look what came in the mail:

Comment

needs to rebuild carbs,

buys used carbs that still most likely need to be rebuilt

(bike is looking good good job)

Comment

I can't ride much more than a thumpster but I really want to build a bike when I see stuff like this...
            My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the new carbs might need a quick cleaning. It's really not hard at all. Pop the float bowl covers off, find the pilot jets, flat blade screwdriver usually takes them out, spray or soak in carb cleaner, poke with small wire to verify no obstruction, reinstall, done. Most of the carbs I've seen working on bikes, have just a little bit of crud in the pilot jets, and most need a good carb sync afterwords. I haven't met a bike yet that I couldn't make pur like a kitten with a good cleaning and sync. Have you done the electronic ignition conversion?

Comment

Good stuff man. I've been wanting an old CB Cafe Racer just so I can avoid using my car for short trips around town. This is motivating me.

It's a work in progress^
                Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Originally posted by R32SilviaTech View Post
                  Yeah, it looks like the new carbs might need a quick cleaning. It's really not hard at all. Pop the float bowl covers off, find the pilot jets, flat blade screwdriver usually takes them out, spray or soak in carb cleaner, poke with small wire to verify no obstruction, reinstall, done. Most of the carbs I've seen working on bikes, have just a little bit of crud in the pilot jets, and most need a good carb sync afterwords. I haven't met a bike yet that I couldn't make pur like a kitten with a good cleaning and sync. Have you done the electronic ignition conversion?
                  yeah, i took the floats out, surprisingly everything was really clean and i just quickly went through everything. I'm going to polish the top cap things and throw the on the bike. i can't figure out how to get the throttle cables off the old cars. i think i may be retarded. i haven't tried super hard though it looks really tedious though

Comment

i put the carbs on and the bike started right up and runs better than ever! no pictures as it was dark and i was under a tarp because it is raining and i was on my driveway because there is an e30 being torn apart and enough parts to build 2 more e30s in the garage

Comment

REVIVAL! Unbelivable the difference that removing the long seat and tail light made for your bike, pretty cool change up. Any new pics to throw?

Comment

Working...
                      X