From Ashy to Classy BMW 2002 Content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Ashy to Classy BMW 2002 Content.

A couple months ago I picked up a 1972 bmw 2002 for cheap. Still being in school and all, I never thought I would be owning two cars. Before I came across the 2002, I owned a 2001 golf which I sold because school was starting soon and I needed something that would get me to school and back without an oil trail behind me. As I needed an oem height daily, I picked up a 2003 Jetta GlI and about three weeks latter I got my hands-on the 2002.

Couple pictures of the Golf:

Not me in the picture if you were wondering.

The new daily:

And now the pictures you actually want to see. These are a couple pictures I found on the friends Facebook when I heard it would be up for grabs.

So I drove the car all summer and I absolutely love it. [URL=http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/kowalczykjonathan/media/20130819-DSC_3253_zps06c482c4.jpg.html][/URL
    ]

Took it to a couple of meets during the summer.

Now plans for the car are simple get it to kiss the pavement. Coil sleeves are ordered and should be in this week, as for wheels I think I will start the season on a set of xxr 002 that I will buy of my friend for cheap. Depending on my budget and how much work I get done to the car before the spring I might put in a new set of rings and gaskets just to get the 40 year old m10 to stop smoking. I have already started to work on the car but, there is another project getting in the way of the bmw, my garage. I have to put up the drywall and get it cleaned up before I can start tearing the car apart. There are many updates to come in the next few days.
    Last edited by Polska; 12-15-2013, 10:37 PM.

From ashy to classy BMW 2002 content

A lot of potential. The wheels on it look 10x better then any xxr. DON'T GET XXR

DO NOT GET XXR
    Volvo Build Thread
    Bmw Build Thread
    Toyota Build Thread
    zanebonk instagram
    Tumblrrrr

Comment

WHY would you take those off for XXRs lol what you have is 1000times better
      Mazda 3 and Ford Bantam (XR3i Ute) // 2011 Mazda 3 SP25 Sport

Comment

lookin fresh, dig the wheels
        '83 Porsche 944 build

Comment

No xxr!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
          Originally posted by nickskater09
          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Beautiful 2002. But yeah, don't do the xxr thing.

Comment

I want to change the wheels because they are two different sizes. The rears are 14" and the front are 15"

Comment

this is what it would look like on the xxr's

if I do buy the wheels off my friend they won't be staying red.
                Last edited by Polska; 12-16-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Get new wheels sure. Do not buy xxr. Some widened steelies or enkei apache would be cheap and would look great. Or spend the time to find some nice old wheels that just need a paint/polish.
                  Volvo Build Thread
                  Bmw Build Thread
                  Toyota Build Thread
                  zanebonk instagram
                  Tumblrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
                    Get new wheels sure. Do not buy xxr. Some widened steelies or enkei apache would be cheap and would look great. Or spend the time to find some nice old wheels that just need a paint/polish.
                    This. Don't put xxr's on a bmw... its not a Honda.
                    My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

I agree. Definitely avoid XXR's on an '02. I would probably go the widened steelies route or just put the 15's in the back and the 14's up front because that makes more sense. Get some new tires and you'd be set.
                      I just rolled on a set of E30 bottle caps until I saved up enough for some decent wheels.
                      Originally posted by BigBody
                      If it doesn't look good low, it was ugly as shit in the first place.

Comment

I know that xxr's aren't really the best choice for the car but, they will have to do for now. I am planing on getting watanabe rs once I have a little more cash in my pockets.

Comment

Alright, moving on from my horrible wheel choice. Summer was slowly coming to an end when I found a surprise under the back seat.

When I found out that the floors / subframe mount needed work, the car was stripped.

The car sat stripped in the driveway for a couple of weeks, until room was made in the garage. Once inside, the angle grinder was token out and started cutting and grinding.

After the rotten sheet metal was cut out it looked like this.

Then got to work on rebuilding the subframe mount. I am aware that my fab and welding skills aren't the best.

New floors welded in.

This is only some of the rust that was laying underneath the car after cutting out the old floors.

After the floors were completed, they were painted. I know best color choice

and this is how she sits now when I pull her out of the garage to put up drywall in there
                          Last edited by Polska; 12-17-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

im not a fan of the gold grills and all but other then that i love it!
                            E36 Bonnie

Comment

Originally posted by royalife View Post
                              im not a fan of the gold grills and all but other then that i love it!
                              All the gold is going to be chromed or painted silver.

Comment

Working...
                              X