• Show
Clear All

• A rusty old bmw.. who woulda thought

Hello

First off ill introduce myself, Im Daniel and i live in Canada

I have owned many cars

First e30, First car i bought

1984 Rabbit Gti

Very rusty e21 that me and my friends bought from a wreckers for one dollar, caught fire in a field as we where tying to be rally car drivers...

1999 e46 328i had this car for the longest

Jdm Sw20 ( didnt like the JDM thing, sold this pretty quick )

A cleanish 325is ( Someone offered me way too much money so i sold that quick too)

I had leased a truck, i needed something that could do the winter up here a little easier, but i was missing something, a little piece of me...

And then comes this thing

1975 BMW 2002 originally inka orange

This Buthole had two cars, one was said to be a parts car and the other was said to be "Professionaly Restored"

Well shit..

Thats the rear floor and yes.... That is a patch panel that someone screwed in over the rust

And it doesn't just stop there, but thats okay. Thats why we work on these cars right...

I bought wheels before anything (before even picking up the car)

XXR CCW reps 15x7,

I like much so

Bought this local As Well, Sounds nice

I wish I had taken more pictures before, Oh wellsy

I wanted to start this thread to kinda track my progress and see peoples imput/ideas

As i make more progress ill be sure to take more pictures with my potato

I have a real Camera i swear,but the battery charger is playing hide and seek, so the shitay cellphone/instagram pictures will have to do,

More to come soon
    Last edited by YEG_E46; 01-09-2014, 02:18 AM.

looks like you have a little bit of work tp do on those floors. I already like where this is going

From ashy to classy BMW 2002 content

Comment

Small Update

Went to the wreckers yesterday, it was -28... But it was totally worth it

Tenzo racing seats, I found a pair of them in an old eg. Really good condition, One has a small cig burn in the crotch area, but i can sow so i stitched it up nice like

Best part was, they where 60 bucks for the pair....

Also if anyone on here needs 2002 parts,
      i have accesses to buddys parts car when ever i want, im taking the break calipers and front fenders but anything else is free game,
      he also has boxes upon boxes of parts in his garage (pedal boxes, interior, wheels etc) just lemme know

Comment

Not a fan of reps but they look acceptable until you can get real wheels. Can't wait to see more progress!
        Volvo Build Thread
        Bmw Build Thread
        Toyota Build Thread
        zanebonk instagram
        Tumblrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
          Not a fan of reps but they look acceptable until you can get real wheels. Can't wait to see more progress!
          I know what you mean, I dont either but they where too good to pass up. Im looking for a set of old enkei's but the search has been futile

Comment

If you are looking for enkei's don't look in my thread hahaha, love guys saving 02's. That wheel is damn nice. Can't wait to see the progress!
            My '66 C10 Build
            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
              Ditto, would like to see this complete

Comment

What about the mustang on the right? Any love for her? #shotsfired

Comment

Originally posted by M0HNKE View Post
                  What about the mustang on the right? Any love for her? #shotsfired
                  Oh lots of love for her, 66 Gt with a factory 289, pictures will now be posted

Comment

Ask and you may receive

Sorry for potato camera again and shitty photos, will take better ones soon

Comment

What type of wheels does your buddy have? Looks like a lot of work ahead but worth it! Sub'ed.
                      http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Looks good! I can't wait for more updates!

Comment

Small Update

My Girlfriend has been bugging me to buy her a car. Shes Always supported me with what ever i was doing, so i thought i would be worlds best boyfriend and find a car for her. She can drive manual (hot) and she always loved my BMWs. So i went on a search to find her one. I hopped on the kijijis and found this little Gem in Calgary AB. 4 hour drive. I called up the owner because it sounded a little too good to be true, but sure enough he existed and we headed down there the next morning.

We left at 6 in the morning and headed down there. I didnt tell her what we where looking at, i think she thought it was a e46 or something, Boy was she wrong

The e30 checked out good, We threw our dollar dollar bills at the owner ( Original owner, he was like 100 ), Went to Canadian tire, Grabbed some wiper blades and a bettery, And headed home.

The car looks promising. No rust on the quarters, rockers or floors, Solid running 4 banger. Its manual and rwd. Who doesnt love that....Right....

Well fine miss grumpy pants. Next day i washed it up, Tinted the headlights and threw a radio in it. She doesnt wanna drive it until i can swap the seats out, and fix the cold start issue, i guess its understandable. But if she wont drive it, i will.

Car runs really well. The original owner left it in his garage for like a million years, so everything was kinda arthritisy (not a word). Once i started driving it though, It shook off the cob webs and started driving like an original old bmw should, Half way acceptable.

Not too many plans for this but make it idiot proof for her and throw some rims and tires on it so it looks acceptable. More to come on this.

Comment

So Little progress made on the 02 last couple of weeks

I was at home and i saw the UPS truck pull up...
                            More fuk yeah here

The lovely man left me a nice present

Hmmm whats inside

ITS A FLOOR, I got the drivers floor panel because it was the worst for ware, and thats the floor im most worried about... (screw passengers)

It was really nice here in Edmonton for January (+1) so i decided i would start the little bastard and Hoon around the block with no floors

Sat on a milk crate, perching my calfs on the trans tunnel to insure my feet wouldnt get caught on the snow (no floor remember) and rip my legs off ( would not be fun)

It was good times, motivates you to get shit done so you can ride in it on a daily basis

Ran like a top, didnt skip a beat, I was pretty suprised, seeing as it has sat for about 5 years. Fresh gas and checked the fluid of course. One more question for you guys doooe

Do these look like aftermarket long tubes to you guys? first time i noticed them

They looked too nice to come from factory..

A proper update will intail soon i promise....with a real camera lol

for now

More sexy here

Comment

I like where this is going. I want a 2002 so bad
                              Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X