No announcement yet.

mk3 gti and an e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally figured out my dme was bad causing the last drivability concerns left in my swap. I took it apart to see if it was something simple like a cracked solder. Nothing visible. I found a good dme for $50 shipped on r3v. Not too bad! The car is driving much better

Comment

the car drove grear this weekend. went for a spirited cruise, then went to SF cars n coffee. I also learned why e21 is called tail happy very fun. i know. its needs more low and wheels, but it took a bit of work to get it where it is. Hopefully in a bit i can pick up another open diff and have it welded

Comment

I cut a coil out of the fronts. It rides pretty good since the car is on bilstien sports with h&r springs with 323 front housings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally mounted two tires onto my 13x8 😊. Now I just gotta go pick up the two front from my friends house.

Comment

I wet sanded some of the surface rust off the trunks paint, then buffed and waxed the entire car to keep the rust at bay. Unfortunately I have to wet sand a lot more to get rust off haha. I just wanted to see what was savable and see how it looks.

And since I didn't tape anything off the rubbing compound messed up the trim i accidentally touched with the bumper so i had to clean that up. I refinished some trim pieces. I used auto magic black vinyl coat. You apply it with a rag, and It covers the plastic or rubber with a new thin coat of rubber. Next up is to hit some window seals. I also need to spray my chrome window trim, faded mirrors and door handles with trim black paint

Comment

Ugh, I've been torn between white and black for the respray of my golf, it's hard to beat black.. Both look great!
              Instagram @mawhfawkin
              97' Golf GL Hoopty Edition ($200)

Comment

Originally posted by Mawhfawkin- View Post
                Ugh, I've been torn between white and black for the respray of my golf, it's hard to beat black.. Both look great!
                thanks dude. the e21 is coming along very slowly haha. I personally like black, but it always looks dirty. I keep daydreaming of sparing my gti the ford tuxedo black metallic color. I love that color. Reminds me of the 20th anniversary gti black magic pearl with a bit more metallic.

Requested video for up-close look at the metallic flakes of Ford's Tuxedo Black paint color, car is a 2012 Focus Titanium sedan. Sorry, I went a little fast!
                Last edited by mk3f.t.w.; 02-26-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I finally lowered my license plate frame

Comment

Love both your cars

Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                      Love both your cars

thanks dude!

Comment

Dat mk3

I love mk3's so much. Looking good man!

Comment

I cleaned up one tail light. It's no longer pink. Need to do the other still. Also the trunk is no longer rusty. Unfortunately the alpine Weiss 146 I ordered is much brighter than my old rust tinted alpine white. It still needs a wet sand and buff.

Comment

Hey there. Loving all the work on your E21. I stumbled upon this thread while researching some oil pressure issues in my E21 and had some questions for you.

Did you have to lower the front subframe or raise the engine to get the oil pan out?
                            Did you replace the rod bearings in the car and again did you have to move the subframe / engine at all to get to them?
                            Any other tricks that you can remember for removing the pan / changing out the bearings with the engine in the car?

Comment

Originally posted by amarino View Post
                              Hey there. Loving all the work on your E21. I stumbled upon this thread while researching some oil pressure issues in my E21 and had some questions for you.

Did you have to lower the front subframe or raise the engine to get the oil pan out?
                              Did you replace the rod bearings in the car and again did you have to move the subframe / engine at all to get to them?
                              Any other tricks that you can remember for removing the pan / changing out the bearings with the engine in the car?

Hey. I think I have talked to you on bimmerforums before. I just loosened the two nuts for the motor mounts and disconnected the ground strap, jacked under the bell housing, then the pan came out easy. I replaced the rod bearings and the pump. I probably should have replaced the main bearings but I was tight on money. I now run an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on things and so far the car stays within spec.

Comment

Originally posted by mk3f.t.w. View Post
                                Hey. I think I have talked to you on bimmerforums before. I just loosened the two nuts for the motor mounts and disconnected the ground strap, jacked under the bell housing, then the pan came out easy. I replaced the rod bearings and the pump. I probably should have replaced the main bearings but I was tight on money. I now run an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on things and so far the car stays within spec.

haha yea i'm more active on bf.c with the same username. Thanks for the info. I'll be tackling this myself in a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X