3 Wheel Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wheel Build

Hello everyone, I've been lurking on here for a while and have seen alot of non-car builds so I decided to make a thread of my own. I'm sadly not old enough to get my license yet so I have to settle for making and tinkering with other things, so I did what any other kid with this problem would do, build a drift trike

It all started with me and my friends bombing hills with a little plastic trike and it grew from there. I don't have any pics of the original frame I used, but this is close enough:

I don't have any welders or pipe benders so I started from a plain old bike frame.
    I did these cuts to create a base:

I dont have any pics from there to the actual trike due to a phone switch.. But the only thing I really did was buy unistrut and a peice of althread and bolted the whole thing up creating this:

It rode like a piece of crap, was slow as hell, and was at least a foot off the ground but I still loved her unconditionally. At that point I didn't even have any PVC sleeves so there was no sliding going on The people I ordered them from did not revive my order for 2 weeks so they came prety late. But they finally came:

^ That other one is my buddy's who is also making one. Sorry for all the shity instagram and phone pics, I'll be getting some more legit pics in the future. More updates coming soon.

Anyone know how to make the pics work?

Comment

right click them on flickr, select size, then right click, copy image url (or location, etc.). Use that instead of teh web url.
      lurkin and murkin

Comment

Originally posted by MWyeS View Post
        right click them on flickr, select size, then right click, copy image url (or location, etc.). Use that instead of teh web url.
        Thanks bro

Comment

Pics in order^

Comment

Ive been wating for my friend to get his PVC so I started a side project:

I couldn't find any bolts long enough, so the ricer inside of me called out zipties...
            But its ziptie state you could not ride it so i went and bought some proper bolts:

Now back to the trike...
            I got tired of looking at a cut off chunk of metal so I used some wood filler,

a little primer,

and presto, ugly cut gone!

Also filled in hole where cranks used to be:

And the trike was somewhat ready for paint (I also bottom mounted it and widened the axle, which I have a picture of after paint)
            Paint:

Wasn't really satisfied with finish even with clear coat and will be doing over pretty soon...
            Handlebars and Fork:

Really like how they came out...
            After assembly:

And better picture of widened axle and rear mounting:

I will have some more proper non-phone pictures up soon..

Comment

Working...
            X