X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so much quality!!
    Hipstagram tberardinucci

Comment

• I love this build. I love you. I love 190's. I love m50's. Aaaaaaand I would love it if when you get her running you post a video of the exhaust!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Thanks guys, videos will come when its done.. takes time but i really hope i get it running upcoming summer..
        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
        Now: MB W211 320cdi
        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

• Wiring continues...

Testing rig... had todo some before hand testing to get the timer relays work as intended (20min shutoff delay on ecu and PDM) (to control fans with ecu ...)

This set contains 100% all the power needed in the car. actually 1 extra power as well(just in case)

And the system + wiring harness on its rightful place:

Comment

• Hmmmm spaghetti
            Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG
            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfqm5BMe_Is"]Stack ST700 on W201 cluster - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVyHSaAdqM"]Racepak smartwire + W201 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• hmmmmm organized spaghetti
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Steady progress... good to see!
                  Random question - is there any particular reason you are labelling your wiring loom in English?

Comment

• Originally posted by sdistc View Post
                    Steady progress... good to see!
                    Random question - is there any particular reason you are labelling your wiring loom in English?
                    Makes it more global, also as the ecu software + pdm software are in english, seems more logical using only one language, also some part names is easier like wiper motor compared to finnish

Comment

• Wait is that twisted wiring your harness? Won't twisting the signal wires and sensor feedback nullify all of the wires signals as a whole? I may be mistaken or read it wrong but I thought twisting wires like that with opposing current generated a magnetic field which would interrupt all of the sensor feedback signals?

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                        Wait is that twisted wiring your harness? Won't twisting the signal wires and sensor feedback nullify all of the wires signals as a whole? I may be mistaken or read it wrong but I thought twisting wires like that with opposing current generated a magnetic field which would interrupt all of the sensor feedback signals?
                        12V system shouldn't create magnetic field, also doing twisting like this is motorsport standard of wiring, it should take out possible interference.

Alot more can be found in here:
                        Raychem, Race-Spec, Spec 55, motorsports wiring, service loop, service loop tools, stainless looping tools,electronics, parallel twist wires, Deutsch DTM, wiring harness, Alumel, Chromel, harness wire diameter calculator, modular wire rack, 22759/32, Thermocouple, service loops, RB Racing, mil-spec wiring, Visio, harness Diagram, DR-25, Deutsch Autosport, Deutsch DTM, crimping tools, Rennsteig, Kapton, Resintech RT125, circuit breakers, rotary map switch, rotary position switch, MIL-W-22759/16, MIL-W-22759/32, Hellermann, Renvale

Comment

• Huh! Awesome thanks for that link, really good read and great info there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exami View Post
                            Makes it more global, also as the ecu software + pdm software are in english, seems more logical using only one language, also some part names is easier like wiper motor compared to finnish
                            Logical reasoning
                            I am, of course, biased with which is "easier".. but sometimes things seem very confusingly used in Finnish - for example, "tinaus" (not lyijyys) when referring to body-leading
                            Maassa maan tavalla

Comment

• Time for another update..

I got my missing bits for clutch.. (release bearing)

And with that cut here instruction:

After that, made some measurements... turns out its nogo.. not the first step backwards on this project...

Well that being said.. onto new way to deal with the issue, hydraulic release bearing from tilton.. and for that i need some way to mount it.. and here we go again..

Piece of 8mm thich aluminium..

And boom, now missing the new release bearing ^o)

And one extra shot

And then we continue...

Ext manifold came back from coating:

Aaaand the new flywheel is here..

So.. i had issue that gearbox main shaft wont reach the stock bearing on crank..

so.. I started with mounting of the flywheel..

Then milled spacer for the bearing..

Then mounted the bearing

Torqued the flywheel(100nm), redlocktite (weak one)

And then the clutch, clutch not yet torqued but mounted and ready to be torqued..

Comment

• Got something done for benz..

Clutch slave cylinder fitted (hydraulic release bearing?!) anyway seems ok centered, i think my measurements are also correct cause...

Fitment seems ok from the peek hole.. Tilton states that the bearing should have 4 to 5 mm cap from release bearing to clutch..

new better bolts :p

Clutch line + bleeding line...

And how the adapter is made:

And last but not least, specs from tilton how to install hydraulic bearing with new clutch...

Benz has working clutch!

Comment

Working...
                                X