No announcement yet.

Ke70 - Beige Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOOOOOOOOO turbo of the engine is going ahead and ive started on everything. Lots of long night injuries and frustrating hours ahead!

It took me a casual 5 hours to get the old extractors and side drafts off the damn car because genius Toyota engineer though it would be good to have inlet and outlet on the same side of the motor! and then tilt to motor to face that side down.

First bit of custom fab stainless to ever get put on my car!

Now you would not believe how hard this was to get on the head. first the hole where about .3 of a mm to small so i had to file them out and then got madd and just re drilled them with a shitty handheld battery drill nearly disconbobulating my wrist multiple times. Then i had to get bolts on the damn thing.. now that was interesting because once again toyota though it would be BRILLIANT to put the starter motor and alternator directly below the manifold so to get at the lower bolts require the hands of a baby midget and the finesse of an Olympic synchronized swimmer.. now after almost a full day manifold is on.

Much more to come!

Comment

The latter part of the day proved successful with turbo and dump mounted up

Comment

haha, cool stuff! Ive seen plenty 3tc turbo'ed rollas, but not many 4ac turbo'ed ones haha, top work, very nice!
        "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
        Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
        Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
        Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
        Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

Originally posted by willie@stance View Post
          haha, cool stuff! Ive seen plenty 3tc turbo'ed rollas, but not many 4ac turbo'ed ones haha, top work, very nice!
          4k-c even smaller :P

so its finished and runs nicely took it for a boost at actuator which was 10psi and obliterated an old head gasket, so time for two gaskets and we shall see how it goes then. its making just a tick over 160hp atws, so I'm very content!

here is a small video of the car actually running (y)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsxuq12I0Xo"]4k Turbo Setup - YouTube[/ame]

-Kim

Comment

SOOOOOOOO I'm now onto the exhaust after just changing over the Head gasket which you can see how lovely and beautiful the oil was when it came out of my engine here --->
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

then it started to boost and i ran it down my hill out to about 2 psi just to check pressure and filmed it, i tried filming a full pull but couldnt hold my wheel with one hand at this point due to it skating so much, so ill get me a mount of some kind ---->
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This was the locking i did of my fresh elec dizzy here ----->

and how the exhaust is coming as of now should be finished this week ----->

thanks for ready guys

-Kim

Comment

First appearance at a meet for a long time today wasn't looking too bad for something that has just sat for the last 3 months!

Comment

BIG UPDATE TIME!

SOOOO.. Problems come fast and quick with this setup but i think I'm almost there now.

Got the new fuel pump in and functioning properly its a Carter P4600HP Electric Fuel Pump.. its good for 6-8 PSI and 100 Gallons per hour so it was just what the doctor ordered for my fuel cutting.

And then my carby seals started to flood and the engine became constantly flooded so A Holley Fuel regulator was Inbound

Once that was sorted I required a quick fix for the air filter situation so I threw together this. Sadly it is now time to start hacking and get some piping in there!

Then I nearly cooked the engine due to this heater outlet splitting and spewing all my coolant throughout the engine bay.. see photo for culprit

Then it was off to the track to run the motor in..

and then as fate would have it 5 laps in my clutch blew up. so it was time for a new clutch...

I put the gearbox back in by myself in with the car 50cm's off the ground safe to say i will never be doing that again!

Now gladly for few days and a lot of boosting the car has not had a single problem... I'm hoping that will be the last of it for a while "Touch Wood". Here is what the bay looks like at this time... it really needs a good cleaning up!

and here it is the car looking nice clean and turbo'd finally!

And it was so good to see the car getting some love and attention from people other than me for once!

Thanks for reading guys! stay tuned for more posts of many other modifications and issues in the future I'm sure!

- Kim

Comment

Working...
                X