No announcement yet.

Just another 1303s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold off the engine today, thankfully. So more money in my pocket to save for the correct engine setup.
    Need to find a GC8 WRX half cut that I can take everything out of that is necessary for the build.

It's funny what some people think about project cars. Get a project car, but not allowed to work on it as much you want. I don't understand some people one bit.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Great progress so far man. One quick thing, most pans already have provisions for the rear crossmember so you can section the old one off of the chassis. This goes for the front as well. There are a few spot welds and then a seam on the pan holding them on.

Stick with MIG for the pan halves, all thats needed are plug welds every 2 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftouch View Post
        Great progress so far man. One quick thing, most pans already have provisions for the rear crossmember so you can section the old one off of the chassis. This goes for the front as well. There are a few spot welds and then a seam on the pan holding them on.

Stick with MIG for the pan halves, all thats needed are plug welds every 2 inches.

Thanks for that man! I was aware, but didn't want to cut anymore until the pan halves had arrived. Hopefully they arrive later this week.

I'll be purchasing a MIG as soon as I can sell the TIG and will just be using that. I know how to MIG so should be simple enough.

Finally someone adding to this other than me!
        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
        there there.

Comment

Everyone loves a little teaser of what's to come.

I haven't given anything away yet as to what my wheel setup was going to be, but I will most likely be running a set of RS'. Well, two sets, one for dailying and one for shows.

IMG_0534 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

I figured I'd see what the RS' off the Subaru would look like just positioned where they would probably sit for real.

IMG_0533 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

And a that ass photo.

IMG_0532 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

I may have organised a half cut today, but need to save some more cash before I can even consider it. Hopefully I can find something that will be perfect for what I need and then I can continue along with the build. The pan halves should arrive some time next week.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

Pan halves arrived today here in Adelaide, but wasn't home to sign for them so hopefully they get delivered on Monday.

Hopefully can get my hands on the brake setup from Zelda. Then I can actually see what the RS' sit like with the current offsets etc.

Keen is an understatement.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

Great work Seb, keep it up, really enjoying watching you work on this. Personally I'd go for a MIG for the type of work you want to do, and as an added bonus they're easy to learn for noobs like us. I haven't really seen anyone do body work with a TIG, and for the pans and other stuff like that a MIG will be much easier and do the same job.

Comment

This, this, this! Sooo good.

I wish they made wider sheet metal fenders, you can only get glass.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                  Great work Seb, keep it up, really enjoying watching you work on this. Personally I'd go for a MIG for the type of work you want to do, and as an added bonus they're easy to learn for noobs like us. I haven't really seen anyone do body work with a TIG, and for the pans and other stuff like that a MIG will be much easier and do the same job.
                  I've seen some crazy, concours level restorations that have had TIG'd bodywork. But that's a whole 'nother deal

Original parts, new parts editions, and accessories for your classic Porsche vehicle. Extensive service offers and expertise on site. We take care of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                    Thanks Anth!

I could easily go and grab a MIG and start welding, which is what I want to do. But then I found out someone I know has a TIG and swears by it. So going to head around to his next Saturday and then start learning!

Originally posted by Leftouch View Post
                    This, this, this! Sooo good.

I wish they made wider sheet metal fenders, you can only get glass.
                    http://chircoestore.com/rear-fenders...ider-pair.html
                    Aha cheers man!

I'll be making my own widened fenders out of metal. It isn't difficult and is a very common thing done on drag bugs.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

So, my pan halves rocked up today so I was over the moon. I spent a couple of hours outside so that was great. Was cleaning up the tunnel a bit more and then I got a little carried away on the body.

IMG_0623 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

So I got it back to bare metal while hunting for rust. Didn't find any thankfully and then sealed it all with galv.

IMG_0627 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

And here are the pan halves.

IMG_0629 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

So excited. Going to keep the standard seat rails but just adapt the ones on the bottom of the current seats I have to use them with some Bride's I reckon.

Might spend some time this week rubbing back the rear guards so I can see how much I need to widen them. Also sorted out my brake setup for the moment, purchasing the setup I had on Zelda back. Exciting times ahead.
                      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                      there there.

Comment

Can TIG weld now. Is happy. Now to finish Gretl.

Does need sleep though. But tomorrow will work on her hopefully.
                        Will hopefully get some more cutting discs, tungstens and then keep welding.

Need to purchase some clamps etc too. Until then.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

Got out into the garage tonight after work and spent some time laying some practice TIG welds on some cut offs.

IMG_0635 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Pretty happy with how I went all things considered.

IMG_0637 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Got good penetration and yeah, was fun to finally lay some welds with my welder. Could be better but getting the hang of it now.

Need to get some filler rod and some sheet metal, then it is all systems go.
                          Going to try and pick some up tomorrow night after work but we will see what happens.

Picking up parts for the Subaru tomorrow night too.
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

So, I spent a bit cleaning up the tunnel. Now the majority of the previous pan is gone, need a chisel to get the rest of it.

IMG_0668 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0666 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Then today I moved on to the body. Finally grew some balls and cut out the rust in the C pillar, to find more rust.

IMG_0659 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Replacement panel compared to cut out panel. Measure twice, cut once.

IMG_0660 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0655 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Now I can get rid of the foam of death a bit more with this nice little access hole I have made.

IMG_0658 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0656 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0665 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Still need to pick up some filler rod and some sheet metal. Then I can repair all this rust in the rear of Gretl and move on to the front.
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

Spent some time out on Gretl this morning/afternoon. Went out this morning to get some filler road and a cold chisel to get the rest of the old pan halves off the tunnel.

Cleaned up the foam of death in the body some more.

IMG_0669 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Then got on to some welding. Decided I'd get the passenger pan tacked in and run some welds to strengthen it all up. One at the front and one at the rear.

IMG_0671 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0672 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Then coated them with some galv. Still need to weld them in properly, maybe tomorrow or during the week some time.

IMG_0673 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0674 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Then I figured I'd start cleaning up the front framehorn. Removed the bulkhead thingy, and got it all back to bare metal. The majority of it anyway. Then coated in galv.

IMG_0675 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0678 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

After I took those photos I was not happy with my progress for the day so spent some more time cleaning up the front framehorn. I didn't get any photos, but the next step is to remove all the brake lines and the front suspension entirely. Then I can clean up the whole lot, including where the control arms bolt on.

Might start ordering front suspension setup to get it rolling properly.
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

The New 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG

The New 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG: Ultimately, the very first formal pictures with the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG possess appeared on the Internet. The automobile is predicted to make its public introduction at the New York Automobile Show therefore more information about this should adhere to later this week. Right now, the automobile made an appearance on screen wearing a carved AMG body kit having a set of metal wheels right after in the same theme.

More reviews on Cars Route.

Comment

Working...
                                X