2007 GTI Timeline / Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man!

I used Duplicolor Metalcast red paint (Which I believe is used to create a anodized effect on metals), then wetsanded and followed it up with a Duplicolor Automotive gloss clear coat. Wet sanded again and threw some polish on them.

Im noticing they are starting to fade again so I might look into having them professionally painted to ensure that they last.

Comment

Finally installed some HID fogs. 4300K to match the headlights.

Car got dirty

Then got a free car wash today - via mother nature

sweet.

I **** winter.
      Last edited by Ghost•Images; 01-06-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Gray car is gray

Might have just gotten a legit offer on the Forgelines - if they sell Im thinking about trying to get some more power out of her.

Probably jump into a Stage 1 APR tune, VWR intake, and maybe a nice catch can setup.

If tax seasons turns out well then Ill entertain the idea of a K04 swap.

Who knows, I might just say screw it and find a nice Z31 locally and aim for power on that build.

Comment

Well it's been a while since I've posted any updates but it's with good reason....

I've been just doing daily duty driving to and from work.

Ended up getting an okay trade offer for the Forgelines plus some cash.

They are roughhhh. But the plan is to have them refinished by a buddy who works for a wheel shop. Painting them a nice metallic silver. Specs are 18x8 ET 35. Waiting on extended conical lugs from Ecs to do a proper test fit. Should be able to test them out this weekend.

They might turn out to look pretty cool - If not I'll flip them.

The extra cash from the wheel deal helped me make an even better deal..:

Pretty excited about this. Nothing will be installed until beginning of April most likely but I'm counting down the days.

Comment

Did a quick test fit of the OZ's today - pretty happy with the fitment with the coils but I don't think I'll be able to run these until I get the air system installed, tires are slightly too big for the low ET. I actually don't mind the gray now that I see them on the car, but I will more than likely get them refinished and painted silver.

Also just got these in the mail, I think they'll look pretty good once I have the wheels refinished and painted silver.

Comment

Car looks good, although I already miss the old wheels. Any plans for another 3 piece set in the future?

Comment

Thanks! I know what you mean - I loved the Forgelines but when I traded for these wheels there was cash on top to help me fund the bag setup so it makes me feel a little better.

I have the wheels up for sale or trade and ultimately would love another 3 piece setup. I'm thinking the OZs will look pretty decent when they're painted silver.

Comment

Sneak peek of the air tank wrap Im working on

Comment

Got to work on my tank design today. 3M die-cut black vinyl pattern I made in Illustrator and cut at work. Took 5 hours to weed out the vinyl and get it ready to apply...

One hour in

Three hours in

Five hours in and ready for transfer tape

And the half finished product - I need to clean up the edges and fine tune details but I couldn't help but share

Comment

very cool
                      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Decided it was time to start working on the air install since the weather is starting to get decent.

We were able to get the frame done for the false top floor and the base underneath.

Now I can wrap it all in the OEM carpet I got from Dorbitz and start bolting everything together. The rest of the system should be installed the weekend after next - can't wait another minute

Comment

Got the false floor top wrapped today at work. Tomorrow I'll wrap the trunk base. Then it's time to mount up the tank and such.

Comment

Got some shots from my buddy who's refinishing the OZ's for me, hes got 2 done so far and I hope to get them back from him within a few weeks

(He's doing these as a side project at work so I'm not rushing him)

They are looking AMAZING compared to what they looked like when I picked them up.

The bag install starts this Friday and will hopefully be wrapped up by Saturday night. Photos to come..

Comment

nice gti

instead of painting them, why not go for R32 or ed30 tails?

i know they aren't fully red, but a nice upgrade from the stock ones
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Yeah, at this point I'm not going to try to redo the tails all red. Like you suggested I'm probably going to look at another OEM option - leaning most towards an R32 set.

That'll come later down the road this summer though, after the bag install I need to catch up on some maintenance that I've been slacking on over the winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X