Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 M535i from Finland - The project that got out of hand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the real deal! You are playing were most of us would be too scared to touch! Well, at least I would

Just swallowed all these 7 pages.

Keep it up, it's simply amazing!
    '82 BMW E21 316 1.8

Comment

• Incredible work

Comment

• Thanks, very much!

-----------------------------------------------------
        Few pics..

Return line for turbo water circulation and part of finished engine loom:

Coil pack in its place, still need to make mounting/cooling plate for the ignition amplifier. I think that i might need to patch up few heat shields for the manifolts before taking this on the streets..

Wheel studs:

Water circulation pipes for the turbos (f*cked up one of them, rubber hose too close to down pipe. need to remake it):

Right kind of trigger sensor, finally:

-Timo
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• I always enjoy builds like this. that exhaust is real nice, great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
            In the pictures the top bolt doesn't look aligned with the cast mark on the head itself . Did you happen to turn the motor over by had a few times and not put it back to TDC on a spin around ? Just checkin lol , I just did this on my car so its still fresh in my head lol
            Checked the timing yesterday, it was spot on!

Originally posted by fastcrs View Post
            I always enjoy builds like this. that exhaust is real nice, great job!
            Thank you sir!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Adjusted the valve clearance yesterday and double checked them today, bolted the valve cover back on.

On sunday i made a OEM-inspired exhaust hanger from end of the transmission to pipes. Painted it today.
            Few pics:

Got a new phone, so hopefully the pics are going to be better quality from here on. Although i'm still behind the "lens", so i wouldnt hold my breath..

-Timo
            Last edited by cossie; 01-13-2015, 04:58 PM.

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Ill just leave this here:

Also dropped the sunroof in its place.
              There is something wrong with the adjustment. Sunroofs rear edge lifts up fine, but the sunroof doesnt want to slide backwards.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Damn them seats look fine and comfy!
                sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
                Slowtoys CC

Comment

• Damn good work man Can't wait to see it finished. When do you think its ready to start up?
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                  Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by herrakani View Post
                    Damn them seats look fine and comfy!
                    They are comfty!!
                    Originally posted by Zic View Post
                    Damn good work man Can't wait to see it finished. When do you think its ready to start up?
                    Thanks!

Hopefully early february. Im going on a skiing holiday for the next week, the next goal after the holiday is to get the car running.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Went for a holiday to Dolomites, Italy:

Got back a week ago and have been at the garage few evenings/days after that..

Agenda for this weekend, mocking up the boost pipes.
                      Mounted the bumper and started routing the pipes, not too much room for the pipes:

From cooler through the battery tray:

..and to the throttle body:

From turbos to the cooler:

Next up is mock up the rear turbo intake pipe and finish modifying the original air filter box. Its going to house filter for the front turbo.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Little progress again..
                        Intake pipe for rear turbo mocked up from turbo to back of the bumpers right corner. Need to get the cone filter to do the finishing touches to the pipe.

Continued modifying the original air filter box:

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Just have to say, awesome work!

Keep on going..

Comment

• this is unreal the quality of this build

Comment

• Thanks again!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Some goods:

Boost and intake pipes mocked up, most of the seams still to be done. Plus 2" pipes need beads made:

Air filter box got its lower mounting points, also made a bracket for boost solenoid on the side of the box. I think i need to add some kind of wire mesh to the intake opening.

Planning on getting the pipes electro plated before painting them black. Worried about them rusting on the inside surfaces..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Had to clean up the inner surfaces of front wings (as the whole undercarriage has already been painted).
                                So fabricated a stand for the wings (outer surfaces are already painted), cleaned out the rust prevention goo, sprayed new stone chip coating and painted the damn things during weekend:

Forgot to take a pic after painting..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Working...
                                X