Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 M535i from Finland - The project that got out of hand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks again!
    --------------------------------------

Fall has started to depress me as usual and the project takes the hit also.. Trying still to get something done.

Got the exhaust properly fitted and welded:

I'm going to paint the down pipes with Black Satin up to the flex pipes, hopefully this somewhat shields the floor from heat. Also have to apply some heat shielding material to floor above down pipes and to fuel tank side next to rear silencer.

Got a new throttle position sensor (straight from China), made a adapter for it:

-Timo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Little progress again..

Sandblasted and painted down pipes with Black Satin:

Started engine electrics:

Also washed the safety belts..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Epic...

Comment

• love that you moved the throttle body to the opposite side of the intake. looks so much better.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

• Been working on the wiring. Got the burgular alarm installed and continued with engine wiring harness.
            Pics taken with sh*tty phone, sorry!

Haltech mounted in place of original ECU

Have to add few wires to engine harness parallell with Haltec for cars original harness. Car harness - engine harness connector layout (descriptions of wires in finnish):

Butcher two BMW engine wiring harnesses (E30 and E34, also sourced firewall grommet from E30 harness) for couple of feet of right color wires:

Assembled the center console. I think that you cant see the gauges from drivers seat, well atleast rear seat passengers have something to watch! Sorry about the bad pic:

Threw on the lights for the hell of it:

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Engine loom almost ready, needs only connectors to be added:

A friend came by the garage and took few pics:

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Wow. This is amazing. Subbed!
                SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

• What did you paint the exhaust with exactly?
                  I had my tuned length headers ceramic coated in bright silver and then painted the last half of them before the cat with exhaust paint?? I don't remember the temp range, the highest I could buy. Heated up and peeled/burnt right off within a few weeks. All the paint is gone now, right back 1.5m+ from the heads? Ceramic coating is the way to go, can get it in black too which I should have done.
                  My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Originally posted by cossie View Post
                    Assembled the long block:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Timo
                    Someone correct me if im wrong .. But It looks to me like your timing may me off a tooth or two . I believe the top bolt of the cam gear lines up with the indicator mark on the head correct ? Was this done on purpose to advance timing ?
                    Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                    My E28 Build

Comment

• Great build sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                        What did you paint the exhaust with exactly?
                        I had my tuned length headers ceramic coated in bright silver and then painted the last half of them before the cat with exhaust paint?? I don't remember the temp range, the highest I could buy. Heated up and peeled/burnt right off within a few weeks. All the paint is gone now, right back 1.5m+ from the heads? Ceramic coating is the way to go, can get it in black too which I should have done.
                        The paint is Techline Black Satin. It's a ceramic coating:

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
                        Someone correct me if im wrong .. But It looks to me like your timing may me off a tooth or two . I believe the top bolt of the cam gear lines up with the indicator mark on the head correct ? Was this done on purpose to advance timing ?
                        Hmm.. dunno. I followed these instructions:

Originally posted by reiernumans View Post
                        Wow. This is amazing. Subbed!
                        Originally posted by epearce View Post
                        Great build sir!
                        Thanks again!

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Hard work mate, I can't wait for the finish, hehe. Keep up the good work!
                          CARZ TUNING

Comment

• In the pictures the top bolt doesn't look aligned with the cast mark on the head itself . Did you happen to turn the motor over by had a few times and not put it back to TDC on a spin around ? Just checkin lol , I just did this on my car so its still fresh in my head lol
                            Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                            My E28 Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuning Geek View Post
                              Hard work mate, I can't wait for the finish, hehe. Keep up the good work!
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
                              In the pictures the top bolt doesn't look aligned with the cast mark on the head itself . Did you happen to turn the motor over by had a few times and not put it back to TDC on a spin around ? Just checkin lol , I just did this on my car so its still fresh in my head lol
                              Hmm.. Cant remember if i turned the engine over between timing it and taking those photos (this was about six months ago)..
                              Propably yes. hopefully

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Little update, no pics tho:

-Engine wiring loom done
                                -New engine trigger sensor picked up (third one)
                                -all kinds of brackets made
                                -turbo oil feed lines made and installed
                                -connectors soldered to turbo water circulation pipes, still need to bend the pipes
                                -exhaust installed
                                -65mm wheel studs installed
                                -bought material for the boost pipes

Space is getting very tight on the exhaust side, but i think i'll get everything to fit.

I'll post pics when i get something noticeable done..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Working...
                                X