Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LS400 VIP build thread.

Hey everybody,

I decided to start fresh with a whole new account and a new build thread. Last car was a 1990 Z32, the "banana" build. I had a build thread and was making steady progress, but after I reached 100% max low without notching the frame I took a trip to seattle for a shoot and ruined my oil pan. Here are a few photos from this previous summer.

After replacing the pan I decided it was time to sell and start new. I had always wanted an LS400 and to do a VIP style build and after asking some friends if there were any LS400's for sale I finally found one.

Picked up this 91 LS400 on BC ultra-low coils 18/12k springrates for 2900. It needs a couple of trim pieces on the outside and for one bottom trim square to be painted, but otherwise no dents/ straight body. Previous owner had a very aggressive set of meisters on there, 18x9.5 -1 18x11 -8 so the fenders have already been cut and pulled. Car came aligned with -7 or so degress of camber out back on modified Factory arms and wheels were needed immediately.

Picked up a set of style 95's with 32mm adapters all around, after adapters effective sizing is 19x9/10 -8, a bit aggressive in the front, but I will make it work.

I've been really busy lately, just moved into a new place so I haven't had much time to tinker with anything. Not to mention my roommates C6 Z06 is in the garage until he gets back from SEMA so I don't have a dry place to work on the car. Expect frequent updates when he gets back, first order of business is tucking the rear and getting the fronts perfectly flush. Long term plans are to wrap the car and get a full kit. But for now I'll be ordering a DC2 Integra front lip and just adjusting the ride height.

Here's a booty shot, showing off that camber.

off to a decent start. i think you should aim to tuck rim all around...

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

I've been thinking about it, once I mess with the ride height I'll decide if its plausible. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do a mild tuck in the front though

Comment

you can, but you probably wont be able to turn that well. but who cares lol. itll look friggen sexy. you should make it tuck as flushly as possible... you know what i mean?

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

Yeah I know what you're saying. I'm definitely gonna try and push the boundaries as much as I can in regards to front fitment, since that's always the hardest part to get perfect.

Comment

nice nissan! shit was done right. cant wait to see this one.

Comment

Thanks! I'm really excited with the things I can do with the LS, The Z was my first stanced car and I learned a lot from it.

Comment

I loved your 300 ALOT, so I cant wait to see what you do with this!!
                Static s10 build
                IG @lilredchevy66
                Lower it already

Comment

I like it so far.. anyway to upload larger pix?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

banana build was sweet as! Good luck on this..you're off to a good start for sure
                    Like a glove

Comment

Originally posted by em2cody View Post
                      I loved your 300 ALOT, so I cant wait to see what you do with this!!
                      Thanks! I'm pretty excited to start on this, I figure I've got 6 months before next show season so I can really make it clean and my own.

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                      I like it so far.. anyway to upload larger pix?
                      Yeah I can definitely do that, on my laptop the pics were HUGE so I scaled them down, I'll fix it in the future.

Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                      banana build was sweet as! Good luck on this..you're off to a good start for sure
                      Thanks dude! Hoping to do things just a little different from the normal VIP builds, much like I did with the 300

Comment

Just a small update, no pictures as it wasn't significant. I replaced a few taillight bulbs, and cut out some metal that was rubbing on the rear wheels. Gonna be dropping it a couple of inches tomorrow to see how it sits, might run into some issues with the exhaust though.

Comment

Another update, will upload some photos when I get back from the store. Lowered the car some more, and buckled my drivers side fender. It wasn't pulled enough and folded in half when I backed out of my driveway.

Comment

nice job so far man, style 95s are a little played out on LS's so i would suggest going a different route. but definitely sub'd!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Congrats on the new car! I always loved your Z32, can't wait to see this one in person too.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Working...
                              X