No announcement yet.

Thom's bagged E46 saloon/sedan - Airlift, BBS RF - UK Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know where you are coming from. I always like, on RWD cars, more lip out back. Reinforces you drive a RWD car. Love your plan for spacers and more camber. That is going to be the bee's knees!

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      What's wrong with square? Its still more lip and stuff... and you're running square tires? Just the lips being the same? New lips is a pain and more money though
      i just think staggered set ups are cooler and more valuable during resale also. it has crossed my mind though. the staggered is in no way a performance thing as i used to run staggered set up on my old FWD car too, its just cool imo.

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
      I know where you are coming from. I always like, on RWD cars, more lip out back. Reinforces you drive a RWD car. Love your plan for spacers and more camber. That is going to be the bee's knees!
      had a quick look yesterday and it seems i wont beable to get anymore front camber without some modifications to the top mounts. hopefully get the strut out soon and have a better look at what i have to work with. more front camber would definitely finish this for me i think. theres actually already around 5/6 degrees but the back steals all the attention from it. i wouldnt want equal camber but just a tad more upfront would work i think.
      Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

• ^ I don't know what struts you are using, but I believe you can use E36 M3 (1996 and newer, not 1995) to get some more negative camber if you have stock style struts. The mounting bolts are offset on those top mounts, giving you more negative camber. I know that E36 base top mounts work on E46's, and E36 base and E36 M3 top mounts are interchangeable. Stands to reason you could then use the offset E36 M3 strut mounts on an E46.

Comment

• dude, i love youre car!

Warwagon build

Comment

• Originally posted by lamsv View Post
            ^ I don't know what struts you are using, but I believe you can use E36 M3 (1996 and newer, not 1995) to get some more negative camber if you have stock style struts. The mounting bolts are offset on those top mounts, giving you more negative camber. I know that E36 base top mounts work on E46's, and E36 base and E36 M3 top mounts are interchangeable. Stands to reason you could then use the offset E36 M3 strut mounts on an E46.
            i already have camber adjustable top mounts so unless im misunderstanding what you mean, they wouldnt be any use. There is a tiny bit more adjustment there i just need to see if its enough, if not i should be able to elongate the holes to allow just the last bit i want.

Originally posted by Grimbow View Post
            dude, i love youre car!
            thank you man!
            Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Comment

• Ah. I see. You already got camber plates. Yeah. May have to modify those plates by elongating the holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thooooom View Post
                as promised..

its amazing the difference the wider wheels and camber arms have made. i've had so many nice comments over the last few days and have been blown away by the amount of people who noticed the new fitment. really pleased.

Doode.... Love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• so i got pulled over yesterday and told the cars illegal and to go home and not drive until its sorted. they were super unclear on why it was illegal (as far as im aware, its not) so kinda in 2 minds what to do about it now. do i leave it and keep driving and get pulled again probably or or do i change it? it was right near my house so they'll definitely see me again.

bit crappy really. also the clutch is on its last legs, struggling to get into gears due to worn release bearing. to be fair its been wining like crazy since i bought the car on 146k and its now on 170,000 miles.

sad update really. so heres some more cool photos

Comment

• Damn dude feels! Had to sell my bagged E30 because they're illegal here...
                    Hope you get it sorted soon!

Comment

• I'm pretty confident the 30mm rule applies to the top of the wheel anyway, how does the car sit when it's bagged up btw? Maybe you can bluff them by raising it when the rozzers are around

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperClass View Post
                        Damn dude feels! Had to sell my bagged E30 because they're illegal here...
                        Hope you get it sorted soon!
                        the thing is i dont think its illegal, its just very different to everything else the police see so they just assume. I told them what i believed the laws around wheel protrusion are and why my car complied with them. they were unable to tell me if the laws i stated were correct as they were unsure themselves.

it was pretty much a case of 'we think that looks wrong, so go sort it out' and when i said i dont think it is wrong they said well we still think it is. so im kinda stumped on what to do to be honest. its a very grey area in terms of tyre stretch, wheel poke, camber, tyre contact etc.

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                        I'm pretty confident the 30mm rule applies to the top of the wheel anyway, how does the car sit when it's bagged up btw? Maybe you can bluff them by raising it when the rozzers are around
                        i've found the exact law on the government legislation website.it doesnt state if its the top or the bottom, i assume because on 99.99999% of cars the top and the bottom of the wheel are at the same point width wise. i need to measure how far out the bottom of the wheel sits in comparison to the top of the arch.

Comment

• Yeah I know what you mean. The same reason I got pulled over because they were arguing about whether or not my camber was illegal and whether the wheels stuck outside of the guards because the bottom was cambered out. Just unlucky that they found the bags while arguing about that.

Comment

• man you guys have it so good over there when it comes to police attention...

...if they pulled you over in that over here you'd be put into an electric chair as you watch your car being crushed by a compactor
                            Like a glove

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperClass View Post
                              Yeah I know what you mean. The same reason I got pulled over because they were arguing about whether or not my camber was illegal and whether the wheels stuck outside of the guards because the bottom was cambered out. Just unlucky that they found the bags while arguing about that.
                              that sounds like the exact same situation as me, arguing whether the wheel can stick out at the bottom if it sits flush with the arch at the top or not. still unsure to be honest.

so is air suspension completely illegal there ?!

Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                              man you guys have it so good over there when it comes to police attention...

...if they pulled you over in that over here you'd be put into an electric chair as you watch your car being crushed by a compactor
                              hah, i get it good to be honest, i live in a relatively nice town, never had any issues until now, but its pretty rare that a UK car runs camber like this, i know of maybe 2 or 3 other cars in the country with this much, most 'stanced' cars over here dont run camber at all.

i'm kind of not suprised they pulled me over really, this is how it looks from the rear.

Comment

• Dang the booty game is to strong with this car.

Now I want an e46 dang flabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                X