No announcement yet.

The Ruination of A Once Fine 'Cedes - W124 Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beauty S124, found you on insta. I have your cars older sibling.

I almost bought a black on black '95 S124, but the guy had no records on the wiring harness replacement, and it needed new bumpers front and rear. Kinda wish I would have bought it seeing yours.
    1981 300TD 4 speed
    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
    , on Flickr
    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Instagram- Williammk1

Comment

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
        Beauty S124, found you on insta. I have your cars older sibling.

I almost bought a black on black '95 S124, but the guy had no records on the wiring harness replacement, and it needed new bumpers front and rear. Kinda wish I would have bought it seeing yours.
        You should've done it! And I hope I don't need to do a harness anytime soon, Mercedes made the harnesses on these years with 'eco friendly' material so they're all starting to break down and expose wire now... I'm going to cut into my loom soon and do some investigating, if it's bad I'm going to pull it and rewrap the whole harness. I don't have a grand to drop on a pile of new Mercedes wires.

Originally posted by Williammk1 View Post
        IG/TWITTER @alloydhiggins

sigpic

Comment

this wagon tho!!!!!!!! lookin good the benzo community is growin!
          Instagram: @e36_saam

Comment

This is proper. What are your plans after this?

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

this is great but when are you going to lower it

Comment

Originally posted by same46 View Post
                this wagon tho!!!!!!!! lookin good the benzo community is growin!
                Thanks man! Seems like I jumped in the benzworld as it took off, so many merc builds popping up.

Originally posted by keenan View Post
                This is proper. What are your plans after this?
                Realistically get it running 100%, then rear camber arms and eventually some rad oldschool Japanese wheels. I want the car to be a culmination of every automotive influence I've had over the years.

Originally posted by willshaffer View Post
                this is great but when are you going to lower it
                You first!

sigpic

Comment

Looks so clean, I am jealous of that black interior. I am trying to find a POS wagon with black interior to part out and do a swap.
                  sigpic
                  instagram: chompsticks

Comment

update plox

Comment

This is clean bro, I know all about the cops in JAX lol watch out for the unmarked! If you want to I have a group of guys that cruises around on Saturdays. PM me if you wanna roll out here!
                      Youtube- Transamplaya7
                      Instag/Twitter- @AngelloCollins

Comment

Nice work

Mercedes Mania (  ̄ c ̄)y▂ξ

Comment

UPDATE

It's been a while, a lot has happened, but not really in the way of progress.
                          Once I got 'phase one' of the car done I was pretty content, just dailying it and loving every second of it.

Just fucking around doing dumb car kid things.

Then one night the unthinkable happened. It was a sunday night around midnight and I was bored so I went to cruise around and take pictures. And as I backed out to leave school some dumb drunk girl couldn't see my car "because it's so low and black" and backed straight into my rear driver quarter at like 20 mph trying to get to a spot.. She crushed the tailight and the trim around it and totally buckled the quarter.

Luckily she was super reasonable about the whole thing and agreed to pay to fix everything. So the next day we went to a shop I was recommended to here in Jax called Elite Custom auto body. It's owned by this dude named Stefan who does amazing work. The second he looked at it he noticed it had been repaired poorly before but agreed to fix it all. He quoted us $1300 and I dropped the car off that day.

When I bought the car it had what I thought to be a small rust bubble in the quarter that turned out to be a huge patch of rust that went from the middle of the quarter all the way into the door jam. Whoever 'fixed' the car the first time covered the whole quarter in bondo and rust spread because it wasn't sealed properly..

Stefan cut it all out and replaced it with fresh metal, fixed the damage, and resprayed more than he originally said he would while sticking to his original quote. The results were stellar. I was blown away.

The quarter that's been hit and fixed twice is now the best looking part of my car!
                          I couldn't have done it and stayed in budget if it weren't for my homie Jef out in Texas giving me an amazing deal on taillights so a big thank you to him as well. AND I finally got my new OVP relay in from canada so hopefully the car runs half as good as it looks now I'll hopefully be ordering my rear camber arms soon so update to come when those come in.
                          Til next time, Thanks guys.

OH and somewhere during this whole period I decided that low is indeed a lifestyle.

Last edited by Youngthugga; 03-17-2014, 11:22 PM.

sigpic

Comment

That's mint man. You can't even tell its been repaired. Dude is good at what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngthugga View Post

Holy jesus that is some dedication!
                              Awesome car dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X