Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowest ricer around

This will be boring as hell

I am Andrei from Romania , i'm 20 years old and I drive a 97 Civic hatch . I always wanted a Honda but it seemed almost impossible to have one since they weren't too many around in Romania 2 years ago and my budget was pretty low . Anyway I found this freshly imported from Germany in pretty good condition , little bit of rust on the rear right fender , rear bumper fucked up and other small things that didn't really matter for me at that time .

The car is a eudm version , it's called ej9 and it has the smallest engine that you can find on this things - a d14a3 with a whooping 75hp

When I first got her :

Then started documenting about making more power because I knew it had potential even though it's just a small 1400 cc engine .
    Found this on wikipedia : "The D14A3 and D14A4 ( 90hp) engines are identical, the difference is only one small gasket under the throttle body in D14A3 which restricts the air intake of the engine, this happen in some European countries."
    Changed the gasket and felt some improvement

Then some slammage happened

On some cheap second hand coilovers LOL

This shit is on a tight budget since i'm a student . Will post more more pics when I'll find them

Decent start. Welcome.

Comment

Wow a d14, I didn't know they made that small of an engine into these cars. Any plans to swap it? Looks like it's in good shape. Looking forward to what you do with it.
      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome guys , I am not sure if i'll swap it or not because the engine is in perfect condition .

First mods after coilovers :
        - bought some lightweight 14x6 ATS rims that I painted white and some 195/60 Kumho's
        - diy grill
        - jdm window visors
        - a front lip from a Renault Laguna
        - stripped the interior
        - c-pillar bar
        - buddy club spec 2 replica exhaust

The exhaust was loud as hell :
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4dz-3qDQ8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUPzLmTy8ma40gv6GvMnKweA"]Custom Buddy Club Spec 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

New wheels look great!
          1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
          1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Those are sold

Some of the rims I had :

Borbet Type B Limited Edition 15x7 , ET35 wrapped in 195/45 Pirelli's P7

BBS 15x6 , some cheap 195/50's

ATS multispoke 15x7 , 195/50 Yokohama Parada spec 2

Comment

Hi again , I'm back with some updates , first of all I had some bodywork and paint done so the car is looking pretty clean now and I changed the rims again , bought some oem VTI SIR rims ( JDM AS F*CK ) and wrapped them in some new Michellins .

Then I bought some EVO 8 MR Recaro seats , and a Sebring axle back , a pretty rare part nowadays and sounds dope !

And a CTR lip that is a replica and it fits like shit ... but what you can expect from ebay
              Paid 100 dollars for it because the shipping was more expensive then the part itself LOL and I had been waiting for 2 months to receive it

And I almost forgot , here is a pic of the car and how she stands now ( too bad she was dirty as hell ) .

Comment

Like the lip man

Comment

Originally posted by dopetastic View Post
                  I didn't knew that Domo Kun is welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
                    I didn't knew that Domo Kun is welsh.
                    I guess is not the best picture that describes the JDM scene ha ?

Comment

Nice hatchback! You should most definitely swap the motor!
                      on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

D16 Vtec head will basically fit straight on and should make good gains, and it'll be vtec y0! and its easier than pulling the engine/box etc.

Comment

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/cityme.htm Not sure how avalible these parts will be where you are.

Comment

I allready got a d16z6 Intake manifold on mine and a wrapped 4-1 header , maybe I'll build this little d14 , i'm not sure yet . Thanks for the info i'm pretty familiar with dodo upgrades website

Comment

Rolling shot

Comment

Working...
                              X