lowlife VR6 supercharged build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowlife VR6 supercharged build

Hi im new here and wanted to share my slow yet steady build. The one thing i cant change is its a 5 door anyway here are some pics to get the ball rolling
    New motor set up custom short runner intake with custom pipe work. Z engineering ZR2 blower with custom machined pulley and new internals.
    full stainless exhaust system inc 6 branch manifold
    I have just bought a set of KW koni coilovers from a mk2 golf that i have refurbished these are to be fitted soon, These should allow me to go lower and shim the rears out to 2deg camber. the engine has been raised and the chassis notched

Before as a standard set-up

After/during super charger build set-up

I designed a tail pipe to replace the Miltek oval pipe. This will replace the rear silencer plate and pipe
    Last edited by lowlifevr6; 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM.

short runner intakes look a lot better than the stock ones
    1984 BMW 745i - 1949 Plymouth Business Coupe
    I always know when im hitting boost because i can start to feel the springs of the seat in my back

Comment

this thing is serious business I like it.
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Looks great! I actually love the fact it's a 5 door. Whereabouts in the UK are you from?

Comment

That's one clean golf

Comment

short runner intakes look a lot better than the stock ones

Comment

Cheers guys for the kind words, much appreciated
              I'm based near Manchester. Had i had a choice i would have gone for a 3 door, but this old girl needed saving as its previous owners had not looked after her very well. I felt it my duty to bring another VW back from the brink lol
              I have have done a lot of cosmetic work over the last year to get it back to something like new. New paint in "magic black pearl met" then had it detailed and paint corrected to give it that silky smooth finish
              I always like to maintain the factory look or try to create a look that maybe vw would have done.
              The interior is standard heated leather but i pulled all the stereo gear out and swapped out the wheel for a cab 3.5 wheel and fitted a mk4 golf gear knob. Again to bring it up to date a bit. I will replace the rear view mirror for an audi A1 oval mirror at some point.
              some pics of the painting:

Deleted the washer jets

Roof Aerial gone

An old pic before paint after a quick polish

Random pic of the new blower pulley

The bottom 6" of both front arches (fenders) were non existent thanks to some serious rust. So a friend at the paint shop worked his magic and rebuilt the bottoms using another pair of old wings that were rusty elsewhere. very happy with the result.

Shiny shiny after detailing and paint correction. Paint is peely but it was until recently used as my daily driver. so i didnt want to get crazy with the paint correction.

And this is the new color i'm going for on the wheel baskets timeless classic, black and gold combo

Thats all for now folks will add more pics when i have my blower back from the engineers
              Last edited by lowlifevr6; 11-19-2013, 04:26 AM.

Comment

was it a vr6 already?

nice work tho
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Hi yeah VR6 "highline" from factory

cheers

Comment

Niceeee, 4 doors for more whores.

Comment

Ha ha yeah man

Comment

Very cool! What are your goals?

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Looks great dude!
                          Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

thanks guys for the comments. My goal, well to Finnish the engine build and get the charger fitted and running again. fit the new coilovers and get it sitting right with some more camber. Re powder coat the the wheels gold and fit my new stainless wheels bolts to the dishes. I want to then concentrate on getting the front seats re died black and treated. Then im going to delete the passenger wing mirror and try and find a projektzewo mirror for the drivers side. Then after all that i will sell it on :-) Then finish my mk1 rabbit 7 years in the making lol then sell that and buy a mk2 rally rabbit :-)e

Comment

Lowlifevr6......the pulley you posted a pic of where do you get it and how much...I have one and teeth are wron how many teeth are on it and what's the pitch I no mine is 5mm

Comment

Working...
                              X