Cwyatt's Mk6 Golf Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cwyatt's Mk6 Golf Build

Well, Before i get into this, i just want to say that i know my car is different from a lot of peoples on here, being its a New VW and not a Gti/Golf R... But heres my Project...

Here is the week I got the car...

I plastidiped the wheels (hubcaps) right away... I don't know why, but there it is...

After a while of driving around in the egg like car.. i got Thule Racks.. Thought it would be cool. I guess... And blacked out the emblems..

Then.. after 5 months of ownership, i finally got wheels. Now before you go judging.. i did not know SHIT about wheels/cars/stance/fitment/anything auto... so i just went to the wheel and tire shop close to my house and said i wanted ''Rimzzz" and thats what i was. Just that.. Rimz man...

I ended up getting TSW Mugello's With the specs of 18X8 ET:45

You guessed it, there black.. Its what i liked at the time, but i promise it will get better...

Its hard to build a car in your early teens, I am one of the kids who's parents buy them a brand new car. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm spoiled. I would more like to consider it lucky. But the story goes on....

My next mod, was an intake. I wanted to bring a deeper tone to the car, without spending tons of cash on a cutback. and to this day i still love this thing. I ended up going with the APR Carbonio intake system. For the time, i thought i was in over my head, buying performance mods for A Naturally aspirated POS, But to this day, it still moo's like the cow it is...

(SIDENOTE) After that little upgrade, I tinted my car. 15% all around, but around the one year mark of running tint.... Cops had to shit on my parade.. Whatever...

Now its Around christmas time, and i have had it with all the comments about lowering my car and people calling it a ''Tiguan" (You guessed it (maybe) thats where my cars name came from) It was time to lower it... I looked for months on what suspension i would like. and i came to the conclusion of Raceland Ultimos...

Now before you all scream and cry because i bought race lands, the coils are actually not terrible at all... I did end up pulling out the passenger axle, breaking it, and having a guy at a shop called Pacific German (http://pacificgerman.com)There spring rates are great and pretty bumpy. but I'm into that thing... so thats the suspension part done...hmm...

Heres more pictures of the drop...

It was time to paint the wheels, so i went and bought white plastidip.. yes its plastishit...

It turned out great IMO and so i kept it...

So i Also got Blind Spot mirrors From ECS Tuning. As well as a Euro Cupholder (Now Sold) and other tiny stuff thats not very important...

After keeping the car like that for a while.. I Decided i would buy some TDI Spec fog Lights to spice up the front a little.. Aswell as a two toned front emblem that i can't find right now ;/

Thought it really made the front of the car look better so +1 for that...

I was bored one day and decided to make a front lip.... Out of garage door supplies...

Did not look that bad. until a later story to come... so keep reading

Now, before you all go and call me even more spoiled, i just want to say that i did help pay for what you are about to see. So my 18th birthday was coming up. I really wanted to do something awesome to my car. I wanted to Bag it..... After weeks of searching for the perfect deal.... i found it. In my car Group OCVW (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocvwg/) A man named Kawika, had a buddy who was trying to get a partnership of some sort with airlift, and he was trying to get to a certain amount of sales, so i jumped right in.

I ended up going with All manual and full airlift. I plan on going V2/Elift in the future.

SO... thats my build and theres many more to come. Wheels, body, interior, engine. I have a lot of plans for this car. Its my dream to make this car one of a kind awesome. But theres still so much more... Thanks for reading everyone...

Heres some more pics...

another thing.. MK6/MK5 have a passenger frame in the way of the axle. So heres a picture of it with and without a notch...

BEFORE

AFTER

connor 5 by

Goes down about 2 inches maybe with the notch..

Thanks guys. will update this as soon as more things come!

FUTURE MODS
    [] Golf R Bumper
    [] Wheels (To be discussed)
    [] Subs + Amp
    [] Catback Exhaust
    [] TURBO KIT (Not for alllllooonng time)
    [] Votex Lip
    [] Upgraded Rear Struts
    [] Golf R LED Tails
    [] GTD Steering wheel
    [] MORE....

I really wanted to thank my Buddies in OCVW. They all are inspirations to me in there own ways.. my car would not look the same if i never met them. If you live in OC (Orange County, California) join our group... Thanks

About: If you live in the OC and you love VW & Audi, you've gotta check us out! We are the a VW & Audi car group in the OC who get together for meets, cruises, and other events. We have weekly...

UPDATE! Got a cupra r lip yesterday!

damn... looks beautiful for being a mk6. good job.

Comment

Originally posted by justaneffer View Post
      damn... looks beautiful for being a mk6. good job.
      thanks man!

Comment

The car looks great. At least you don't hide that you are spoiled like others

Comment

Originally posted by zebra View Post
          The car looks great. At least you don't hide that you are spoiled like others
          thanks bro!

yea, i automatically know that people would call me out, so i thought i might as well beat them to it.. lol

Comment

At least you don't hide that you are spoiled like others .

Comment

Nice! I see your in SoCal, where are you located? I see my boy Kawika in one of your photos.
              03' Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Comment

That looks so good!

What are you planning for the audio side of things?

Comment

Originally posted by aleksey_royt View Post
                  Nice! I see your in SoCal, where are you located? I see my boy Kawika in one of your photos.
                  San Clemente! . And yea, if you read up a little, I got my bags threw him (his friend) but I know Kawika and go on last Sunday cruises with him!

Comment

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
                    That looks so good!

What are you planning for the audio side of things?
                    Full speaker upgrade, along with dynamat the whole car. Subs and nicer tweeters

Comment

NEW WHEELS!!

Comment

luckyyy *napoleon dynamite*

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

id get rid of those tacky stickers. nonetheless clean car.
                          CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Stickers are gone :P

Comment

Nice!!! Lucky man... I think kia did the same on the forte, because the driver side is lower

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                              X