No announcement yet.

E53 X5 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The police dont like loud x5's lol got a loud muffler ticket. My argument in courtis going to be "I'm not paying a loud muffler ticket because i don't have a muffler" lol!

Edit: anybody know any good products to treat black trim for my ride? Its very gray and dull.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylenatolix5 View Post
      The police dont like loud x5's lol got a loud muffler ticket. My argument in courtis going to be "I'm not paying a loud muffler ticket because i don't have a muffler" lol!

Edit: anybody know any good products to treat black trim for my ride? Its very gray and dull.
      lmfaooo damn dude that sucks!! and I use the Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer and wax on all of my trim and it works like a champ and keeps it black and glossy without being all greasy and shiz.
      Howd you do the rack delete and whered you get your plate bulbs? Looking good brochacho!!
      Last edited by SoLOwX3; 12-30-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Plate bulbs are off ebay, got em for like 10 bucks. Roof rack delete i just removed the racks and mounting hard ware. Than went to home depot and got a few 5/8ths metal hole plugs and painted them. Got ssome silicone and popped them in and let them dry

Comment

Originally posted by Kylenatolix5 View Post
          Plate bulbs are off ebay, got em for like 10 bucks. Roof rack delete i just removed the racks and mounting hard ware. Than went to home depot and got a few 5/8ths metal hole plugs and painted them. Got ssome silicone and popped them in and let them dry
          That part was understood, what I'm needing to know is how did you get to the hardware to remove it. Im going to order the plates to do the delete but I have no idea how to get to them. Do you have to remove the headliner and relocate the airbag?

Comment

You sir are in the right direction.

I would defo say don't go for the black roof. Keep it classy.

And get some wider wheels in the back. I'm running 10's from an x5 on the rear of my z4 with loads of room to spare!

Comment

Our roof racks must be set up differently. Mine had torx bolts holding the racks to the mounting hardware(torx bolts were hidden under rubber flap) . The mounting hardware was secured on by 10 mm bolts. I just removed everything and weather sealed with silicone

Comment

Whats your ideas on these wheels? they are corvette z06 wheels I believe.

Comment

could be interesting

what size?

Comment

Originally posted by Kucharz View Post
                    could be interesting

what size?
                    19x 10's front and 20x 12's in the rear. I can get 20x10s for the front at an extra cost.

EDIT: I think they look sporty, but keep in mind these are not very concave. keep in mind also this is my daily driver. I have plans for a project car after i get this close to where I want it.

Comment

20" in X5 is also good for the daily car

Sizes You wrote would be look very nice on e53

Comment

Got this in the mail a while back...

Decided to take these out..

made it look like this..

and this..

heres one that shows that there is still more wheel gap for me to eliminate, and my friends a4 is in the back..

photo 20140309_224407.jpg

little comparison picture i put together

but what it really comes down to is am I satisfied? with the coil over yes completely. Now I want to go lower than coil over can go so I'm trying to plan something out with an autopilotv2 and uas bags
                        Last edited by Kylenatolix5; 03-26-2014, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Decided to go with a square set up of 20x10.5 with a lip of 4" et 35 so I can rotate tires as needed. I'm going to a stretch tire solely for clearance of the front fender because it's going to be a tight fit with the offset. Also got Helper springs to go lower in the rear. Should turn out pretty sweet. Hopefully it will be done to drive to show N go on 27th

Comment

cant wait to see this, looking great so far

IG: @fuxxo_works_garage
                            YT: TheFuxxoWorksGarage

my build thread: E63 650i Airride
                            my build thread: E34 520i Touring

Comment

Stanced Xs are the tits!
                              1993 BMW 325i
                              2001 BMW 330ci vert
                              2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Dang seeing more and more Stanced SUVs pooping up

I love it man keep up the good work

Subbed

Comment

Working...
                                X