No announcement yet.

1990 UK Vauxhall Nova SR20DET Space Framed Trackcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Simps View Post
      Thanks for checking in!

No completion date, gets done when its done.

Frame will be powder coated yeah.

Thank you
      What colour are you thinking? its nice not giving yourself a completion date, means it gets done properly

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
      this, this does not look like a nova right now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ChanceTheNapper View Post
        This is the greatest build thread I've ever seen. Keep on keeping on man, this thing should be awesome. Any idea on power goals?
        Why thank you Sir! Kind words. Power will be around the 225-250bhp mark, so not much over standard. Looking for reliability and need to get used to the car too!

Originally posted by PurpleDrumstick View Post
        What colour are you thinking? its nice not giving yourself a completion date, means it gets done properly

this, this does not look like a nova right now lol
        Frame will be satin black, nice and simple, or something like that. Anthracite maybe.

Its "a little" un-nova like right now lol

Comment

• I just went through this thread. I am now sitting here and scratching my head trying to comprehend the level of dedication to pull off something like this. The amount of patience and calm you must have is uncomprehandable to me. I tried to roll my own fenders once and butchered them because heating up the paint was taking too long in my opinion, Lol. Btw. the red hatchback on the first page was killer.

Comment

• Thanks Helmut

I went into this project (many years ago) knowing it may never come to fruition. I had an initial cost outlay buying the tubing, the donor vehicle and the Vauxhall Nova, thats it. I then set about doing as much work as possible without having to spend much money other than on grinding discs, gas & welding wire. I wanted to throw myself in at the deep end and learn new skills. If I ever had to abandon the project or I well and truly fudged it, I could always sell the donor car/parts and swallow the small (comparative) loss on the rest.

I'm soon approaching the point where I need to put my hand in my pocket to buy the coilovers, uprights, control arms etc, coming to several thousand. Trying my best to get as much done 1st though!

Comment

• anthracite will look awesome. stick with it man, dont give up as this will be amazing when "finished" lol

Comment

• Tonights progress!

Both rear turrets are now welded and finished, if only welding in straight lines was easy!...

Started masking out the remaining pieces of tube work so I can get it ordered while at the same time finally making a decision on how I will do the floor, tunnel, exhaust route and gearbox mount...

Thanks for looking,

p.s. The prop is floppy and in two pieces incase you were wondering why it looked wonky!
                Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Leave it like so, bolt some seats and some offroad suspension!! lol would be fun as shit in some dirt! Great progress buddy! In for more
                  Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

• Started measuring up and lining the prop tonight. Ive got it bolted up diff end and pushed in all the way to the box. I've then got the distance between those two points but do I need to allow any slack??

Comment

• 1973 Celica
                      Tanner Stinson
                      ASU '19

Comment

• While I wait for an opportunity to go get my tubing and some sheet metal Ive just been working with the cardboard and making up the panel template, such a tedious job but I'm getting there, slowly!

Black felt tip lines are where I will add bead lines to the sheet metal.
                        Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• This is awesome , great work mate. it reminds me of engineered to slides hilux but smaller looks the tits with the body off cant wait to see more progress.
                          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by The Simps View Post

Certainly going to need to run some pretty wide flares front and back! The turret tops sit proud but I'm not concerned by that at this point until I know the height the rails/engine will sit.

On to the next task - levelling out the rails. With the rails laid on top of my horizontal tubes I squared them up and tacked it into a square. A lot of measuring & tweaking later they were perfectly centralised down the car. Next step was to determine their height and movement front to back. To aid the process and to help keep things true, I tacked in 4 uprights where the box meets the tubes so that a i lifted the rails they would keep more or less centred...

I love that pics, make it look like I remotely know what I'm doing!

Does your mate have his bollock out or am i seeing things?!

Comment

• ^^lol dafuq is that?
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by STU? View Post
                                This is awesome , great work mate. it reminds me of engineered to slides hilux but smaller looks the tits with the body off cant wait to see more progress.
                                Thanks! The Hilux build has definitely been an inspiration, for sure!

As for the bullock in the photo - yes it is, my bro's. Cheeky git. Didn't notice it until the photo was uploaded and posted. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X