Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uvebeenrobd View Post
    Antenna/amp module.

I like how your taking care of the mechanicals in the process of modding. Welcome to Texas, where abouts in Dallas are you staying? Coffee & Cars at Vintage BMW is this Saturday. You may want to check it out.
    I thought it had something to do with the antenna but wasn't sure.

I love Cars & Coffee...i'll def be there. thanks so much for the heads up.

car can't work properly if the basics aren't taken care of.

I'm actually in Dallas off Preston Oaks road.

i didn't find Vintage BMW but c&c website for dallas says they meet at 6800 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024. is that correct?
    E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

This is cool so far.I love E46 wagons, never seen a white one before
      BMW E34 V8 - Daily
      Merc 190E - Sold
      BMW 635CSi - Project
      Mercedes 190e Build Thread
      Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post

I'm actually in Dallas off Preston Oaks road.

i didn't find Vintage BMW but c&c website for Dallas says they meet at 6800 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024. is that correct?
        That sounds about right.
        IG:uvebeenrobd
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

let the air ride fabrication begin!!!

my goal is to keep all the safety and creature features that came with the car as well as all the storage space a wagon offers.
          Most people like to show off their equipment, i prefer to keep everything hidden while maintaining full function.

if you have any suggestions, i'm sure you'll have no problem with sharing them...lol

Comment

first thing was cutting the threads way down....

didn't need to cut it out for anything to fit so i decided to just keep it this way.

the Accu Air management system

and this is how you hold a wrench with only 1 person...wedge it against something

i originally decided to hide everything on this little shelf, but i eventually scrapped that idea in favor of a more modular system

cutting out mounting holes for the compressors

1 Mounted, 1 to go

the bigger the washer the more stable the mount

both mounted

the new mounting spot

Comment

Next i needed to find a mounting spot for the ECU.
              Decided to have it face up because i like the lettering and the black and gold...lol

wires will be hidden underneath

bye bye circular storage area

this is my first stopping point

my air tank is smiling at me

just a donut as a spare for now but i'll fit a full size in the future.

i decided to buy a pancake tank b/c it fit much better inside the spare tire well without taking up too much space.
              it's still a 5 gallon tank.

i had to stop here b/c i was a few days away from my big move and had to finish packing.
              i'm also a bit intimidated by the wiring and all the air hoses. Not a ton of info supplied by the instruction manual but i'll figure it out.

unfortunately i moved from a large garage with all my tools to an apartment and most of my tools are in storage. Finishing this build is gonna be a challenge but it's only till september. I hope to have everything done by the end of February depending on how cold it stays here.

Comment

looks good
                IG:uvebeenrobd
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

When do the bags go in? I like what youve done with the management install

Comment

Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                    When do the bags go in? I like what youve done with the management install
                    well Keith, i've hit a bit of a wall. (i'll post pics and full explanation soon)

I moved to a new state
                    had to get a new job
                    don't have a garage anymore (apt living sucks)
                    am trying to make new friends with tools
                    sheared off a bolt while trying to remove front suspension so that has set me back quite a bit.

all new suspension parts will be here this week and lines are being run Saturday.

Comment

well Keith, i've hit a bit of a wall. (i'll post pics and full explanation soon)

I moved to a new state
                      had to get a new job
                      don't have a garage anymore (apt living sucks)
                      am trying to make new friends with tools
                      sheared off a bolt while trying to remove front suspension so that has set me back quite a bit.

all new suspension parts will be here this week and lines are being run Saturday.
                      Yeah thats definitely a wall. Sorry to hear that. It will come together though. Finding people that are down to lend a tool or garage shouldnt be too hard hopefully.

Comment

this is my first stopping point
                        I like the way you did your setup! Great job so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                          Yeah thats definitely a wall. Sorry to hear that. It will come together though. Finding people that are down to lend a tool or garage shouldnt be too hard hopefully.
                          i have been very lucky with this move. Dallas has some amazing people that have been very generous and helpful. Joining North Texas Bimmers Club (NTBC) on facebook has made this move so easy.

Working on the car all day today and tomorrow. progress pics to follow

Comment

Originally posted by drosas View Post
                            I like the way you did your setup! Great job so far.
                            thanks! it looks a little different now but essentially the same.

that E28 you're building though...wow

love the stance and those wheels and of course the fact that it's white makes it even better.

Comment

So where's the progress pictures, Austin?

Comment

PROGRESS!!! PROGRESS!!! PROGRESS!!!

so my parts came in and this is how they were packaged

one of the mounting cups for the rear bags was missing so they made me two brand new ones and sent them out asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X