X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '65 VW Bus

Hello there.

It's been a while since I last came on.
    I ended up trading it for a RHD '65 VW bus, with original Devon Interior.

Here's my old Ghia:

The Ghia was very much a case of buying something basically done; I swapped the tyre combinations and changed the wheels briefly; everything else I did with it was restoration work nothing really stance related.
    The standard wheels I briefly had it on:

The new bus is something I'm a lot more actively involved in, which is great. I never really felt I could put much of a stamp on the Ghia as I bought it thinking it was perfect.

The bus has a fair old way to go before I'll be happy with it; which means I get to enjoy messing around with it a lot

When I got the bus, it looked like this:

It was already lowered a fair bit from standard; running a 2" narrowed and adjustable front beam, with standard spindles up front and straight axled with adjustable spring plates out back.
    To me the stance didn't look right though; too high, not tucking enough of anything.

I decided to sell my old E30 BMW 318i Touring as I couldn't afford to run 2 cars and rent a flat at the time. Coincidentally the same week I sold it, a drum to drum 4" narrowed and adjustable beam, with dropped spindles came up at a good price.
    I jumped at it, naturally.

The following weekend it was me and a friend spannering away on his driveway, swapping the suspension over; lots of fun.
    Well worth it though, as the extra 2" of tuck on the front beam meant that the wheels were now tucked into the highest part of the wheel arch so I could go even lower

That's how it sits now, after having adjusted the back down to suit.
    Plans are to get rid of the steering box which hangs really low, change it for a steering rack, tub the arches, notch the chassis and get it a few inches lower

Very cool! Looking forward to the next round of lows

Comment

Ive always had a sweet spot for these! Nice
      Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

sweet ghia. cant wait to see what you do with the bus

IG: Nick475

Comment

Badass bus! Next vehicle hopefully.
          http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

The things I would do to own one of these
            Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

God that Ghia looks good. I'm sure you can turn the bus into something crazy

Comment

Cheers guys; yea I cannot wait for the next round of lows.
                I'm tucking tyre all round, so it's not like it's high as is; but I wanna have my wheels tucked up past the lip at least.

Comment

Your bus is cool! What plans are in the pipeline after you've got it low?
                  My '88 Golf GTI - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460

lowered, because it makes the boobies bounce

Comment

I love these buses. Definitely in for updates
                    My Accord Build

Instagram: @puzzlemaster94

Comment

wickedddd

Comment

I'm a bit more happy with the stance now, the rear wheels were far too lost in the arch before and the tyre sizes were all wrong.

So, instead of 4.5" fronts, and 5.5" rears, I'm now running 6" fronts and 7" rear genuine Porsche wheels.

Last edited by JSM Graphics; 03-16-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Awesome bus! Really jealous haha... Got any plans for it you still want to do?
                          Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

love the vw bus

Comment

how many inches is that front beam narrowed? it's sitting really nice.
                              MB w108
                              Vimeo

Comment

Working...
                              X