Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streetkarnage
    replied
    thanks dude.. Yea shipping sucked man cost more then the wheels haha.. just email Bill at DRW he will be able to sort you out on a price!!

Leave a comment:

• tavlife
    replied
    sick wagon bro, makes me regret selling my old 240, howd you go about shipping for the wheels?

im looking at a set of 16x10's for my 740 wagon(havent decided on the colour yet) and some decent stretch

now the dollars pretty much even might be a good time to get em

Leave a comment:

• Streetkarnage
    replied
    Cheers man!!

Leave a comment:

• MadMax
    replied
    Such a Sick Car

Leave a comment:

• Oxer
    replied
    Badass dude!

Leave a comment:

• Streetkarnage
    replied
    Bored and can't sleep haha so though I would do a little update.

I havnt done to much on the car as I still need to get an engine crane but I have got both motors completly ready to come out and also purchased some parts

But on the planing side of things I have been busy.. While the car is off the road for the engine swap I have decided on doing a revamp of the exterior.. Not going to revel every thing but it will Include a wheel change.

Here is a little teaser of what is to come..

Leave a comment:

• fivefourzero
    replied
    lose the visor imho, but I love this car besides that, volvo wags are so cool

Leave a comment:

• Streetkarnage
    replied
    Cheers man.. I'm sick off it as a daily but it should be fun as a weekend/track car and now i get to build another daily haha

Not really common.. i know of one 240 wagon in the states that did it before i did and then there is a maroon now silver sedan that is rocking it in the states!! I'm quite sure I'm the only one is aus

not a perfect fit it has to sit about 6"s off the firewall to clear the cross-member.. but just new custom engine mounts, gearbox mounts, tail-shaft, cooler, radiator, and then wiring.. just the same as any transplant

Leave a comment:

• jared1988
    replied
    glad u decieded to keep it. does anyone else think its crazy they volvo 240 has the same engine as the nissan 240 (180 really but u know...)? is it like a perfect fit in there? is a common swap for volvos?

Leave a comment:

• Streetkarnage
    replied
    Cheers guys..

I went through a ruff patch with the car and decided to sell it.. then after a week and so much time wasted from buyers stuffing me around, i decided to keep it and scrap my other projec that was a volvo 240 sr20det and fit all the parts i have for that into the wagon

so thats where I'm at at the moment..

oh and also the suspension i had for my other will be going into the wagon..

meaning
    coilover for the fronts
    sway bars (40mm rear)
    stiff rear shocks
    strut brace
    also still needing a few other items to finish it off

cant wait till its back on the road

Ill try keep this updated as possible, as i have through the build but check my blog just in case

haha so much love for the antenna.. it a coat hanger that i hammered into the shape of a <3

Leave a comment:

• Vegas13
    Guest replied
    omfg man. i missed this thing.

the attenea idea is rad did you use a break line bender?

love the visor too

Leave a comment:

• dav3design
    replied
    Awesome car - awesome thread!

Leave a comment:

• Curt_pnw
    replied
    I like where this is going with the SR swap. Post up progress!

Leave a comment:

• schroedin
    replied
    The antenna is sick haha

Leave a comment:

• jared1988
    replied
    Got some stuff done on the wagon yesterday, but thanks to the shitty weather I didn't get as much as i would like done...

The motor is ready to come out apart from the mounts and tailshaft.

As you probably have worked out by now, the wagon is getting treated to an sr20det transplant that i had fitted into my Volvo 240 sedan.

Another thing i got around to do, was fitting my side skirts that i had on my sedan.. I'm really not sure if i like them on the wagon yet.
    from blog caz were too lazy to check it haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X