No announcement yet.

My Daily Commuter • Golf MKV GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, got a hold of the VCDS in my hands, and it was a matter of time before I made everything work like it should.

Compass went on

So happy I had ordered the car with optional MFD back then

Yes

Like a Boss

I also used the VCDS to de-activate the airbags i dont use, driver side, and seats.

Here is a video of a testing session

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWgFtCF3JsE"]Testing RNS510 w/MFD on Golf MK5 plus AirBag Deactivation - YouTube[/ame]

And ordered this adapter for my antenna, not that it does not work with one antenna, but radio gets an even better reception

And this, because I could not stand watching the scratched button like that anymore

Cheers

more to come

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Car had a nice trip

Arrived at destination

It was driven hard

Showed no hesitation

It did awesome, despite having known drivetrain problems, which I should address when and IF i find time to leave from hospital

In other news, I noticed the battery drain issue from the RNS, due to older canbus module, so I ordered a new one, which I am waiting for.
      I will then have to install it, and code it, and hope it solves the issue.

I am also waiting for the antenna, which being a votex part, takes a long time to come from Germany.

Then, I am also waiting for the new AC Unit, and also, I started a new project I would like to tell you about. I know I shouldnt, and stop spending on the daily, however. . . .

I started ordering parts to convert my headliner in complete black.

At first I thought it was not that hard. However you cant imagine the parts that need addressing. I decided to not paint anything, and buy them all new.
      Dont ask me why. I just decided that. Oh well.

Some things are already ordered and on the way, and some others are to be ordered in the next days. I am in no hurry, I will take my time in this.
      The fabric, will be dressed in my trim shop, either black oem fabric, or alcantara black, like my Audi. Havent decided yet to be honest.

Parts that will be bought new. Everything that is, except the pure fabric parts.

-Front Dome Light
      -Sunroof Switch
      -Sunglasses Storage tray
      -Front Dome Light Support Bracket
      -Rear Dome Light
      -Driver Sunvisor
      -Passenger Sunvisor
      -Roof Handles Front (2x)
      -Roof Handles Rear (2x)
      -Sunvisor Support Brackets (2x)
      -Sunvisor reading lights (2x)
      -Airbag Plastic Covers (6x)
      -Trunk Inner Plastic (already bought in the past)
      -Safety Belt Upper B-Pillar Driver
      -Safety Belt Upper B-Pillar Passenger

Then there is the sunroof tray, which costs like a fortune. It is mainly fabric, has just a piece of plastic, the part that you grab in order to slide it.
      It is very easy to paint myself in black, and then trim the rest like the other parts, so I guess I will do that. Dont see the reason in not doing that.

So, there is more to come

Stay Tuned . Cheers guys

Comment

Colected the box after work, and lost no time

Started with this

Yes unit is away, to prevent more battery drain issue

Removed the frame

And then these three

New unit in

Testing everything - great

At last

Also received the Audi Fire Extinguisher

Ready for the new year

Comment

And so it begins - stealership time

AirBag Covers, 6o of them

SunVisor brackets

All 4 handles, front and rear

Sunvisor lights

New Frame

SunGlasses thingy

Havent seen that logo before inside it

Combined will look something like that

More to come

Cheers

Comment

Well some more updates today.

Received a box from the stealership

Let's see what is inside it

Yummy me likey

I looked closer to see for gold parts that could justify the price

BUT NO. There weren't any.

I also, received the canbus gateway module today from Germany.
            I lost no time from the post office and removed the tray below the feet of driver, in order to remove this one, the old one

Before I removed it, I made sure I took notes of the installation list from the vcds

When I did, I installed the new one, and ticked the boxes in the installation list to match my previous settings.

Everything worked ok, and I installed my unit again, and now I have to wait and see if I have battery drain issues again.

Fingers crossed I dont

Cheers everyone

Comment

Had a day off from work, and managed to do some work on the car.
              It was mostly maintenance things, however these are things that can easily set you back 4-digit numbers sadly .

So, let's see what was done to the car

Car up on the lift

Wheels off

Spot the problem

Grease everywhere in the wheel arch, so new CV boots

Nice and clean

Engine Mount from driver's side (gearbox) was totally off

New one from dealership

Sadly, I noticed that the 2.0T ones dont fit, therefore I cant buy a VF / BSH kit I was thinking about to never have to deal with that issue again. Oh well.

Then, seeing my brakes were tired, I decided to have a go at them too, while I was there.

So, New brake fluids

New Pads Front and Rear

New discs Front and Rear

And installed

There are more things to do on my lists, but one step at a time

Cheers

Comment

So here is an update I hadnt told you about.
                After the maintenance day before, I decided I wanted the car back in its former glory days when it had the custom PSS on , that was so fun to drive.

So I made my calls, got some nice prices, and today after work, I lost no time, and went for it. Again like in the past, Coilovers, Bilstein PSS, height adjustable for me. They are for the GTi which is a little heavier than GT, so that works perfectly for me, that I want the car stiffer than most people.

I know you all want me to stop talking, and instead show you some pics

Unboxing is always fun

Hello there

Details

Lets remove them

Out with the old

In with the new

Old

new

Down on the ground

4x4 Status

Up for alignment and measurements

And this is the first installation height.

Car corners amazingly like in the old days, and I will let it settle to see if I want anything more in terms of lows.

I seriously enjoyed this mod, and I recommend it to everyone , so as to enjoy the hell out of their car on a daily basis. They wont regret it.

Cheers

Comment

your threads always deliver. great read from start to current...
                  Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Hello there. A lot of work was done on the car the last days, and here is the documentation from my work that helped me, over at Detailing World Forum.

While I was viewing doc's thread, it was obvious the undercarriage and the arches of his Golf, had seen better days. Having a clean car, not only satisfies our OCD needs but it makes the whole servicing process easier and cleaner for person who handles it.

So Doc came by my place on a hot Saturday morning. We jacked the Golf and removed the wheels, drivers side first.

Usual suspects such as road grime and tar were there, but grease splatter was the real issue we had to attend, particularly on front arches.

Various brushes and sponges were used to clean the arches, and strong APC mixtures. Unfortunally we couldn't hold the camera with all that dirt on our hands so we didn't document the during process. After all that hard labour, Meg's M40 came in handy!

Drivers side arch, end result:

After a quick clean up, rear arch had some tar issues we had to vanish.

End result.

Since Rota wheels were out, it would be a shame not to clean them properly.

Wheels back on, and time for passengers side.

Rear arch before.

and afters.

While I was on the rear arch, Doc handled the wheels.

Time for passengers side front arch.

Nasty baked on grease.

Definition of getting your hands dirty. I think.

M40 doing its thing.

et voilà.

Having spend 4 hours already, it was time for a refill. Greek souvlaki (or sandwich for our nothern greek friends)

After the delicious meal, todays detailing puzzle was coming together and the next piece was the engine bay. Nothing too serious, but needed some love too.

Befores.

During.

After a very careful rinse, engine compartment was blown dry and M40 was sprayed liberaly and left to dwell for a couple of minutes. Quick wipedown followed and here's the end result.

Some people would have been satisfied with the results. We had to do something extra to feel even better.

Here's a shot before we take the golf on a date.

Headed to a local car wash to clean the undercarriage of the car, and a quick exterior wash.

Always play safe, and use your rubber.

Clean from top to bottom.

Despite the fact it was a very tiring session, we were pretty pleased with the result. We missed a few bits here and there, which we will address again in the future.

Thanks for watching, this guys, I hope you had fun. We sure had lots of it.

Comment

So, some more updates on the DaiLy ProJect

Got some more new stuff from the dealership

Rear Reading Light

And then finally, the B-Pillars are here

Can you see the colour difference ? The OEM headliner on GTi/R32 is not black, it is anthracite

I took one of them to my trim shop, and discussed our options on the material we will cover the fabric parts with . . . I am between oem black material, and . . . . . some alcantara options . . . . :love: we shall see

I then started removing some headliner parts

But it was dark, so thought I'd leave it for tomorrow

more to come, cheers

Mike

Comment

1. Is that a normal car wash with a lift? if so very jealous of that
                        2. is the boost gauge in your cluster factory or custom?
                        3. Love the attention to cleaning detail on both your builds, never get tired of seeing how good of a job you always do.
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                          1. Is that a normal car wash with a lift? if so very jealous of that
                          2. is the boost gauge in your cluster factory or custom?
                          3. Love the attention to cleaning detail on both your builds, never get tired of seeing how good of a job you always do.
                          1. Yes, pretty normal. All my friends after jeeping, including me, we wash them at shops like that to get all the mud from underneath

2. It is factory, and came only in my model

3. thank you very very much sir

Cheers

Comment

god project

Comment

So, a lot of things have happened in the past few days in the daily project.

First of all, after a lot of time, this showed up

Then I started removing parts

Moving at the back

Out it had to go

Before

After

Before

After

Then it was time for some fresh rubber. Opted for something not completely racing, but not normal boring either.

Mounted on the wheels

Love the fitment

I was very pleased with the result

Cheers, more to come

Comment

Wow. Wow. Wow. So much clean. So JDM. So great. What exhaust are you running? Only thing is it needs more lows. Just a little

Comment

Working...
                                X