w123 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w123 Wagon

So this is what I bought last summer. It is a 1980 230TE so its a gas four cylinder with a four speed manual. I've been meaning to make it a thread for some time now.

The day I picked it up

The interior

Trunk shot

2.3 liters of gasoline powered fury

So I knew it had some rust when I bought it. Armed with this knowledge I set out to cut out the small amount of rust I thought was there...

But ended up finding some more

And more...

Which lead to some cutting

And fitting

And this is where I topped taking pictures. As of now the floors are welded in and partially seam sealed. I'll finish the rest when the weather gets better. Short term I want to cut the springs and slap on a set of BBS reps (too broke for real ones) and clean up the interior.
    Last edited by john31ss; 01-14-2014, 05:15 PM.

Well this is starting to catch on rather quickly lol.

Nice job snagging a euro model!

I had BBS reps on mine until I sold the wheels in august. 17x8 and 17x9 Privat Remembers.
    1981 300TD 4 speed
    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
    , on Flickr
    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Great Find! Shame about the floor pans, but the exterior, interior and engine bay look better than decent! Looking forward to seeing some results. Best of luck!
      ||| mkv GTI - RIP || 69' w114 || 97' e36 328i |||

Comment

You should find better wheels.
        Deals are all over the place. Just be creative.

Other than that, stoked on more w123s.
        IG: ossiep

Comment

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
          Well this is starting to catch on rather quickly lol.

Nice job snagging a euro model!

I had BBS reps on mine until I sold the wheels in august. 17x8 and 17x9 Privat Remembers.
          Thanks. I've watching your build thread since I got my wagon and to be honest I may steal a few things (inner yellow lights). How did you lower the rear with the SLS?

Originally posted by Bronzit View Post
          You should find better wheels.
          Deals are all over the place. Just be creative.

Other than that, stoked on more w123s.
          I'm open to cost effective wheel suggestions. At the end of the day this is not my main project so this doesn't have the funding of my Pontiac.
          Last edited by john31ss; 01-14-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

If you look underneath the car at the rear sway bar, on the drivers side there is a control valve thing hooked up to it via a rod, simply adjust the rod length while the car is idling to adjust the rear end height.
            1981 300TD 4 speed
            2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
            , on Flickr
            IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

this is the cleanest rustiest car i have ever seen. good job tackling the rust. what a sweet car! i cant wait to see what you do

IG: Nick475

Comment

Here's a little inspiration for ya, a 1980 MB 300TD with a GM 5.7 V8 CONVERSION.

Its just need Stance ......

1971 Mercedes W114 250C - Ivory / Cognac
                1993 500E - 040 / 271 - Porsche Type 2758

Comment

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
                  Here's a little inspiration for ya, a 1980 MB 300TD with a GM 5.7 V8 CONVERSION.

I was looking at that the other day. Looks hideous with all the trim deleted. The owner should ether put the trim back on, or not reproduce.
                  1981 300TD 4 speed
                  2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                  , on Flickr
                  IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Originally posted by KarlC View Post

Long term I'm planning on swapping a sbf and a t5 into this. I've got some of the legwork done, this summer I may get a foam block and start with the motor mounts. Thats assuming I finish my Lemans.

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
                    I was looking at that the other day. Looks hideous with all the trim deleted. The owner should ether put the trim back on, or not reproduce.
                    That really does make a difference.

Comment

Lolololololol Johns on stanceworks..
                      Originally posted by JC.
                      'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
                        Lolololololol Johns on stanceworks..
                        Hey buddy
                        Last edited by john31ss; 01-15-2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

So I figured I'd post up a picture of one of my other rides.

Its a 1970 Pontiac Lemans. It still has the Pontiac 350 in it with the turbo 350 trans. Currently is sits a bit lower than this picture being it has been treated to the full protourinig treatment. The suspension is all UMI and it rides on Viking Coil-Overs on the front. I'm finishing up on this car for now so I will have more time and cash to devote to the wagon.

Comment

I picked this up last night. I'll see how it looks on the car when I get back the Jersey.

Comment

Rust repairs are wrapping up, I'll post pictures later.

As far as wheels, give me some ideas. I am leaning towards BBS RS reps but open to other ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X