Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '93 240 (Volvos can be cool too right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it. Gotta love the student life. Excited to see where this one goes!
    2001 VW Golf GTI 1.8t
    1989 Saab 900 (base model)

Comment

Clean car! Those saw blades came out looking NICE. I also go to college out of state so I totally get what you're going through with only being able to work on the car over breaks. It seems like you're headed in the right direction, I'm also building a 240 so if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM
      '82 Volvo 242 build
      '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Originally posted by aprophet13 View Post
        Clean car! Those saw blades came out looking NICE. I also go to college out of state so I totally get what you're going through with only being able to work on the car over breaks. It seems like you're headed in the right direction, I'm also building a 240 so if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM
        Thanks! I put about 20 hours into them over thanksgiving break. Yeah going to school out of state definitely puts a damper on car modification...Will definitely send you a PM with questions when they crop up
        My Build:

Comment

Last edited by philohlean; 09-01-2022, 04:21 PM.
          My Build:

Comment

what momo adapter? i was planning on ordering one soon and dont wanna order one that doesnt work haha

Comment

Originally posted by teejsauce View Post
              what momo adapter? i was planning on ordering one soon and dont wanna order one that doesnt work haha
              The momo adapter sold on ebay. Labeled as working with volvo 240's from 85-93... part # 9010. Apparently it works with 80s and early 90s cars after talking to some guys on TB, but mine isn't even a close fit haha
              My Build:

Comment

A REAL UPDATE FOR ONCE
                Getting it out of the barn to work on it was a straight b****. I got stuck, had to have my dad pull me out, got a shatload of mud in the wheel wells, just mucked everything up in general.

This picture just makes me drool, there is no other way to put it.....And this is the front

And I saw someone do it in another thread, thought it was sort of cool, so here is the music of choice for the little bit of work I did today:
                ERRA: Augment, If you are into harder music (metal, rock, etc.) at all, you should check them out. To put it into perspective, I can't do most heavy screaming etc... but there isn't a single song on the album I don't love

And this one, but they are pretty well known:

Time for test fitment!

A small precedent, apparently there is like a failsafe bolt on the front hubs, to prevent it from just falling off? (there was also a peg to help guide the wheels on, but that crap broke off ages ago) wouldn't be an issue, except it prevented my adapters from sitting flush against the hub . Soo out came the dremel, and thankfully I only had to extend one of the existing holes to get it to fit on

THE FRONT: (apologies for the picture being noisy as shit... forgot to turn the flash on for the first few pics )

THE REAR:
                50mm adapters just barely cleared the controlling arm, but I think it is enough. I wanted to go higher (60-65), my Dad thinks the cops will pull me over constantly if I poke it out 10mm more.... whatever

Now time for those interior pics I promised:

Apparently this is "rare" and "desirable" on 240's? Curious how something so simple was once an added option....

The tractor engine:

My lazy man's sub, works perfectly for my purposes:

Dat blue trim though:

And that's it for now. Plan is to roll/cut the fenders sometime soon when I'm not working, wet sand the super yellow headlights, and start saving up for front coilovers with adjustable camber plates
                My Build:

Comment

I love old volvo's, your's is no exception. Keep up the good work buddy, can't wait to see those wheels mounted with rubber
                  My '88 Golf GTI - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460

lowered, because it makes the boobies bounce

Comment

Cant wait to see it with the tires mounted.

From ashy to classy BMW 2002 content

Comment

Last edited by philohlean; 09-01-2022, 04:21 PM.
                      My Build:

Comment

Looks nice, I am in WNY area as well (Lancaster). I love these old bricks.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
                          Looks nice, I am in WNY area as well (Lancaster). I love these old bricks.
                          Thanks man, glad to know there are some other WNY-ers on the forum! I went to school in the city for a little while so I am relatively familiar with most of the suburbs, including lancaster to a limited degree haha. Love your build, will have to keep my eyes peeled for the bimmer
                          My Build:

Comment

Lancaster eh? I'm right around there too and have always had a soft spot for the old bricks. Just saw a nice one in the yard the other day.
                            99' Saturn SL2 DD slow build
                            IG: bsweitzer99

Comment

get some pics of this thing on rubber and ill feature your build on my blog here. http://thebrickblog.tumblr.com/ i dig the band recomendations.

Comment

Originally posted by bsweitzer99 View Post
                                Lancaster eh? I'm right around there too and have always had a soft spot for the old bricks. Just saw a nice one in the yard the other day.
                                another one! sweet
                                Originally posted by turbobrick249r View Post
                                get some pics of this thing on rubber and ill feature your build on my blog here. http://thebrickblog.tumblr.com/ i dig the band recomendations.
                                Sweet! Thanks man. I am hopefully going to order tires here soon, I am thinking 17/215/40 for the front and 17/225/40 for the back. Anyone who has run sawblades have any opposing input?
                                My Build:

Comment

Working...
                                X