No announcement yet.

W201 v.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's starting to look like a proper car!
    sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
    Slowtoys CC

Comment

• Originally posted by herrakani View Post
      That's starting to look like a proper car!
      Yup,

And got overnight shipment from UK...
      Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
      Now: MB W211 320cdi
      Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

• Too much too soon?

Anyway little story about my day today.

first take old instrument cluster apart and test fit Stack..

ok, make plate to fit stack in middle.. using old speedo face.

and test fit with it

then the instrumentcluster it self..

and test fit. BOOM on the money!

Testing the "demo mode"

And then demomode off (tested the tacho on the black benz)

After that i did install the headliner to the project benz..

Tight fit but its there.

Comment

• What does it show? Temp? Boost? Pressure? Speed? Weed?
          sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
          Slowtoys CC

Comment

• Nice build dude!, coming along nicely good to see your doing your own fab work,
            I was going to put a turboed m50 in my e30, but half decent euros are costly and hard to come by here in Aus, Subd awaiting further updates

Comment

• Originally posted by herrakani View Post
              What does it show? Temp? Boost? Pressure? Speed? Weed?
              It shows, Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost pressure, laptime, 0-100 time, 400m time, speed, trip, odometer. what more could you want? oh yea the weed, it wont show nearest dealer

Originally posted by 1jze30 View Post
              Nice build dude!, coming along nicely good to see your doing your own fab work,
              I was going to put a turboed m50 in my e30, but half decent euros are costly and hard to come by here in Aus, Subd awaiting further updates
              Its only way togo doing own fab work You guys dont have E36 or E34's ? pull M50 out of those ealry models had the non vanos version, super easy. just get new pistons, rods, bolts and a athena gasket and you are good up around 600whp
              Last edited by Exami; 09-04-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Its only way togo doing own fab work You guys dont have E36 or E34's ? pull M50 out of those ealry models had the non vanos version, super easy. just get new pistons, rods, bolts and a athena gasket and you are good up around 600whp [/QUOTE]

We do have 34's and 36's and I have a really good hook up for parts but euros arent cheap and most people that bought them from the dealer were yuppies and drive autos
                ive done a bit of looking bout ,and found a high k's manuel e36 but they are asking 4.5-5k
                ive just thought I might just import a jxz90 half cut out of a chaser and have a easy 220kw
                but to be honest im still in the air with it all

Comment

• Originally posted by Exami View Post
                  It shows, Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost pressure, laptime, 0-100 time, 400m time, speed, trip, odometer. what more could you want? oh yea the weed, it wont show nearest dealer
                  there's an iphone app to do the last one.
                  sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
                  Slowtoys CC

Comment

• Ok today i remembered to take camera with me to garage and ive been busy this week as im on vacation.

Trunk pieces installed. not all yet..

More of interrior fitted, also central locking wirings are done for good.

Ecu mounted into glovebox.. it was real hard to find suitable place.. but this seems ok, i can still fit my sunglasses and car papers there.. all i need in there

More photos of test fitting dash..

Better pics of the headliner..

Then back what happened today... some glass plasting parts and painting brake calipers..

these are going to be painted as well.. but in neat future..
                    Last edited by Exami; 09-10-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• full interior eh? is this gonna be a street car?

looks good! you work quick

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

• Originally posted by Teeson1111 View Post
                        full interior eh? is this gonna be a street car?

looks good! you work quick
                        Yes full interrior, also im going to make the Sparco seats with same fabric as the merc seats.. but that in some future as the fabric is pretty expensive..

Other that the full interrior looks money cars like this.(my opinion)

Yes car is going to be used on street and various tracks(1/4 mile, 1mile, round tracks)

In the end this going to be 2.0 version of the first benz i made and ive clocked around 40k on that one.
                        Last edited by Exami; 09-05-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• drroooollll, like it a lot, especially the creative way of fitting in a stack, good job

'08 335i

Comment

• So finally i got my connectors that i ordered, wasnt that easy to find these either..
                            12pin

4pin

and BIG 4pin

Comment

• Maybe you could blacken your roof / headliner with some black shoe polish.

Just look at this:

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                                Maybe you could blacken your roof / headliner with some black shoe polish.

Just look at this:

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh....php?p=1364414
                                ... well i was thinking of making it from black Alcantara, but as im broke as fuck i use the original, On BMW parts it is possible to use those as they are "fluffy", on W201 its like this cheap plastic wrap(fake leather) kinda material.

So i dont think the shoe polish would work. for the most part im trying to go for the oem look, W201 never had black headliner from factory that is. the one i have is from black interrior and its same color as mine were with the black interrior and the one i have on the other benz :p

But maybe in some distant future all interrior is alcantara as i like it alot but its 175€/m and the headliner itself would take 1.5m so ~260€ for alcantara only after that some custom work to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X