Clear All

Originally posted by justanothercivic View Post
    In for the updates , this should come out insaneee
    Originally posted by tylerlb View Post
    Love the work being done (and detail)
    Originally posted by lublub View Post
    I like where this is going.
    Originally posted by Purple View Post
    Love the OCD and attention to detail going into this!
    Not usually much of a Civic fan. But I'm Subd to this one!
    Keep up the ace work
    Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    Awesome dude, lovin the little mods, and all the Ron Swanson. This is going to be great.
    Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
    Wheels look sick man
    Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
    this build makes me want to get my hatch even faster
    Hatch fever is contagious

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
    Looks like another awesome build sir. I know I see you post about it occasionally on fb but I finally saw the build on here. Glad to see you got some quality audio stuff for it. I **** seeing clean builds audio wise that end up with Kicker junk in them. I'm debating between an SA10 or 2 SA8's for my car as I got rid of the big spl set up out of my car to fit all of the air stuff in the car and cover the costs of my air build.
    Thanks! The SA8's seem great for size, the box they required is very small. Kicker is good audio stuffs man everytime I go in futureshop i swear someone tries to tell me that kicker is top of the line stuff

Originally posted by Aveo Kidd View Post
    Wat ever happen to the aveo?
    It was sold back to the person I bought it from once I had it repaired. then sold to someone else who managed to get t-boned by a truck.... it died a warriors death.

Originally posted by DioXidE View Post
    I just love all the gifs lol
    Gifs make the world go round

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
    Updates?
    yessir

Summer seems to finally be here so I should be able to start tackling a lot more.

finally got around to doing the dash swap to fit my double din (that and the original blower motor was screwed)
    le ugly original 96-98 dash

And the blower motor, heater, ducts, and ac condensator that was required for the swap
    PRO TIP: when replacing a blower motor, get one form a vehicle equiped with A/C. most A/C equiped vehicles use larger blower motors to compensate for the extra effort required from having A/C.

It was a pain in the arse to swap however, required gutting the car to the firewall.

Found the previous owners shitty radio wiring

and made a proper wire harness adapter... no crimps, no electrical tape.

and seperated the looms into speaker wires one side, power, ground and illumination on the other.

half way finished the swap

And almost finished. Also installed my wink 5 panel mirror

and turned it on, yep it does internetz. immediately went on Stance/Works

till next time, unless I get distracted in traffic by the internetz and die a horrible fiery death....
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

I used to have that same air freshener haha
      Instagram @benseifert666
      #shitboxcolt build thread revival coming soon

Comment

Lol, it's manly a fuck. Hello kitty ftw

Comment

this is pretty awesome

Comment

On a scale of 1-25 how difficult was this swap

1 being like disconnecting a battery to 25 like swapping an engine (or the actual dash swap)

Comment

Those new HVAC controls and double DIN made that interior look 1000x better. Definitely subbed for this one.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                this is pretty awesome
                Thanks!
                On a scale of 1-25 how difficult was this swap
                1 being like disconnecting a battery to 25 like swapping an engine (or the actual dash swap)
                All in all it wasn't too bad. I would say maybe a 7? Lol for the most part it is just very time consuming. I followed this guide if your interested in what all is required to do it yourself. It goes through step by step and is pretty handy.
                http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album228/
                Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                Those new HVAC controls and double DIN made that interior look 1000x better. Definitely subbed for this one.
                Thanks man!

Hopefully should have some major updates by the end of the weekend, planning on being a garage hermit and getting shiz done.

Comment

I keep coming back to this thread and seeing more awesome!

Like.

Dewd. Holy. Chit.

Keep going.

Dun stahp!

Much excitement. Want to be here for finish.

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                  All in all it wasn't too bad. I would say maybe a 7? Lol for the most part it is just very time consuming. I followed this guide if your interested in what all is required to do it yourself. It goes through step by step and is pretty handy.
                  http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album228/
                  I'd say this is definitely something 90% of EK owner want and the ones that say they don't are just in denial :P Thank you for sharing le DIY.

Looking forward to updates
                  Last edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK; 04-26-2014, 02:47 AM.
                  Originally posted by FunfGang
                  But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
                  Originally posted by Dudermagee
                  XXr's, homey.

Comment

I love how you put all these junkyard parts to such a good use! That dash looks great as well
                    '97 Golf Mk3.

Comment

Originally posted by All in all it wasn't too bad. I would say maybe a 7? Lol for the most part it is just very time consuming. I followed this guide if your interested in what all is required to do it yourself. It goes through step by step and is pretty handy.
                      [URL="http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album228/"
                      http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album228/[/URL]
                      Cool I want to do this swap one day (when im not too lazy)

Whats that cd player thingy screen thing called?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
                        I keep coming back to this thread and seeing more awesome!
                        Like.
                        Dewd. Holy. Chit.
                        Keep going.
                        Dun stahp!
                        Much excitement. Want to be here for finish.
                        I'd say this is definitely something 90% of EK owner want and the ones that say they don't are just in denial :P Thank you for sharing le DIY.
                        Looking forward to updates
                        Thanks! very much appreciated from a fellow honda enthusiast.

Originally posted by stancefag View Post
                        I love how you put all these junkyard parts to such a good use! That dash looks great as well
                        thanks! junkyard runs ar da bess, cant get enough of those places.
                        Cool I want to do this swap one day (when im not too lazy)
                        Whats that cd player thingy screen thing called?
                        Pioneer SPH-DA110, although I believe they may have a newer model out. most of its feature run off of android or apple phones so if you dont have either of those it might not be totally worth it.

Welp, I didnt get as much done as I had hoped but at least some progress has been made. Started to build my mount for the air ride components in the trunk.

built a mount for the accuair computer

got everything roughly layed out

started making some hardlines, the final bend didn't come out right so it will have to be redone

and coated it in bedliner to try and waterproof it

and in the trunk

also threw in my ashtray lower dash piece, and mounted the controller where the 12volt plug ussually goes, the opening around it is almost a direct fit

Its getting close, but theres still a ton left to do till it can air out

also got started on some body work/ paint.
                        and some filler

and I got sidetracked at princess auto, ended up picking these up to convert my license plate lights to led

suprisingly they fit quite well

and with them in. Also painted the trunk and spoiler. its chalkboard paint! if I dont end up liking it then I'll go ahead and wrap it gloss black

hopefully more progress soon

Comment

Pictures of airing out. Very do.

How are those sleeve bags? Run into any issues? I'm bagging my DC and it seems like no one really bags 90's Hondas...

Comment

Originally posted by RedHeadMetalHead View Post
                            Pictures of airing out. Very do.

How are those sleeve bags? Run into any issues? I'm bagging my DC and it seems like no one really bags 90's Hondas...
                            Not sure yet, hopefully I'll have them in soon and can let you know. The only draw back on them is they don't go extremely low because they are a single below ( really the only size you can fit in the car though ) but I plan on making custom lca'a to get it a lil lower as well as modifying the factory top mounting locations on the car

Comment

This is awesome!! ��

Comment

I love this!
                                Always wanted to work on a 95 Civic CX hatch
                                This is as close as I'll get for now.

Sub'd
                                When I tour out west I'm hoping to see this beauty

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

Working...
                                X